• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Daiako wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    If you are concerned about losing volume in your breasts, don't go under 140. I am 5'3" and went from 190 to 120 (over the course of a few years). I literally had skin bags which is NOT attractive. I resorted to. . . ahem. . . artificial volume to correct the problem. Having surgery is not much fun and nothing beats real ones!

On the other hand, I'm 5'4" and went from 170 to 122-123 and mine are fine. Proportionately they're bigger than they were before-- I went from a 36C to a 32D.

It's going to vary from person to person based on a lot of factors (mostly genetics).

Well you still lose a cup size.

I lost 80 pounds, I'm 5'5" and 132 pounds and I'm in 34D (or 36C). I was in 36 DD before. We're just pretty busty in my family.

For what it's worth, I shake my head at those huge artificial bums, personally. And yes I do judge the persons who do it as 'trash'.

Realistically someone probably feels the same way about something you do.

Personally I'm not bothered by such things but large butts are my aesthetic preference. I spend actual hours in the gym striving for a bigger backside even tho mine is already large. I'm sure someone thinks that makes me trashy but I probably don't much care for their aesthetic either.

My issue is people spending money to make it big enough to look like a cartoon character. Not with people with a naturally larger butt (even if they go to the gym to make it bigger - it still won't look as huge as the pictures above).

I think taking issue with how people spend their money or what others find to be asthetically pleasing is pretty silly, tbh. It is interesting tho, If I dedicate my life to a bigger butt than nature gave me it's fine (even tho even now my proportions are such that theres a 12 inch difference between waist and largest part of my butt which isn't that far off from those paid for ones. Amber Rose for example is 27-41, vs my 27-39) but if I buy a butt bigger than nature gave me it's trashy based off the totally subjective opinion of what's achievable. (That 2 inches makes all the difference I guess)

I mean you're entitled to think something is trash. Undoubtedly there is someone who holds the same opinion about something you do.

personally, i don't care what ordinary civilians do, i don't think the bodies discussed look "trashy", and i have no issue with surgery per se.

i do think though that what famous people do to their bodies matters more, inasmuch as they might set up unrealistic expectations. like OP is trying to work out her dietary and personal body and fitness goals according to an aesthetic that was achieved with money, so that's just going to set her up for frustration if she's not going to be doing surgery (most likely - some women do have naturally big bums, obviously, or the genetic potential to build them up without surgery).

If people want to look at women who are known to have had surgery and still hold that as their aesthetic goal then nothing anyone says here is going to help them. And, honestly, delusions about bodies come not just from famous people: people think that they can shrink wrap, tea drink, andnciffee enema their way to thinness so at least trying to emulate Amber Rose or Kim K will get you in a gym.

true about diet fads. is the AR/KK look getting people to the gym? i'm thinking maybe the waist training fad is related to it...

agree about any individual's personal issues, but on the other hand, there have been studies that have shown that women tested worse on self-esteem measures after being exposed to images in women's beauty magazines. media matters a lot in terms of setting up cultural norms.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    LilLuLu4....you are officially my inspiration! You look wonderful, and your fitness stats are outstanding!!

To OP: I'm 5'3" and hanging right around 140-142 and pretty satisfied with myself proportionally. There are a couple full pics in my profile if you'd like to look. I lost most of my boobs as well. I was sad at first, but actually things are working out proportionally. I still have hips and a butt. You body is going to settle into it's natural state. Sure, I'd like to lose another 5 or so lbs. but honestly, I know it's not really going to make that much difference.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    If you are concerned about losing volume in your breasts, don't go under 140. I am 5'3" and went from 190 to 120 (over the course of a few years). I literally had skin bags which is NOT attractive. I resorted to. . . ahem. . . artificial volume to correct the problem. Having surgery is not much fun and nothing beats real ones!

On the other hand, I'm 5'4" and went from 170 to 122-123 and mine are fine. Proportionately they're bigger than they were before-- I went from a 36C to a 32D.

It's going to vary from person to person based on a lot of factors (mostly genetics).

I lost 80 pounds, I'm 5'5" and 132 pounds and I'm in 34D (or 36C). I was in 36 DD before. We're just pretty busty in my family.

For what it's worth, I shake my head at those huge artificial bums, personally. And yes I do judge the persons who do it as 'trash'.

