Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Another thread got me thinking of a new confession. I hate negative posts on IG motivational accounts. You know the type. Post of well-earned ripped body, one good comment, the rest "you look like a man", "ugly", "unattractive", "unhealthy" - uh what?

My confession is - I hate those comments but if I ever post something that elicits that response, I will be secretly giddy.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    On the name thing:

Me: hi, my name is *insert name here*
    Person: what's your real name?
    Me: that is my real name.
    Person: what's it short for?
    Me: ... nothing
    Person: *incredulously* that's your full name?!
    Me: yes.
    Person: it isn't short for *outlandish made up guess*
    Me: *walk away*

I have this exchange at least four times a year.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

Shannon (it's actually in my profile!), named for the river in Ireland as my mother's family is German-Irish. Had I been blessed with a sister, she'd have been Berlin (or perhaps I would have been). I can never decide if I lucked or lost out.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I feel disgusted to see Fat people check-in to restaurants and uploading food pictures on Facebook,

Lol. Or fat friends (sorry) that post "Went to the gym today! Feels so great, can't wait till tomorrow!"

2n87alg.jpg
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I feel disgusted to see Fat people check-in to restaurants and uploading food pictures on Facebook,

Lol. Or fat friends (sorry) that post "Went to the gym today! Feels so great, can't wait till tomorrow!"

2n87alg.jpg

^this is why my fat *kitten* doesn't post about going to the gym on facebook. That, and I really don't feel the need to report my daily doings to people I barely talk to. I let the occasional picture I post tell the story.

Confession: there's this girl I used to go to high school with that graduated the year after me. She occasionally runs into me at one of the gyms I go to and one time she tagged me there on Facebook. I untagged myself because it's nobodys business, and since then she refuses to talk to me. Secretly, I'm glad because I really can't stand her.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Speaking of names, I still don't understand why Richard's surname is typically Dick. And who in the world would call their kid Dick, although it made for an epic season in Supernatural with Dick jokes.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I always though Richard should be Rich. A friend had an older brother named Richard but his family all called him Dicky NO JOKE, I used to quietly laugh my *** off.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The funniest "themed" names I've heard recently are from a couple with two boys, Hunter and Trapper. They're expecting their third, if it's a boy it'll be Fisher, if it's a girl it will be Timber.

None of the names on their own are horrible, but together they sound like a bunch of rednecks.

I also know a couple who named their boys Hunter and Fisher! Posting their last name would violate their privacy, but if you only knew what it was. Makes me shake my head every time I think about what they did to those poor boys.

I don't know it anyway. It was through a coworker that told me about them (her kids go to school with the boys)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Nobody ever spells my name right either...my name is Nichole, and I've very rarely seen anyone else with the same name spell it like that.

I've been asked if it's pronounced the same way. FFS...

Unusually enough, I am Nicole and people mispell it with the dang "h" all the time, even my boss at work, who sees my name on the schedule ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

BTW, I have never, ever been Nikki (stomped the *kitten* out of that way back in elementary school), but by high school (and to this day, to certain people) enjoyed going by "Nic". My husband is Jason, but I call him Jas unless I am pissed off, lol.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The funniest "themed" names I've heard recently are from a couple with two boys, Hunter and Trapper. They're expecting their third, if it's a boy it'll be Fisher, if it's a girl it will be Timber.

None of the names on their own are horrible, but together they sound like a bunch of rednecks.

I had friends who named their three sons Ian, Aidan and Ethan. I just called them all Ian :open_mouth:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    My name is William, 95% of the time I meet someone I'll say "Hi I'm Will" they then say "Can I call you Bill" and I think no you dickface if I wanted to be called Bill I'd have said that.

Also my nickname since I was about 15 has been Fester. Nearly everyone but the people I work with call me that. I cannot recall the last time one of my parents or siblings used my actual name.

My name is Amanda. I hate when people want to call me Mandy. The only nickname I've allowed is Manders, given to me at my first job because there were 2 Amandas.

The name my brother would taunt me with as kids was Aman-DUH. (real original)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    My name is William, 95% of the time I meet someone I'll say "Hi I'm Will" they then say "Can I call you Bill" and I think no you dickface if I wanted to be called Bill I'd have said that.

