How can I burn 1000 (real) calories today

1235»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Tatarataa wrote: »
    Is it possible to burn that amount?

I do every Tuesday (an hour of lifting followed by an hour on a bike at a minimum of a level 11 resistance) and Wednesday (10 minutes of jumping jacks/lunges/squats, 50 minutes of Tabata, an hour of Pilates, then an hour of yoga). They are my two big days at the gym and I burn right around 1000 both days. I work in at least another three hours at some point during the week.

50 minutes of Tabata? Tabata workouts are not 50 minutes long and if you make it pass 10 minutes you're doing them wrong.
  • Foxgym
    Foxgym Posts: 59 Member
    Buy a double big mac fries and apple pie and throw it on a fire.
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    You can burn around 200cals in 30mins with jillian micheals dvds, so thats 1000cals in under 3hours of workout time.

Do her 30 day shred dvd 5times, or do 5 different ones of her dvds (probably not in a row you will die try pace it over the day)

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Based on your previous thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10129476/eating-what-you-like-vs-clean-eating-vs-following-weight-watchers-or-low-carb-or-other-method it seems you have issues with binging. And now in this thread you want to burn 1000+ calories, which I assume is to compensate for your binging problems.

Like others have stated, you can't out exercise a poor diet. Do you plan on exercising for 2-3+ hours every time you experience a binge? Gawd, I wish I had that amount of time to work out. But I don't. It's unrealistic, not to mention exhausting.

So what did you do yesterday to 'compensate' for the calories you overate yesterday?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JenMaselli wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    jabx1962 wrote: »
    12 -3 Minute rounds of Boxing on a heavy bag....1 minute active rest between rounds....works for me..

I highly doubt this
    I'm sorry - what do you mean by "real calories" ? Are there other kinds of calories out there? Also, you can get a HRM for about $30 on Amazon, I love mine.

I took it to mean her actual burn, not the machine's readout or MFP over-estimation.

Ah. Well, she's saying she would burn 2000, 1000 of which are "real." I know MFP isn't super accurate, but it's not off by 50%.

Based on how people use it, it's been known to be off by more than that. I've seen numbers literally 10x what they should be.

That's more user error, though, right?

The typical combination is obese + out of shape + entering 60 minutes of "vigorous" Zumba or 30 Day Shred.

"Vigorous" in the MFP context doesn't mean you ran out of breath - it means you're super fit and worked your freakin' *kitten* off.

Oh dear. :( 30 Day Shred is great but it doesn't burn many calories. I do notice that some people wildly overestimate how many calories we burn during exercise. Not on MFP but people I know IRL. It can be disheartening when you realize that a 5 mile run didn't wipe out your entire plate of tacos from lunch.

Also... it doesn't help when Zumba and other classes promote themselves "BURN 600 calories an hour by dancing!!!!"

and this is how mis-information is spread.

Also Tabata- 50 minutes... BAW HA HA H AHAHHA
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    gia07 wrote: »
    Only a pleasure exerciser? What is that?

well I'm pretty sure I have an idea- but I don't think it's the same one as the person who posted.

LOL!!!!
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 398 Member
    edited April 2015
    For me (5'5" - 143 lbs.) 72 minutes of walking at 3.5 mph burns about 300 calories (based on MFP, Misfit, MapMyWalk and SparkPeople estimates). So I'd have to walk about 4 hours to burn 1,000 kcalories.
  • petefr10
    petefr10 Posts: 2 Member
    Why not burn half today and half tomorrow? Be a little easier on yourself.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi,

I was wondering how I can possibly burn 1000 calories a day as a lightweight female person? Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
    How much time do you have?
    You can break it up into a few workouts....walking, cycling or incline bike, a run. If you get in an early morning burn like weight training and HIIT on a bike, your metabolism increases for quite a few hours. Then walks or stairs during the day ( like during breaks), then a bike ride at the end. Your metabolism will be stoked for the entire 24 hours.
    Do you wear a tracker?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I do every Tuesday (an hour of lifting followed by an hour on a bike at a minimum of a level 11 resistance) and Wednesday (10 minutes of jumping jacks/lunges/squats, 50 minutes of Tabata, an hour of Pilates, then an hour of yoga). They are my two big days at the gym and I burn right around 1000 both days. I work in at least another three hours at some point during the week.

50 minutes of Tabata? Tabata workouts are not 50 minutes long and if you make it pass 10 minutes you're doing them wrong.

What i thought. isnt Tabata 13 minutes? Also very hard to estimate burns.

Ofc its possible to burn that much but it requires the duration and reasonable intensity.
  • yopeeps025
    999tigger wrote: »

Tabata is base off the EPOC afterburn. usually it is double the work to rest ratio. 13 minutes of Tabata would be very diffcult. Very near impossible for the right go hard concept on work periods.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Yep I know what it is thought I was reading a tababa based workout that was 13 minutes. Epoc is very difficult to calculate.
    Tabata is an early form of high-intensity interval training (HIIT), started in the 1990s by Japanese professor Izumi Tabata. (He used it to get speed skaters in shape for the Olympics.) It involves short, four-minute bouts of explosive interval moves done for 20 seconds each for eight rounds, with a 10-second break between each round.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

Ofc its possible to burn that much but it requires the duration and reasonable intensity.

Tabata is technically a 4 minute HIIT workout.
  • yopeeps025
    edited April 2015
    Yep I know what it is thought I was reading a tababa based workout that was 13 minutes. Epoc is very difficult to calculate.
    Tabata is an early form of high-intensity interval training (HIIT), started in the 1990s by Japanese professor Izumi Tabata. (He used it to get speed skaters in shape for the Olympics.) It involves short, four-minute bouts of explosive interval moves done for 20 seconds each for eight rounds, with a 10-second break between each round.

@LITtlerMeCO so you know what Tabata workouts are suppose to be.
    In show previous quotes.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Many thanks for your answers!

Just to add: I do not have a tracker so I usually count in only half of the calories in MFP. So it would have to be 2000 cal or 1000 real calories then...

And I need to do it today to balance out....

Ah! I was wondering what the definition of a real calorie was. I mean, I knew we used the term calorie when we actually meant kilocalorie. So, you want to burn a million calories, and since you figure MFP is 100% overstated, you really want to burn 2 million calories in a day. The magic eight ball says, “run a marathon.”

• Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    @Ninkyou: you are totally right in questionning my behaviour! I am working on my issues with bingeaing and trying to establish a better mealtime routine and better spread of calories over the day as awel as I am generally working on the bingeing. I totally agree with you that "making up" for overeating with exercise is not the solution, this only is maybe ok for a scoop of ice cream too much or so, but not for bingeing....it is better to go on with the normal routine after a binge. But in general, I am interested in how to burn a lot ;O) still.