Personally I'm not bothered by such things but large butts are my aesthetic preference. I spend actual hours in the gym striving for a bigger backside even tho mine is already large. I'm sure someone thinks that makes me trashy but I probably don't much care for their aesthetic either.

My issue is people spending money to make it big enough to look like a cartoon character. Not with people with a naturally larger butt (even if they go to the gym to make it bigger - it still won't look as huge as the pictures above).

I think taking issue with how people spend their money or what others find to be asthetically pleasing is pretty silly, tbh. It is interesting tho, If I dedicate my life to a bigger butt than nature gave me it's fine (even tho even now my proportions are such that theres a 12 inch difference between waist and largest part of my butt which isn't that far off from those paid for ones. Amber Rose for example is 27-41, vs my 27-39) but if I buy a butt bigger than nature gave me it's trashy based off the totally subjective opinion of what's achievable. (That 2 inches makes all the difference I guess)

I mean you're entitled to think something is trash. Undoubtedly there is someone who holds the same opinion about something you do.

To everything Daiako has said so far in this thread...

tumblr_lr6uiqel0X1r2hybuo1_400.gif

+1

I'll be here all day, repping big booties and supporting a woman's right to spend her money on her body as she sees fit!!!

well not all day. I gotta go jog and maybe do some resistance band stuff. You know. One does not catch up to Amber Rose by playing on the internet all day.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member

personally, i don't care what ordinary civilians do, i don't think the bodies discussed look "trashy", and i have no issue with surgery per se.

i do think though that what famous people do to their bodies matters more, inasmuch as they might set up unrealistic expectations. like OP is trying to work out her dietary and personal body and fitness goals according to an aesthetic that was achieved with money, so that's just going to set her up for frustration if she's not going to be doing surgery (most likely - some women do have naturally big bums, obviously, or the genetic potential to build them up without surgery).

If people want to look at women who are known to have had surgery and still hold that as their aesthetic goal then nothing anyone says here is going to help them. And, honestly, delusions about bodies come not just from famous people: people think that they can shrink wrap, tea drink, and coffee enema their way to thinness so at least trying to emulate Amber Rose or Kim K will get you in a gym.

This. Focusing on aesthetics is tricky because body types and heights make dimensions look very different on different people. But w/e. From what I have seen on this site there a lot of people with unrealistic goals, this is just a particularly polarizing one.

Lulu you look great. I also love your hair. I chopped mine off last year and it just won't grow, maybe one day.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Although the only extent to which I think what celebrities do to their bodies matters is the impact they have on younger women when they lie about getting work done.
  • LilLuLu4
    LilLuLu4 Posts: 29 Member
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    I'm 5'6" and 159 lbs. (considered overweight on the BMI scale). I go to the gym 6 days a week. I can run a 7:30 mile. I run 2-5 miles (8 min pace) about 4 days a week. I lift heavy things 4 times a week. My blood pressure is low and I'm completely healthy. So the BMI chart can kiss my a**. If a doctor examines me and takes note of my excellent stats and observes my fitness level and still tells me I need to lose 5 lbs. to get to "normal" BMI in order to consider me healthy...I'm finding a new doc.
    q21lmzafzvth.jpg

You look great!!!

Goodness... I'm working up my speed with running. A 7:30 mile? You're fast! When I run for speed, I've done a mile in just under 8:30 and I felt like I was running like a cheetah! Go you!

When I run distance... I average just under a 10 minute mile. :neutral: Working on improving that!
    LilLuLu4....you are officially my inspiration! You look wonderful, and your fitness stats are outstanding!!

To OP: I'm 5'3" and hanging right around 140-142 and pretty satisfied with myself proportionally. There are a couple full pics in my profile if you'd like to look. I lost most of my boobs as well. I was sad at first, but actually things are working out proportionally. I still have hips and a butt. You body is going to settle into it's natural state. Sure, I'd like to lose another 5 or so lbs. but honestly, I know it's not really going to make that much difference.

Thanks guys! I've always been a runner and being "overweight" doesn't slow me down one bit, nor does it make me "unhealthy". I think people should focus more on fitness and the body will adjust as needed. But I don't think "normal" on the BMI scale is the holy grail of fitness and beauty. Thanks for the compliments!
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    You find the weight you feel comfortable and healthy at and stay there. Don't worry about what body type is currently in. Since that changes from year to year, what people like now, they won't next year. You can't live your life trying to conform to what 'society' thinks is hot. You are given the shape you have through genetics and can work to tone up and build a little muscle definition but that's it. Unless surgery is an option for you. Focus on health and how you feel. That's what's important.

