Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree that height and weight alone definitely don't tell the whole story.

I take the BMI thing with a grain of salt, as well.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    And that's Jennifer Lopez real *kitten*, because as she got older her booty deflated you can see in her booty music video that it's not that big anymore.

You'll notice both selena and j-lo are hispanic. It's their genetic predisposition to gain fat in those areas.

If you don't have that, then your only option is surgery.

I am Latin . That's where I carry my weight....Just need to lose more stomach.

Just thought it was funny that some made it seem like it was impossible to have a body type like that naturally.

Even then, neither of them are as extreme as your original examples. And even if they were, there's a reason they are celebrities and regarded as some of the most beautiful people on earth. Hint: it's not because everyone else can/does look like them.

I'm just saying, that's hot.
    All of the women are examples of curvy body type, real or fake wasn't the point.
    Thick is sexy, simple. That's it.

Jennifer Lopez is 5'6 and 120lbs. She may be thick but she's not carrying much body fat. That's more or less true of all those curvy celebrities.

• LilLuLu4
    LilLuLu4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Eudoxy wrote: »
    And that's Jennifer Lopez real *kitten*, because as she got older her booty deflated you can see in her booty music video that it's not that big anymore.

You'll notice both selena and j-lo are hispanic. It's their genetic predisposition to gain fat in those areas.

Just thought it was funny that some made it seem like it was impossible to have a body type like that naturally.

Even then, neither of them are as extreme as your original examples. And even if they were, there's a reason they are celebrities and regarded as some of the most beautiful people on earth. Hint: it's not because everyone else can/does look like them.

All of the women are examples of curvy body type, real or fake wasn't the point.

Jennifer Lopez is 5'6 and 120lbs. She may be thick but she's not carrying much body fat. That's more or less true of all those curvy celebrities.

I agree that JLO isn't carrying much fat but I NEVER believe celebrities' listed weight. I highly doubt she weighs 120 lbs. But you're right, you don't have to be overweight to be curvy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »

I agree that JLO isn't carrying much fat but I NEVER believe celebrities' listed weight. I highly doubt she weighs 120 lbs. But you're right, you don't have to be overweight to be curvy.

nods
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    dyemysoul wrote: »
    I'm 163# and 5'3 in this photo. I run 3-4x and lift 2x weekly. I am actually loving how I look right now.... With clothes on. Well, without clothes too for that matter. I have worked so hard and I have seen awesome changes in the 'worst' places on my body(thighs, butt, stomach). I still want to lose about 25# but I'm really loving the gradually changes to witness my hard work in action.... Like lines on the outside of my stomach or some serious firmness in my tushy and even my thighs thinning out/ completely changing shape from running. Love yourself in all your shapes and sizes because it's amazing what you've accomplished..9avt1mwwrbkd.jpg

P.s. No push up bra, no spanx, and I've lost 49.4#....

I don't comment on forums much (I do read many for entertainment value though), but you are stunningly beautiful! Just thought you should know :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Yeah being more curvy is considered to be sexy now a days, omg... How dare they. Guess what, not everyone cares to be ripped. I believe in getting cardio everyday to get your heart going but that's it. Not everyone has time to hop on the bike with their chicken legs. Why is being afraid to lose something on your body that you love so mind blowing? If I were obese I'd surely be worried about my health. Some of you health nuts are freaks and need to simmer down.

more people are expressing concern over the fact you seem to be driven by a social implication.

If you love your a@@ then you love it and you don't need our justification for it. Mine's only gotten better- even as I've lost weight.

Do what you think is best for you- and what you like- not because something is "in"

also- LOL at getting ripped- you do realize that takes practically years of hard work right?

What's in is what I always liked. That's my vision of sexy, I used to think you always had to be super skinny to be hot- even though I never found that attractive. I tried to be that, worked out did what I had to do to lose weight but now that I'm 143 I think I look hot, even hotter if I go down to 130- and some of you health craze will still think that's unhealthy. Understand something, you don't have to be a gym rat to be healthy.

So you have no ability of forming your own opinion and can only do what mainstream society tells you what to like and do.

