Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    For those of you terrified of having a pap done, the recommendations have changed (at least in the US) and generally you only need have the pap done every 3-5 years (depending on age and past results). That said, they still recommend an annual pelvic exam, which is what most women are actually terrified of, not the brushing of the cervix, which takes all of 15 seconds.

And @ladybuggnorris - The pap is actually for screening abnormal cells that can lead to cancer. HPV is an entirely separate test, though often it can cause the abnormal cells through inflammation and raise a cause for alarm.

And just in case you're all wondering why I'd know all this nonsense, I actually run the cytology lab at this location for my company, so I am well versed in how and why pap smears, HPV, and a slew of STIs are tested for. Healthcare isn't glamourous. :/

Paps are important! Don't be like me guys. I do keep trying to get a Pap done, and I will succeed one day. Anxiety disorder is feeling very scared, and doing it anyway.

My brain is a dick.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    For those of you terrified of having a pap done, the recommendations have changed (at least in the US) and generally you only need have the pap done every 3-5 years (depending on age and past results). That said, they still recommend an annual pelvic exam, which is what most women are actually terrified of, not the brushing of the cervix, which takes all of 15 seconds.

And @ladybuggnorris - The pap is actually for screening abnormal cells that can lead to cancer. HPV is an entirely separate test, though often it can cause the abnormal cells through inflammation and raise a cause for alarm.

And just in case you're all wondering why I'd know all this nonsense, I actually run the cytology lab at this location for my company, so I am well versed in how and why pap smears, HPV, and a slew of STIs are tested for. Healthcare isn't glamourous. :/

Paps are important! Don't be like me guys. I do keep trying to get a Pap done, and I will succeed one day. Anxiety disorder is feeling very scared, and doing it anyway.

My brain is a dick.

Confession: I definitely just spit tea on my desk.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Re: the pap smears conversation. Hate them, but have gotten reasonably "comfortable"? with them. I had to have a sample taken from the cervix one year after an abnormal screening result. Worst pain I had experienced up until that point. After that, the regular paps didn't seem so bad.

I didn't know that they are only needed 3-5 years now though. I should make mention of that with my new doctor. Especially given that it's a dude. Which I am SO not comfortable with yet. Ah. A new set of anxieties. Yay.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

My brain is a dick.

Awesome.

[Eta: your attitude, not your brain]
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Re: the pap smears conversation. Hate them, but have gotten reasonably "comfortable"? with them. I had to have a sample taken from the cervix one year after an abnormal screening result. Worst pain I had experienced up until that point. After that, the regular paps didn't seem so bad.

I didn't know that they are only needed 3-5 years now though. I should make mention of that with my new doctor. Especially given that it's a dude. Which I am SO not comfortable with yet. Ah. A new set of anxieties. Yay.

They changed the frequency recommendations I think. I was so excited because I hate Paps. I haven't had one in 3 years and have no future plans of doing so. I hate when male OB's talk through the procedure. I know what you are doing, I don't want you talking while you are prodding me with your head between my legs.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess that I tried p90x, but listening to Tony Horton's voice & banter made me want to punch him in the face.

The Spartacus DVDs are sooooo much better.

So hearing him poorly quote Forrest Gump and the one girl saying GERMAN POTATO SOUP didn't cut it for ya?

I would mute him during yoga. Plus any video with Dreya annoyed me to no end.

Confession: my sister and I will randomly say stupid Tony phrases to each other at the gym to get the other person to laugh.

I don't like listening to ANY of the videos I've tried so far. I usually watch and listen once just in case there are form tips, then put it on mute and play rock music every other time watching for the cues.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

They changed the frequency recommendations I think. I was so excited because I hate Paps. I haven't had one in 3 years and have no future plans of doing so. I hate when male OB's talk through the procedure. I know what you are doing, I don't want you talking while you are prodding me with your head between my legs.

Right?? I don't even like females talking, trying to make conversation. Prod prod "So how was your summer?" .... Yea I can't tell you about my summer when you're all up in my bizness, sorry. But maybe that's just me. Perhaps they have lots of chatty Cathy's coming in to the office.

IDK. Is the gyno the new hair stylist??
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    My gyno was some old man. The fact that he was a man made me more uncomfortable, but I'm glad he was at least an older one.

