Anyone doing Insanity?

Options
I am currently doing Insanity and I love it. I would like to find some people who are also doing it and hear what is working for them.

Replies

• Porter1008
    Options
    Will start it tommorrow
  • Peggy69
    Peggy69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 (tomorrow). Take between one and two days' rest per week (because of life happening). Did Plyometric Cardio Circuit last night, and it's my least favourite of the first month's dvds. How far along are you hnovak0103?
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    three rounds here! starting Asylum next week!
  • hnovak0103
    hnovak0103 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Starting again on Monday! I completed it years ago but I've gained all the weight back and then some since then. Now that I'm nearing my goal weight, I'm hoping this gives me the push I need to get ready for my vacation in sept!
    That's great! I started Insanity to get ready for a beach vacation myself! I lost a bunch of weight the first two weeks..it was super exciting ;)
  • hnovak0103
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    three rounds here! starting Asylum next week!

I think I want to do that program next. I will be interested in hearing how you like it.
  • hnovak0103
    Options
    Peggy69 wrote: »
    I'm on Day 8 (tomorrow). Take between one and two days' rest per week (because of life happening). Did Plyometric Cardio Circuit last night, and it's my least favourite of the first month's dvds. How far along are you hnovak0103?

I am starting the 2nd week of the 2nd month. I skipped ahead and started the second month early because my body got used to the first month after 3 weeks. I have noticed myself being more fatigued this month so I am thinking of adding some calories. I am a bit scared to because my weight loss has been good so far. I can relate to taking some days off because of life. I have 3 kids and they keep me busy. I do my workout after they go to bed ;)
  • tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am going to start again tomorrow. I'm already afraid lol last time it was SO hard that I quit almost instantly. Hoping this time I can power through...
  • hnovak0103
    Options
    tazduffy wrote: »
    I am going to start again tomorrow. I'm already afraid lol last time it was SO hard that I quit almost instantly. Hoping this time I can power through...

I think it's hard for everyone at first. Hang in there! It will be worth it!!
  • eek2005
    eek2005 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought it two years ago and kept up with it the first two months on a daily basis. I lost ten pounds when I did it, just got burnt out on it. I'm seriously considering doing a mix of it, Tae Bo, and walking our dogs. I need to get back on track; it's just the motivation part that's hard for me right now. Good luck!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Loved Insanity and had great results! Doing Insanity Max now :)
  • hnovak0103
    Options
    eek2005 wrote: »
    I bought it two years ago and kept up with it the first two months on a daily basis. I lost ten pounds when I did it, just got burnt out on it. I'm seriously considering doing a mix of it, Tae Bo, and walking our dogs. I need to get back on track; it's just the motivation part that's hard for me right now. Good luck!

A mix would be nice :). I know it's hard to motivate and if it weren't for a vacation I'm going on I don't know if I would have tried it. My friend told me that I could stream the videos instead of buying them so that made it easy for me to afford. I am sure you will find the motivation when you are ready ;) Thanks and good luck to you too!
  • hnovak0103
    Options
    Loved Insanity and had great results! Doing Insanity Max now :)

Is there a reason that you picked Insanity Max and not Asylum??
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried insanity about a year ago, only because it was all the buzz at work. I lost about 8lbs real quick, but ended up stopping because I was in so much pain. I didn't listen to Shawn T when he said "it's not for everybody", lol. I might try it again, when I know my body can handle it. Great workout though.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting on the 20th (when my gym membership runs out)

I did one round 2 years ago, loved it and the results... sadly I'm back to where I was before I started. Would love to start a group with some ppl looking for motivation.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105114-insanity-spring-2015-challenge I decided to start a group.... hopefully it wont be just me :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    banged out shoulders this morning! Monday i'll start "Insanity: the Asylum"!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 1 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Speed & Agility"=Done! well...that was ugly. tripped over the ladder 3 times. oh...and eff that jump rope. :)
  • callie252
    callie252 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between the insanities? A friend of mine let me borrow her max 30 and I was done within the first 3 minutes of working out. It was too intense for me. Especially just starting to work out again. Are there easier versions? I been thinking of getting the T25.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I haven't tried MAX: 30., but NONE of them are easy. the original is intervals...brutal. asylum (so far) is like that, but you also use equipment, pull up bar, agility ladder, weights, bands. I hear T25 is lower impact, but still not "easy".
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity right now and I love it. It's a perfect balance between warm-up, stretch, work-out, and cool down.

The Max 30 seems more advanced than regular Insanity as you push yourself harder and Insanity Asylum is a shorter program but also seems more advanced.

This is what I researched but would appreciate if someone can verify the difference:

Insanity: 45 minutes/day for 63 days (no equipment)
    Insanity Max30: 30 minutes/day for 60 days (No Equipment)
    Insanity Asylum: 45 minutes/day for 30 days (with equipment)