That is the single most pathetic thing I have ever read or heard in the past 5 years of my life. It must be so incredibly sad to be someone who HAS to be exactly what the trend is.

If it became a trend to start cutting your wrists then I guess we wouldn't have to put up with threads like this.

I don't think that's how she meant it. I think she meant that she's always thought women with more weight on them (esp in the bum) look good and that is just what happens to be a trend now. Not that she only likes whatever the current fad is as it changes through the years. I think she now feels more confident in expressing her opinion about having higher body fat since it's less "taboo" to think that "thick" girls are in fashion.
  • Eudoxy
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »

That's true. She's probably not the best example, either, because she's small. Kim K., Minaj, et al are more voluptuous, but still, they have small waist. Like others have said, it's an exaggerated look not achievable outside of surgery. If if they're above normal bmi, it's the weight of the implants.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    This is when I was overweight, 165 maybe at 5'6. (I'm the one on the right)

SAM_0293.jpg
    free picture hosting

I am overweight, but I don't think I look it. BMI isn't always the best guideline, although I did lose weight after this.

Now I'm losing after my 3rd baby and I'm not happy with how I look (current pic I'm around 175-180) but I don't think I look hugely overweight either.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Do whatever makes you happy and comfortable in your own skin.

I'm very petite 5'1" and at 102 lbs I have muffin top and flabby. I'm not happy with how I look and feel. My ideal weight for my small frame is 92-95 lbs. But that's just me.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Yeah being more curvy is considered to be sexy now a days, omg... How dare they. Guess what, not everyone cares to be ripped. I believe in getting cardio everyday to get your heart going but that's it. Not everyone has time to hop on the bike with their chicken legs. Why is being afraid to lose something on your body that you love so mind blowing? If I were obese I'd surely be worried about my health. Some of you health nuts are freaks and need to simmer down.

more people are expressing concern over the fact you seem to be driven by a social implication.

If you love your a@@ then you love it and you don't need our justification for it. Mine's only gotten better- even as I've lost weight.

Do what you think is best for you- and what you like- not because something is "in"

also- LOL at getting ripped- you do realize that takes practically years of hard work right?

What's in is what I always liked. That's my vision of sexy, I used to think you always had to be super skinny to be hot- even though I never found that attractive. I tried to be that, worked out did what I had to do to lose weight but now that I'm 143 I think I look hot, even hotter if I go down to 130- and some of you health craze will still think that's unhealthy. Understand something, you don't have to be a gym rat to be healthy.

So you have no ability of forming your own opinion and can only do what mainstream society tells you what to like and do.

That is the single most pathetic thing I have ever read or heard in the past 5 years of my life. It must be so incredibly sad to be someone who HAS to be exactly what the trend is.

If it became a trend to start cutting your wrists then I guess we wouldn't have to put up with threads like this.

I don't think that's how she meant it. I think she meant that she's always thought women with more weight on them (esp in the bum) look good and that is just what happens to be a trend now. Not that she only likes whatever the current fad is as it changes through the years. I think she now feels more confident in expressing her opinion about having higher body fat since it's less "taboo" to think that "thick" girls are in fashion.

People take the title very very very literal. A simple statement can turn into something so much more in these fourms, but thats ok. Yes I always thought curves were sexy, before it was cool and people were brainwashed to believe super skinny is the only way to feel good about yourself and if you're anything but that you can't be pretty or attractive.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm 163# and 5'3 in this photo. I run 3-4x and lift 2x weekly. I am actually loving how I look right now.... With clothes on. Well, without clothes too for that matter. I have worked so hard and I have seen awesome changes in the 'worst' places on my body(thighs, butt, stomach). I still want to lose about 25# but I'm really loving the gradually changes to witness my hard work in action.... Like lines on the outside of my stomach or some serious firmness in my tushy and even my thighs thinning out/ completely changing shape from running. Love yourself in all your shapes and sizes because it's amazing what you've accomplished..9avt1mwwrbkd.jpg

I don't comment on forums much (I do read many for entertainment value though), but you are stunningly beautiful! Just thought you should know :)

She is, isn't she? That's actually how I look at my ideal weight in my mind.
  • Eudoxy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm psyched big butts are in, I wish it was that way when I was in high school. Now I've got all the kids asking me how to get their butts bigger! Lmao

It sounds like you've got the body type that you like, so it's all good. Your goal of getting down to about 130 sounds fine, but either way, if your happy with yourself and healthy that's what matters. Good job so far!

