• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    LSNC81 wrote: »
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Again: LAXATIVES

And? So what if there is.. eating too much liquorice or gum is a laxative

Because all you are losing is water and waste products... not actual fat. When you eat or drink anything those pounds that were magically lost suddenly reappear.

The op isn't worried about fat. Her stomach is fine before eating in the morning and bloats as she eats. This is a water, gas, food volume issue.

The only reason I wouldn't suggest the detox/ex lax teas is if taken regularly they will cause the inability to use the bathroom without them.

Is it bloating or is it poor muscle tone and gravity is taking over? If it is bloating, you would also have digestive issues like excessive burping or flatulence. I would start with exercises that strengthen the core muscles and practice engaging your core all of the time. If you are having other digestive issues, then look into possible food problems.

I'm going to have to start going with this idea.

Maybe your problem is not food related at all. Perhaps you aren't having an actual bloating problem and your digestive system is just fine. You seem perfectly healthy, so...

Do you strength train? If not, then your abs may still be weak and unable to maintain a flat stomach, so when you eat food, gravity takes over and causes your stomach to bulge.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Because all you are losing is water and waste products... not actual fat. When you eat or drink anything those pounds that were magically lost suddenly reappear.

The op isn't worried about fat. Her stomach is fine before eating in the morning and bloats as she eats. This is a water, gas, food volume issue.

The only reason I wouldn't suggest the detox/ex lax teas is if taken regularly they will cause the inability to use the bathroom without them.

Is it bloating or is it poor muscle tone and gravity is taking over? If it is bloating, you would also have digestive issues like excessive burping or flatulence. I would start with exercises that strengthen the core muscles and practice engaging your core all of the time. If you are having other digestive issues, then look into possible food problems.

Maybe your problem is not food related at all. Perhaps you aren't having an actual bloating problem and your digestive system is just fine. You seem perfectly healthy, so...

Do you strength train? If not, then your abs may still be weak and unable to maintain a flat stomach, so when you eat food, gravity takes over and causes your stomach to bulge.

I can see this as a good possibility too.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Sometimes the most obvious solution is the last thing we look at.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Sometimes the most obvious solution is the last thing we look at.
    Yep, might be the actual thing. Something I need to do myself.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    DrHDLM wrote: »
    There is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

If you want to loose fat on your belly, increase your muscle mass on your legs and abdomen and please do not take alcohol while you are trying to loose the fat, because it prevents the fatty tissue to be metabolized correctly, it also increases insulin sensitivity increasing the chances of growing the fatty tissue.

197.gif
  • pittsburgh412
    pittsburgh412 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I do strength train , I know a lot of people take a day for abs but I don't ! Maybe I should start haha, I just never did because I just don't care to have crazy abs just a flat stomach but if it will help then maybe I should start
  • earlnabby
    edited April 2015
    Options

It is also very common in women who have had children (especially more than one). The muscles and tendons have been stretched and it is harder to get them back into their original shape. That is why most women look bigger with each successive child, even if they gain the same amount of weight. The elasticity is just looser.

• pittsburgh412
    Options
    Try the probiotics for a month and see if they help. If not look into possible food specific issues. Do you maybe get to much fiber? Are you more or less boated the days you eat eggs or oatmeal.......and so on.

Usually. Ore bloated on the oatmeal days haha
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Okay everyone, away from talking about the tea (which I know that's what my original post was about because I was under the impression that it got rid of bloating) then what are other options to reduce it

Is the bloating coming from gas after you eat, or is your stomach just not tight? I'm confused now after all that's gone on in the thread.

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

I do strength train , I know a lot of people take a day for abs but I don't ! Maybe I should start haha, I just never did because I just don't care to have crazy abs just a flat stomach but if it will help then maybe I should start

No harm, no foul. It is the hardest, yet most important part of the both to build strength.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

^This. Or at least accompanying pain with the bloating. Digestive issues are usually quite uncomfortable.

• pittsburgh412
    Options

It is also very common in women who have had children (especially more than one). The muscles and tendons have been stretched and it is harder to get them back into their original shape. That is why most women look bigger with each successive child, even if they gain the same amount of weight. The elasticity is just looser.

No kids for this girl ! Haha I'm only 18 which is also why I'm really unaware of some of these things
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    DrHDLM wrote: »
    There is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

If you want to loose fat on your belly, increase your muscle mass on your legs and abdomen and please do not take alcohol while you are trying to loose the fat, because it prevents the fatty tissue to be metabolized correctly, it also increases insulin sensitivity increasing the chances of growing the fatty tissue.

You're just spreading bad information all over this board. This is not the first horrible post I've seen from you.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

No harm, no foul. It is the hardest, yet most important part of the both to build strength.

I hate a day dedicated to core, so I do one core workout at the beginning or end of all my lifting days and focus on using my core to stabilize through all my lifts no matter how isolated they are.

Just another way to get in your core work without hating an entire workout.
  • pittsburgh412
    Options
    xesixb wrote: »
    Why don't you use epsom salt? I am heavily constipated most of the time, even though I eat soups and greens. I take them once a month (mostly when I really need it) and drink lots of water during the day to stay hydrated. I tend feel like crap after taking it, but after flushing all leftovers that should have been flushed daily, I feel so much better and full of energy. Yeah, you'll see a decrease in your weight, but it's not a decrease in fat.
    When it comes to the teas, I personally dislike them. They seem to work them in the beginning, but then they stop and just give you tummy pains and make you bloated. Bad, bad, bad laxatives.

Thanks for the info !
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

Then there were the later stages and the washroom.. Oh God, the washroom!

If you like your rectum, I wouldn't do a cleanse.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

I seriously suggest you don't do one either.
    That was beautiful.
    citizen_kane_clap.gif
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm a person that usually finds the simplest explanation is the right one. I, too, wake up in the morning "skinny" and by the end of the day, my belly has "fullness" (I suppose one could use the word "bloat") to it. Happens every single day.

I figure, it's food, drink, poop, etc. (especially believable, as one good bathroom trip "solves" the problem, aha!). Doesn't bother me, as it seems to be the normal human fluctuation. Perhaps it's all in the perspective/attitude we have.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I feel you there. Whenever I eat or drink ANYTHING, I bloat. I have fallen for all the fad and magically "solutions" that are out there, detox tea being one of them. I can say that it definitely does not work and I am just glad that I didn't experience any nasty side effects. Right now, I am focusing portion control, quality of food intake, and flushing my system constantly with water :)
  • earlnabby
    Options

No kids for this girl ! Haha I'm only 18 which is also why I'm really unaware of some of these things

AHA!!! That explains a few things. I have 40 years on you and gravity has definitely had an effect so I am very aware of it.

Start with the obvious (strengthen your core, pay attention to what your digestive system is doing when you eat certain foods, etc) and go from there if those don't give you a solution.

• pittsburgh412
    Options

I hate a day dedicated to core, so I do one core workout at the beginning or end of all my lifting days and focus on using my core to stabilize through all my lifts no matter how isolated they are.

Just another way to get in your core work without hating an entire workout.

What kind of workouts would be good