Also my nickname since I was about 15 has been Fester. Nearly everyone but the people I work with call me that. I cannot recall the last time one of my parents or siblings used my actual name.

My father in law is like this. He got nicknamed "Deputy" for some reason as a kid, and everybody and their dog calls him "Dep". The first time I met him, I though "wtf, that is a weird name". His real name is Thomas/Tom. I have never heard him addressed that way, not out loud anyway.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Speaking of names, I still don't understand why Richard's surname is typically Dick. And who in the world would call their kid Dick, although it made for an epic season in Supernatural with Dick jokes.
    my hubby is richard and a 3rd. His dad goes by Dick and when my hubby is made at said dad he just calls him by his name. I have to admit looking my father in law in the face and calling him Dick took some getting used to.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

Hi Tami (I was tempted to write Tammy or Tammi...). I'm Christina and everyone spells or says it wrong. My name is my email address at work and I still get "Christine" on a weekly basis. Or I introduce myself and get "oh Chris? Christy? Chrissy? Tina? Christine?" Did I SAY any of those? No.
    The funny thing is, I have the least foreign name of any of my siblings. My last name is insanely difficult to pronounce for people in the US but my first name shouldn't be so hard... /rant.

Same but opposite for me. I'm Christine and everyone always calls me Christina at work. What is it about these names???

My family nickname was Crissybug (hence my name on MFP-my African dwarf froggys that you see in the avatar picture and part of my nickname) :)

Of course the means kids called me Sissy.
  • r_wilson9
    r_wilson9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll cheat sometimes and it plagues my mind so I'll run or do something to help burn it off and I'll log it in mfp and like today I had 2 glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts ughhhh I need more friends to help motivate me add me folks!!!! Overall I just want to lose weight
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Does the dark chocolate dreams taste like peanut butter and chocolate or more like nutella?

Definitely pb and chocolate. It reminds me of the dark chocolate Reeses cups.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »

Hi Tami (I was tempted to write Tammy or Tammi...). I'm Christina and everyone spells or says it wrong. My name is my email address at work and I still get "Christine" on a weekly basis. Or I introduce myself and get "oh Chris? Christy? Chrissy? Tina? Christine?" Did I SAY any of those? No.
    The funny thing is, I have the least foreign name of any of my siblings. My last name is insanely difficult to pronounce for people in the US but my first name shouldn't be so hard... /rant.

Same but opposite for me. I'm Christine and everyone always calls me Christina at work. What is it about these names???

My family nickname was Crissybug (hence my name on MFP-my African dwarf froggys that you see in the avatar picture and part of my nickname) :)

Of course the means kids called me Sissy.

I dunno but it drives me crazy. It drives me crazy when people ask if they can just call me Chrissy. Like...no.
    3 people in my life can all me Tina and a small handful call me Stina even though I think it's weird. Upside is, I'm a very nicknamable person (outside of work, where it's always Christina) so it throws people off. At my first job there were two Christina's and the one would ALWAYS answer the phone for me when I'd get calls so they started overhead announcing that Monopoly had a call on line 1. Monopoly was easier to say than my last name, although the only correlation is they both have an 'nopo' in it. Weird.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Nobody ever spells my name right either...my name is Nichole, and I've very rarely seen anyone else with the same name spell it like that.

I've been asked if it's pronounced the same way. FFS...

Also, your gray cat looks a lot like my gray cat, who's name is Bandit.

ia2ctmc3329n.jpg

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    What annoys me about names is when parents give their kids names that have similar endings. A family at a church I used to go to named their sons Carter, Parker, and Spencer. My brother's kids' names end in -en, -in, and -on. I don't know why, it just bugs me for some reason. I also don't like it when people name their kids and call them by their middle name. Example: Singer Josh Turner has a son named Crawford Marion and they call him Marion.

My name is incredibly unique and it is annoying because no one pronounces it or spells it right. All of my other siblings got normal names except my sister Shawn, but even that's not bad. My 10th grade health teacher never said it right for the entire semester. After correcting him for the third time, I gave up. I avoided participating in that class because I was embarrassed every time he called on me. I've thought about legally changing my name, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather be called.

I did this. I thought it would be cute, however it is annoying as crap when I am calling them.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

I think I love you.