Eta- you might not lose anymore in your boobs, there's fat and there's breast tissue.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    To add some more perspective:

Anna Mears is 5' 5" and weighs 160 lbs. Multiple track cycling Olympic gold medalist and world champion. She can kick your *kitten*.

Meares.jpg

Victoria Pendleton is also 5'5" and weighs 135 lbs. Multiple track cycling Olympic gold medalist and world champion. She can kick your *kitten*.

320px-Victoria_Pendleton.jpg

These two women were the best of the best in the world (both retired now), both had similar body fat %.

Yet one weighs 25 lbs more than the other and has a big rear end.

The difference?

Genetics. Something you have too, which makes you unique and unable to turn your body into a specific thing. You can't follow trends like this. You just get what you have been given.

I'm not sure it makes sense to compare the average person to an Olympic level athlete. BMI is wrong for outliers. I would say Anna is very good example of an outlier. Most people aren't outliers, no matter how much they wish they were.

• KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @Kettle_Belle14 and @amusedmonkey I don't comment much on forums either.....but my goodness, thank you!! I am still in the overweight category with a bmi of 28.9 and I have no idea of my body fat. I've never had it measured, thinking about it now I think I would like to just to see. I have never in my life felt so shapely nor healthy. I still have my goal set to be at a healthy bmi but I'm not killing myself to get there. Thank you for all the love...maybe I should comment more often I've gotten such a confidence booster today!! ;)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options

She is, isn't she? That's actually how I look at my ideal weight in my mind.

Yes, agreed! And an equally lovely outlook. Thanks for posting, dyemysoul.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hm....thick and curvy. When I hear those words, I think of Celeste Bonin, aka WWE's former diva Kaitlyn:

article-2236188-1626772A000005DC-108_306x423.jpg

I agree with what other posters said. Major kudos to being confident in your skin. But at the same time, following trends for what body type 'is in' is not a good idea.
    I remember back in the 70s, and again in the 90s, the look was to be nearly emaciated.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you look good and feel good and are healthy at that weight stay there. You are more than a number on a scale.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    Hm....thick and curvy. When I hear those words, I think of Celeste Bonin, aka WWE's former diva Kaitlyn:

article-2236188-1626772A000005DC-108_306x423.jpg

I agree with what other posters said. Major kudos to being confident in your skin. But at the same time, following trends for what body type 'is in' is not a good idea.
    I remember back in the 70s, and again in the 90s, the look was to be nearly emaciated.

All I see in that pic is fake boobs and zero curves...

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I rather be natural, work at
    savemama wrote: »
    Here's the sad sad truth- where you store fat is pretty genetically determined. You're not going to get your body to do something like- big boobs, small waist- unless it wants to (or you have surgery).

That said, as a decently curvy girl myself- I have had amazing results heavy lifting. Toned abs and a lifted and round butt. Cardio strips me of my curves- but when I eat my protein and lift heavy- I keep them ;) the boobs still do what they want though.

So who should you look at to determine that? Mom?

i was just reading about this - could be anyone but maybe a bit more paternal grandmother, because the X chromosome we get from our moms is mixed with a bunch of stuff, while the one we get from dads is straight from their moms.

(facially i'm the spit of my mom, but my height, hands, feet, and shoulders seem to be more from my dad's side, more like his sister, I never met my paternal grandmother.)
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    i was just reading about this - could be anyone but maybe a bit more paternal grandmother, because the X chromosome we get from our moms is mixed with a bunch of stuff, while the one we get from dads is straight from their moms.

(facially i'm the spit of my mom, but my height, hands, feet, and shoulders seem to be more from my dad's side, more like his sister, I never met my paternal grandmother.)

lvuop67mvwzu.png
    1.png 369.9K