Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Stupidest namers ever were my brother's previous neighbors. They had four kids and their names were Kyla(g), Kyle(b), Kyler(b), and Kylee(g). I just know there must be something missing from the gene pool or a LOT of drugs involved int he decision.

I hate the Kayla, Kaylee, Karlee, Kyree names. Sorry if that's you.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Also, I automatically hate -aiden/aden/ayden names. So if your kid is named Brayden, Ayden, Aiden, Braiden, Zayden, Zaiden, Jaiden, jaden, Jayden, Raiden, Rayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Kaden etc. . . .. . . i hate him/her already.

I confess I feel the same way about the names that end in "Y", like Kimberly, Tiffany, Brittany, Haley, Stephany, etc...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

My name is Melissa. I was named after a CCR song, and a girl from the little house on the prairie books.

I feel it suits me.

Loved Little House on the Prairie books. Had the whole set and read them innumerous times.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    What annoys me about names is when parents give their kids names that have similar endings. A family at a church I used to go to named their sons Carter, Parker, and Spencer. My brother's kids' names end in -en, -in, and -on. I don't know why, it just bugs me for some reason. I also don't like it when people name their kids and call them by their middle name. Example: Singer Josh Turner has a son named Crawford Marion and they call him Marion.

My name is incredibly unique and it is annoying because no one pronounces it or spells it right. All of my other siblings got normal names except my sister Shawn, but even that's not bad. My 10th grade health teacher never said it right for the entire semester. After correcting him for the third time, I gave up. I avoided participating in that class because I was embarrassed every time he called on me. I've thought about legally changing my name, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather be called.

I, too, dislike when parents call them by their middle name! Unless they're a junior or a III.

I understand this except with my last name I always cringed in college the first day of class when they'd take roll (high school there were so many Buehrle's everyone knew how to pronounce it by the time I got there so it wasn't an issue!)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Stupidest namers ever were my brother's previous neighbors. They had four kids and their names were Kyla(g), Kyle(b), Kyler(b), and Kylee(g). I just know there must be something missing from the gene pool or a LOT of drugs involved int he decision.

A former friend had a husband named Charles and they got twins and named them Charlie and Charley or something. I don't even. As if it wasn't annoying enough to have a twin.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

I'm going to guess Ruth or Rachel? Haha my first name is Laura and I enjoy my first and middle names!

Rachel :) I used to hate it when I was a kid (probably because there aren't any good nicknames. "Rae" - nah. "Rach" - hate it with the fire of a thousand suns). But I love it now!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

A former friend had a husband named Charles and they got twins and named them Charlie and Charley or something. I don't even. As if it wasn't annoying enough to have a twin.

There's a family where the dads name is Kevin and they have twins names Kevin and Nevik ...Yep.

Also dude named his twins William and William.

Came across a case child's name is Saule'berti. (Pronounce celebrity)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

I'm going to guess Ruth or Rachel? Haha my first name is Laura and I enjoy my first and middle names!

I was going to say "character from Friends or character from Cheers?" which are my two go-tos for Biblical R names, but Ruth is good too.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    What annoys me about names is when parents give their kids names that have similar endings. A family at a church I used to go to named their sons Carter, Parker, and Spencer. My brother's kids' names end in -en, -in, and -on. I don't know why, it just bugs me for some reason. I also don't like it when people name their kids and call them by their middle name. Example: Singer Josh Turner has a son named Crawford Marion and they call him Marion.

My name is incredibly unique and it is annoying because no one pronounces it or spells it right. All of my other siblings got normal names except my sister Shawn, but even that's not bad. My 10th grade health teacher never said it right for the entire semester. After correcting him for the third time, I gave up. I avoided participating in that class because I was embarrassed every time he called on me. I've thought about legally changing my name, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather be called.

I, too, dislike when parents call them by their middle name! Unless they're a junior or a III.

I understand this except with my last name I always cringed in college the first day of class when they'd take roll (high school there were so many Buehrle's everyone knew how to pronounce it by the time I got there so it wasn't an issue!)

I dated a guy who was a "goes by his middle name" (he was not a junior). He more officially went by first initial, full middle, last, and then was called the nickname for the middle.

He subsequently became a hard right politician who was in a sex scandal when his wife was pregnant with their third child.

I see this as predictable.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Rachel :) I used to hate it when I was a kid (probably because there aren't any good nicknames. "Rae" - nah. "Rach" - hate it with the fire of a thousand suns). But I love it now!

My kids have proper nicknames, which comes with the territory of old timey names. They also have family nicknames.

"Butt head" and "fart butt".
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Jo.

it's is a very shortened nick name... but people still spell it Joe.

I'm like.

I can't.

Also.

Back to the pap thing- I'm generally pretty good with small talk- I like jokes- I make them put up man- mobiles for me (pretty pictures of men- like the little fishes when you were a kid at the dentist)... but when I went for a colposcopy- she came up for air (different lady) and pushed down the sheet bewteen my knees so she could see me and started blabbering on about Jennifer Aniston vs Angelina Jolie. That was the moment I knew what was "to much for me".

Move it along lady- move it along.
  • JSurita2
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Also, I automatically hate -aiden/aden/ayden names. So if your kid is named Brayden, Ayden, Aiden, Braiden, Zayden, Zaiden, Jaiden, jaden, Jayden, Raiden, Rayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Kaden etc. . . .. . . i hate him/her already.

I confess I feel the same way about the names that end in "Y", like Kimberly, Tiffany, Brittany, Haley, Stephany, etc...

PS. Sorry if you're name ends in Y. My name is Jeanette and I don't love it either. Everyone calls me "J" except at work.
  • lemurcat12
    edited April 2015
    Options

Oh, I missed this. I love the name Rachel. It was always one of the names I'd give a daughter if that had ever come up.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am headless IRL too.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am headless IRL too.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Added- if you share your name, please share your childhood name based insult.

Mine was "smell-issa"
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    My husband Ed, was called "egg"
  • JSurita2
    Options
    There was a little boy in the school where my friend worked whose name was Shithed. It was a riot how people mis-pronounced it. (*kitten* Head)....poor kid.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Added- if you share your name, please share your childhood name based insult.

Mine was "smell-issa"

Ste-Fanny
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My real name is Liz (well Elizabeth) I grew up listening to idiot sign me the lizzy borden rhyme. So it can get it even when your name is fairly mainstream.