Luuuuuuulz
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Check out the graphs in this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1318741/in-5-weeks-youll-lose-10lbs-why-is-it-not-working#latest

I'm thinking you got 1200 because you said you want to lose 2lbs a week. (Hey, it lets you pick that so why not?)

You are not big, you do not have a lot of weight to lose, so IMO, 20 pounds by July is just asking for trouble. I do not think it's a healthy goal for you.

Like others have recommended... extend the timeframe of your goal, start building muscle, and continue to work on those lifestyle tweaks.
  • dstein46
    dstein46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lost 11lbs in the first 8 weeks, I was also exercising and not eating back those calories, most days I worked off about 300 calories. I wasn't super heavy, started at 152 and now down to 141. Losing the last 10 is going to be a bit more difficult but I hope to be down to 130 by mid June. It's going to take a lot of work! I am thinking about upping my intake to 1300-1400 because I just get hungry!!
    ynarmous wrote: »
    dstein46 wrote: »
    I am 5'6" and also doing 1200 cals a day, have been doing it for the past 2 weeks, and before that I was doing 1000cals a day. I am much happier on 1200 calories a day and I also exercise 5-6 times a week. Losing that last bit of weight is hard but keep going because your doing great!!

Wow. I cant go that low. I usually go a little above 1200cals... DO you mind me asking how much have you lost already? Thank you for your
    reply btw. :)

• amalouhinda
    Options
    Hi there! Actually 1200/day is not very hard to follow... I started it 2 months ago and I feel fine! I eat only whole foods, lean protein, good fats and once in a while I have a cheat meal. I also train 3 to 5 times a week with 3 high intensity workout. I'm 5"10 and 171lbs (I was 187lbs when I started). I am a student, so my life is not that busy :smiley: I've got a lot of time to cook and train as much as I can. It really depends on your metabolism, feel free try it and if you feel like your are going to jump into your fridge like crazy, adjust your diet accordingly :smiley: Best thing that I've learned is that you have to listen your body, that seems odd but it is true. I always tell to myself that I am not on a diet as I eat all I want, I just eat healthy and stay positive :) good luck !!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Actually 1200/day is not very hard to follow... I started it 2 months ago and I feel fine! I eat only whole foods, lean protein, good fats and once in a while I have a cheat meal. I also train 3 to 5 times a week with 3 high intensity workout. I'm 5"10 and 171lbs (I was 187lbs when I started). I am a student, so my life is not that busy :smiley: I've got a lot of time to cook and train as much as I can. It really depends on your metabolism, feel free try it and if you feel like your are going to jump into your fridge like crazy, adjust your diet accordingly :smiley: Best thing that I've learned is that you have to listen your body, that seems odd but it is true. I always tell to myself that I am not on a diet as I eat all I want, I just eat healthy and stay positive :) good luck !!!

Overreaching blanket statement is overreaching...

...and blanket...ty.

Is blankety.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't understand why everyone thinks you will die eating at 1200cals. If you prefer to eat at 1400cals or whatever that's fine, but a lot of us have done it at 1200cals as well.

Do what you can!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    I don't understand why everyone thinks you will die eating at 1200cals. If you prefer to eat at 1400cals or whatever that's fine, but a lot of us have done it at 1200cals as well.

Do what you can!

May be ill-advised/suboptimal for some <> "you will die"
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Do what you can!

You probably wont die, but i'd be miserable eating only 1200 calories long term...

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Do what you can!

The main thing is that unless you're, say, a much older woman, or incredibly sedentary, there's really no need to restrict your calories that much in order to lose weight.

For instance, I'm 5'1, and I've lost 10 pounds eating between 1700-1900 calories at reasonably consistent exercise regimens.

Actually, I'll link an informative thread for those who've decided to use the MFP setting "lose 2 pounds a week" at 1200 calories:

Trog's Wisdom

Made by one Trogalicious (who I see has already posted his epic beard "No" face), a very knowledgeable user who's lost a lot of weight, and as stated previously, has an epic beard.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »

Actually, I'll link an informative thread for those who've decided to use the MFP setting "lose 2 pounds a week" at 1200 calories:

Trog's Wisdom

Made by one Trogalicious (who I see has already posted his epic beard "No" face), a very knowledgeable user who's lost a lot of weight, and as stated previously, has an epic beard.

I enjoyed this!

Still keeping my current settings (this is where you facepalm) but I did enjoy this & also learned alot about the MFP forum community's butthurt reaction to the 1200 calorie vertigo of suck.

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I lost 11lbs in the first 8 weeks, I was also exercising and not eating back those calories, most days I worked off about 300 calories. I wasn't super heavy, started at 152 and now down to 141. Losing the last 10 is going to be a bit more difficult but I hope to be down to 130 by mid June. It's going to take a lot of work! I am thinking about upping my intake to 1300-1400 because I just get hungry!!
    ynarmous wrote: »
    I am 5'6" and also doing 1200 cals a day, have been doing it for the past 2 weeks, and before that I was doing 1000cals a day. I am much happier on 1200 calories a day and I also exercise 5-6 times a week. Losing that last bit of weight is hard but keep going because your doing great!!

Wow. I cant go that low. I usually go a little above 1200cals... DO you mind me asking how much have you lost already? Thank you for your
    reply btw. :)
    You don't say...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Well.....That gives me the sadz....smh.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and mfp gave me 1200 calories, before the glitch.
    5"3 is tiny, to me anyway. So 1200 calories a day wouldn't be unheard of...
    Having said that, if you can avoid eating that low definitely do so!

It wouldn't be unheard of, by my wife is 5'3" and gets more than 1200 calories at 35yrs old.
  • ynarmous
    ynarmous Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    well it depends on what you can. i eat 1500cals a day now, but i exercise i do insanity for 40 mins and running for 30mins to 60 mins and do some strengthening, my workouts rotates with those. so that makes me burn 300-500cals which makes me go back to 1200cals/day. plus i really eat alot on breakfast (grains,carbs and protein) i also add bananas. i eat average for lunch. and for dinner sometimes i just have fruit. i eliminated colas and other drinks and only drink it occassionally. so that helps alot in conserving the calories i eat. but because i really love food i workout almost everyday.
  • shannonmaines
    shannonmaines Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Linda73c wrote: »
    @shannonmaines Don’t worry about what others say. I like the fact that you contributed. Some people are just ignorant!

Thanks @Linda73c ! I guess I missed the rule where my 1st post couldn't be a topic-related response to a question that the OP was asking :wink:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd eat at the 1500.