*Rubbing my boobs* "So... you ever do an at-home breast exam?''
    ''I- er.... what? No.'' :|
    ''It's easy.'' *still rubbing my boobs* ''You just have to feel them like this, whenever you have time, to check for lumps.''
    ''Oh. Yes I've done that before.'' :flushed:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I have an uncommon first name, and it makes me SO MAD when people I've known for 10+ years misspell it. Especially on social media. You are looking right at it! Just spell it the right way! It's only five letters long!

I have a lot of secret rage.

YES! Me too! I think mine is spelled the "normal" way for an uncommon name...also only 5 letters long. Get it right!

there's 2 popular ways to spell my first name, mine is the easier of the two, everyone always tries to spell it the harder way...
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Also, I automatically hate -aiden/aden/ayden names. So if your kid is named Brayden, Ayden, Aiden, Braiden, Zayden, Zaiden, Jaiden, jaden, Jayden, Raiden, Rayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Kaden etc. . . .. . . i hate him/her already.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Speaking of pap smears... The worst thing I've had done to me was that test where they put ink in your tubes to see if they are blocked. It was absolutely awful. It hurt a lot and I felt completely violated afterwards. Never again.

About names, my name is very French and 99% of people completely butcher it in the US. I curse my parents for calling me that. I actually considered changing it when I applied for US citizenship but didn't want to deal with all the paperwork...

ETA: confession - I feel way too happy after a good meal. Just so satisfying (especially when it's within my calories as I don't have to deal with guilt).
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Also, I automatically hate -aiden/aden/ayden names. So if your kid is named Brayden, Ayden, Aiden, Braiden, Zayden, Zaiden, Jaiden, jaden, Jayden, Raiden, Rayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Kaden etc. . . .. . . i hate him/her already.

My son's baseball team last year had the following boys on it: Aidan, Caiden, Jayden and Braylen. I hated all of them and their parents.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. My name is very common in the southern US... but in Quebec it takes a lot of people several attempts until they can say it right. I haven't met one person with my name here, but there were tons in my high school.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Mothers day is coming up. I never ask for anything. I've always felt bad at the idea of it because growing up my mother would make me and her other two kids and actual list on paper of all the things she wanted.

My husband mentioned a week or so ago he wanted to get me something. I just asked him if it would be ok if he would get me a set of kettle bells. I feel really guilty for actually asking for something.

Don't feel guilty! That's an awesome Mother's Day present!

Confession: Last Mother's Day my husband and son bought me a bike from my son (an awesome fixed gear bike), but I had anxiety about having a seizure on it (I have epilepsy) so I made them take it back. I feel guilty about it to this day.

I'm sure they understand that you were concerned about your own safety, right? But I DO understand the mom-guilt of turning down a gift from you child. Don't worry about it, though!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

I confess as a teen, some of these were on my list of baby names (frightening that I had already had a list), but as I've aged and met people, kids, babies thus named... I hold quite a similar feeling for that particular offshoot of names.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My mom and sister came home from work at 11 PM last night with subs, mozzarella sticks, and fried pickles. I proceeded to eat two slices of cheese pizza with jalapeño Tabasco even though I wasn't hungry. Fail. I really just need to shut my door and ignore them when they get home so that I don't eat.

Doing a crazy one-hour cardio workout today as punishment. lol
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I've finally caught up! I had a work trip last week and was behind over 800 posts, so I've spent the past 3 days catching up as much as I can (it's a busy work week, too).
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

My aunt and uncle both had first names starting with "D". They had 6 kids, all names starting with "D". Oldest son married a woman with first name starting with "D" and named child #1 with a "D" name. Next oldest son (coincidentally) married a woman whose first name started with "D" and named their first child a name starting with "J".

It caused a serious feud in their family. LOL
    I suppose they got over it after a while, but it was a topic of conversation for a while.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I secretly hate my husband's grandma and can't wait until she is gone! I've had to put up with this old bat for over 20 years and she is a HUGE liar and drama queen. Half of my husband's family has cut her off and I don't blame them. She's a big fat fake liar and I can't stand her! She's like Marie on "everyone loves Raymond" only worse. She had a stroke in January after breaking her hip and unfortunately for me the bat had a complete recovery and is doing very well. I don't care that she's 90! I can't stand her! Husband's cousin said she'll give me a million dollars if I push her down the stairs. LOL! Sorry but I can't stand her!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)