Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ok so i'm also old. i do know who kim k is, and i just googled amber rose bc i'd never heard of her. those people, it seems to me, all have hyperfeminine bodies, i wouldn't call them trashy. but i would say that they all look surgically enhanced. which i don't have a problem with, at all. but if that's your goal, to have a thin waist and big booty and boobs, it's probably not realistic unless you have money for that. which maybe you do, i don't know. but it's not going to happen with fitness and diet (or with not losing weight at all).

like look at this

screen-shot-2015-01-22-at-4-40-52-pm.png?w=700
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dyemysoul wrote: »
    @JoRocka thank you! I actually rented the dress from a website called Renttherunway.com. I love this website... You can rent high-end designer dresses for between 30-600$$. Granted this dress was maybe $35 to rent. You get 2 sizes to make sure you get a good fit and you get a second choice dress for free. The jewelry was rented as well. I've used this site numerous times and have excellent results everytime. Even when I needed to lose weight I got a great dress that fitted perfectly.

@dyemysoul you have seriously JUST made my night. For real. I needed to hear this. I'm on the hunt for some things. So yes. You win the internet. Cthulhu bless you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Wait...what did I miss here? Christine called someone "not curvy" and is now getting slammed? I just had three glasses of wine so sorry if I missed something.

Yeah pretty much. Someone posted a pic of a wrestler woman describing her as curvy. I said I don't see any curves, just fake boobs and no shape, I think.... cant recall.
    And here we are about to go round and round on the merry go round!
    I still stand by my opinion. I can't exactly back peddle or apologise to this woman....

I didn't find her curvy either. But of course she has shape. Everyone has shape.
  • arditarose
    Options
    OP-what are your measurements? So many people on here are saying you can't achieve the look you want but who are we to know?
  • arditarose
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    ok so i'm also old. i do know who kim k is, and i just googled amber rose bc i'd never heard of her. those people, it seems to me, all have hyperfeminine bodies, i wouldn't call them trashy. but i would say that they all look surgically enhanced. which i don't have a problem with, at all. but if that's your goal, to have a thin waist and big booty and boobs, it's probably not realistic unless you have money for that. which maybe you do, i don't know. but it's not going to happen with fitness and diet (or with not losing weight at all).

like look at this

wowie wowie. I still don't know who this girl is.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

like look at this

She's known for dating people who have done stuff.

That's all you really need to know.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I pretty much disagreed with the posters opinion and got jumped on

I'm legitimately curious-- why do you think what the other poster said about your skin tone is different than what you said about the wrestler? Just because the wrestler isn't here to read it? That's really not me trying to be argumentative (and I'm sorry if you think I'm jumping on you because that's not my intention) that's me really not understanding or seeing any difference whatsoever.

personally I really don't care what the other poster said about my skin tone. Although I'm still not quite clear exactly what she meant....

I think what the other poster said was just plain bitchy, and didn't really have a point other than to have a personal attack on me. Again, I'm not fussed.

My comment came about because I disagreed with the poster who said wrestler girl was curvy. Maybe I could have omitted the fake boobs and zero curves comment. And instead said.... I don't think she's curvy at all. Maybe that would have appeased the masses?? We'll never know, I can't unring the bell now, nor can apologise to her because she's not here :wink:

• arditarose
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

like look at this

She's known for dating people who have done stuff.

That's all you really need to know.

Thanks. I'm almost caught up on this thread now.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    No, no no. This is what a grown-up curvy woman looks like:

article-2604520-1D1CF36500000578-218_634x848.jpg
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    [/quote] wowie. I still don't know who this girl is.[/quote]

Have you heard of the rapper Kanye West? They dated and that's how she got famous. The reason why people think she is trash is because she was a stripper at 15. Now she's just famous for "her look".

I personally don't judge people because I don't care about what others do or have done with their lives. She was a stripper, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a beautiful woman.
  • arditarose
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    wowie. I still don't know who this girl is.[/quote]

Have you heard of the rapper Kanye West? They dated and that's how she got famous. The reason why people think she is trash is because she was a stripper at 15. Now she's just famous for "her look".

I personally don't judge people because I don't care about what others do or have done with their lives. She was a stripper, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a beautiful woman.
    [/quote]

Oh Kanye. Yeah. I listen to the song "Monster" when I work out a lot.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    wowie. I still don't know who this girl is.[/quote]

[/quote]

She is! But it cost her, it seems like, anyway.
  • angellll12
    Options
    nvvih5y7ys6u.jpg

She had cute lil buns before.
    Crazy, one extreme to the other.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Dang.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Found a pic that is SFW, woot:

208235692.jpg

Honestly, this is what I think when I hear thick and curvy. Maybe my brain is wired to think "thick with muscle," I dunno. But I'd kill to get those quads and that booty. Plus Kaitlyn's one of my athletic girl crushes, haha! It's not everyone's cup of tea, I know. Totally cool with that!
  • angellll12
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    Found a pic that is SFW, woot:

208235692.jpg

Honestly, this is what I think when I hear thick and curvy. Maybe my brain is wired to think "thick with muscle," I dunno. But I'd kill to get those quads and that booty. Plus Kaitlyn's one of my athletic girl crushes, haha! It's not everyone's cup of tea, I know. Totally cool with that!

That girl is HOT. Idk if I'm feeling all that muscle in her leg looks like she could kick you to the moon..she is gorgeous I must say, that's a nice body type. I think thick originally meant what you posted and then it turned into something else.

• arditarose
    Options
    I can't see the pic on my computer for some reason.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pic on my computer for some reason.

Me neither. Might be for the best though :tongue: :open_mouth:

• angellll12
    Options
    Try on your phones
  • arditarose
    Options
    Try on your phones

Ha, that would be even worse.