Detox tea - flat stomach HELP

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LSNC81 wrote: »
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Again: LAXATIVES

And? So what if there is.. eating too much liquorice or gum is a laxative

And those don't work for weight loss either.

Why pay money to speed up something your body will do anyway and that isn't associated with actually losing real weight?

I'm not trying to lose weight I'm trying to reduce bloating

Laxatives, especially stimulant laxatives, typically cause bloating and cramping (before all the explosive diarrhea). Not what you want more of, right?
  • pittsburgh412
    pittsburgh412 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Haha so did it work for you ?

I'm just waiting for it to be delivered..but I'll let you know :)

Which one did you go with ?
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

If you want to loose fat on your belly, increase your muscle mass on your legs and abdomen and please do not take alcohol while you are trying to loose the fat, because it prevents the fatty tissue to be metabolized correctly, it also increases insulin sensitivity increasing the chances of growing the fatty tissue.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I'm just waiting for it to be delivered..but I'll let you know :)

Which one did you go with ?

Lord.

OP, best of luck.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options

Why pay money to speed up something your body will do anyway and that isn't associated with actually losing real weight?

Laxatives tend to cause bloating.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    DrHDLM wrote: »
    There is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

If you want to loose fat on your belly, increase your muscle mass on your legs and abdomen and please do not take alcohol while you are trying to loose the fat, because it prevents the fatty tissue to be metabolized correctly, it also increases insulin sensitivity increasing the chances of growing the fatty tissue.

No. It's just green tea. Why would you want to have caffeine before bed?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

Cite your sources because this sounds like a big pile of snake oil mixed with horse dung.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Give it a solid try. If your gut bacteria is off it may cause issues with digestion and gas. Do a full 4 week round of probiotics to give your good bacteria time to grow and thrive.

Of this dosnt work or at least make things less of an issue, I would look into the types of food you are eating and find out if you do have a sensitivity to any of them.

Milk/dairy is a common one that causes large amounts of gas. I believe it is the milk sugar for most people or lactose that does this. For me it is the actual milk protein, bit I love dairy soo much that I deal with the digestive issues. Probiotics and gas pills are my friends!
  • pittsburgh412
    Options

Laxatives, especially stimulant laxatives, typically cause bloating and cramping (before all the explosive diarrhea). Not what you want more of, right?

Right hAha
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated (say no to sweetened drinks). Eat early and often (to avoid overeating) low fat, moderate fiber. Watch out for sodium. And run, bike, or swim.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

No offense for real but someone who has DR (if this stands for Doctor in this instance) in their username should really know how to spell the word lose. I'm not saying this to attack you just simply stating and pointing it out for OP .
  • DrHDLM
    Options

Cite your sources because this sounds like a big pile of snake oil mixed with horse dung.

https://www.ted.com/talks/william_li?language=en

It's the same principle, check it out. It works!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

No offense for real but someone who has DR (if this stands for Doctor in this instance) in their username should really know how to spell the word lose. I'm not saying this to attack you just simply stating and pointing it out for OP .
    You'd think.
  • DrHDLM
    Options

No. It's just green tea. Why would you want to have caffeine before bed?

The amount of caffeine is low, increases your heart rate, your body temp and the lost of calories while you sleep.
  • pittsburgh412
    Options

Okay everyone, away from talking about the tea (which I know that's what my original post was about because I was under the impression that it got rid of bloating) then what are other options to reduce it
  • chivalryder
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

A doctor is the last person I would trust for nutritional advice.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

Then there were the later stages and the washroom.. Oh God, the washroom!

If you like your rectum, I wouldn't do a cleanse.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

I seriously suggest you don't do one either.

Love the copy paste

You must be fun at parties. :)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Detox teas are a scam. Is what you are seeing just a volume of food in your stomach, making your belly stick out? Do you have any underlying digestive issues that would cause increased bloating? Food allergies? These are thing I would look at before I wasted money on diuretics and laxatives. Actually I wouldn't buy those at all.

I have been reading about gluten sensitivity and I do have a few of the symptoms. Not sure if it could be the cause or not. I'm not really sure but I just want it to go away ! Haha

As another person said, unless you actually have celiac disease gluten sensitivity is a load of crap. I actually read an article that about 40% of people who DO NOT have celiac disease become overweight or obese within 8 months of following a gluten free diet due to the replacement ingredients in gluten free foods (IE higher carb and grams of fat and sugar in these foods). Your body will naturally bloat a bit when you eat products that contain gluten, but if you were in a position where you needed to be gluten free it would not just be some bloating.

Also - I have a few of the symptoms of about 50 diseases out there, doesn't mean I have any of them. The human body is a complex thing and things will happen that are out of the ordinary. It's when they keep happening that they are an issue.

Good luck and don't buy detox or cleanse anything . . . total waste of money!
  • chivalryder
    Options

Okay everyone, away from talking about the tea (which I know that's what my original post was about because I was under the impression that it got rid of bloating) then what are other options to reduce it

What you eat and how much you eat. I personally feel that eating a lot of simple carbs (bread, rice, etc.), especially in large quantities, cause me to bloat.

However, it could simply be your stomach expanding from the actual volume of food you are eating. Perhaps try eating smaller quantities more frequently?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    But nobody said they was using it for weight loss?

Well, keeping in mind that regular use of laxatives can be harmful to health and is associated with eating disorders, what are you using it for?