Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Last confession for the day: I hate it when people are early. I understand why some people think being late is rude, but I think turning up earlier than you said you were going to is a lot more inconsiderate.

What if it's for work? Being late for work isn't inconsiderate.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    What annoys me about names is when parents give their kids names that have similar endings. A family at a church I used to go to named their sons Carter, Parker, and Spencer. My brother's kids' names end in -en, -in, and -on. I don't know why, it just bugs me for some reason. I also don't like it when people name their kids and call them by their middle name. Example: Singer Josh Turner has a son named Crawford Marion and they call him Marion.

My name is incredibly unique and it is annoying because no one pronounces it or spells it right. All of my other siblings got normal names except my sister Shawn, but even that's not bad. My 10th grade health teacher never said it right for the entire semester. After correcting him for the third time, I gave up. I avoided participating in that class because I was embarrassed every time he called on me. I've thought about legally changing my name, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather be called.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    My name is Kristen. Over the years I've learned to answer to pretty much any variation, and there are a LOT of them. I won't answer to Kris, though. I hate that.
  • WilloughbyR72
    WilloughbyR72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Food what is it about you that entraps me. I love carbs but my A1c said that they will kill me slowly. so on my last day before I started I ate an entire large pepperoni and extra cheese pizza and not a little so called 14" large from a chain place but an 18" from my favorite local pizza joint.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    For those of you terrified of having a pap done, the recommendations have changed (at least in the US) and generally you only need have the pap done every 3-5 years (depending on age and past results). That said, they still recommend an annual pelvic exam, which is what most women are actually terrified of, not the brushing of the cervix, which takes all of 15 seconds.

And @ladybuggnorris - The pap is actually for screening abnormal cells that can lead to cancer. HPV is an entirely separate test, though often it can cause the abnormal cells through inflammation and raise a cause for alarm.

And just in case you're all wondering why I'd know all this nonsense, I actually run the cytology lab at this location for my company, so I am well versed in how and why pap smears, HPV, and a slew of STIs are tested for. Healthcare isn't glamourous. :/

Paps are important! Don't be like me guys. I do keep trying to get a Pap done, and I will succeed one day. Anxiety disorder is feeling very scared, and doing it anyway.

My brain is a dick.

Confession: I definitely just spit tea on my desk.

I totally would have if I had been drinking anything. That was hilarious!
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Random thought for the day. Stitch fix box came (it is my first time trying it) I didn't like most BUT I did fall in love with a size 14 kut from kloth diana skinny jean. Not cheap and at the rate I am dropping pounds they won't fit for long but I am keeping them anyhow. And I am wearing them now even though I have a professional video conference call in a few mins since they won't be able to see that I have knee high black boots and jeans..
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    What annoys me about names is when parents give their kids names that have similar endings. A family at a church I used to go to named their sons Carter, Parker, and Spencer. My brother's kids' names end in -en, -in, and -on. I don't know why, it just bugs me for some reason. I also don't like it when people name their kids and call them by their middle name. Example: Singer Josh Turner has a son named Crawford Marion and they call him Marion.

My name is incredibly unique and it is annoying because no one pronounces it or spells it right. All of my other siblings got normal names except my sister Shawn, but even that's not bad. My 10th grade health teacher never said it right for the entire semester. After correcting him for the third time, I gave up. I avoided participating in that class because I was embarrassed every time he called on me. I've thought about legally changing my name, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather be called.

I knew a family whose kids were named Jay, Trey, Clay and Mae. So annoying!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

I can understand some people who go by their middle name. For example, I have an uncle whose name is Shirley Gene. He goes by Gene. Grandma was the only one I ever heard call him Shirley.

Naming somebody and planning for it? I don't get that.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Also, I automatically hate -aiden/aden/ayden names. So if your kid is named Brayden, Ayden, Aiden, Braiden, Zayden, Zaiden, Jaiden, jaden, Jayden, Raiden, Rayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Kaden etc. . . .. . . i hate him/her already.

I confess as a teen, some of these were on my list of baby names (frightening that I had already had a list), but as I've aged and met people, kids, babies thus named... I hold quite a similar feeling for that particular offshoot of names.

I work for a child support enforcement agency--you wouldn't believe the insane names of these poor poor children we see here. You want to ask the parents WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

My name is Tammy. Spelled the correct way. ;)
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Stupidest namers ever were my brother's previous neighbors. They had four kids and their names were Kyla(g), Kyle(b), Kyler(b), and Kylee(g). I just know there must be something missing from the gene pool or a LOT of drugs involved int he decision.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989 Cheltenham, but visiting my boyfriend in London very often :)
  • bkhamill
    Options

Brenda here, pretty hard to misspell that one.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Aww, my sister is Brenda! Hi!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

I'm going to guess Ruth or Rachel? Haha my first name is Laura and I enjoy my first and middle names!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

My name is Tammy. Spelled the correct way. ;)

You mean the boring way :p FTFY
  • bkhamill
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Aww, my sister is Brenda! Hi!

nice to meet you Tami!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

My name is Melissa. I was named after a CCR song, and a girl from the little house on the prairie books.

I feel it suits me.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Really want to lose the last ten pounds having a hard time. I cant stop eating, then the next day, I fast.