Also, please do some research and speak with your doctor about waist training. It can cause some serious health issues, it restricts your breathing as well. That can be dangerous if you are wearing it during exercise. These celebrities who think this is the latest, greatest thing are also working out with trainers and have chefs to prepare their meals. Try yoga or pilates and lifting weights to 'waist train' and also eat properly, fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains. The better the fuel that goes in, the better your body will feel. Good luck!
  • Daiako

If people want to look at women who are known to have had surgery and still hold that as their aesthetic goal then nothing anyone says here is going to help them. And, honestly, delusions about bodies come not just from famous people: people think that they can shrink wrap, tea drink, andnciffee enema their way to thinness so at least trying to emulate Amber Rose or Kim K will get you in a gym.

true about diet fads. is the AR/KK look getting people to the gym? i'm thinking maybe the waist training fad is related to it...

agree about any individual's personal issues, but on the other hand, there have been studies that have shown that women tested worse on self-esteem measures after being exposed to images in women's beauty magazines. media matters a lot in terms of setting up cultural norms.

It gets me in the gym so why not other women; I live me some big booty inspo. Waist training/the desire for a smaller waist has been around far longer that KK or AR so I wouldn't be too quick to give them credit for that.

And none of those women control the media nor should they be expected to alter their lives because some women let their self worth drop or want to aspire to that which they cannot achieve. That ish is called self esteem not "Pretty people make me sad esteem". I am never going to look like Kate Upton but I'm not letting that impact myself worth.
  • Daiako
    Although the only extent to which I think what celebrities do to their bodies matters is the impact they have on younger women when they lie about getting work done.

This is true. Every time KimK says her butt is real I weep a little inside. It isn't the size that's the issue, its that her thighs don't match. You don't get a booty like that without thighs to match, that just isn't how the human body is built.

I say just come clean. If every soccer mom in California can admit to a boob job these ladies can admit to butt enhancement.

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member

It gets me in the gym so why not other women; I live me some big booty inspo. Waist training/the desire for a smaller waist has been around far longer that KK or AR so I wouldn't be too quick to give them credit for that.

And none of those women control the media nor should they be expected to alter their lives because some women let their self worth drop or want to aspire to that which they cannot achieve. That ish is called self esteem not "Pretty people make me sad esteem". I am never going to look like Kate Upton but I'm not letting that impact myself worth.

I agree with a lot of what you've said, but being a style icon for young girls is what KK is about. And she heavily promotes waist training.
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    @ Somegirls:
    I am 5 foot even and weigh 165. You don't look like you weigh 160 lbs. Wish I looked as good as you! :) You look amazing! I hate my stomach. Wish I knew more exercises to work the abdominal muscles!

I'm just under 5'3" and will be more than happy if I stay at my current weight of 160-ish lbs. :)
    Since everyone else is sharing pics, here's what that looks like from both the front and the side!
    5unkggmt3y0h.jpg
    nfvc7o3zxboy.jpg

• tomatoey

i feel that *all* people participating in media - creating representations or living them - do have some kind of responsibility, because they have a huge impact on how people feel about themselves. like study after study shows this is the case. i'm talking about anyone who does stuff that reaches a wider public - writers, filmmakers, artists, whoever. it's true that actors and people who are famous for being famous are lower down the chain of responsibility, because they're caught up in the game. they're damned if they do and damned if they don't, in lots of ways. their (necessary) goal is to stay in it by any means necessary. (again i don't have a problem with those means per se.) so this is working for them, ok. i agree with marissafit06 that being truthful about stuff that's been done is one way to be fair about it (and you said this earlier, it's known that KK and AR have done surgery).

i will say that despite all that, it's good that different body types are seeing the light of day and being validated. i personally have a big toosh and life was way harder when a) people like christy turlington and kate moss set the standard and b) jeans had NO stretch.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Oh my I love this thread.....I am trying to study for an exam and I cannot stop reading!!

OP whatever weight is comfortable to you is what matters! I am 5'3 162 pear shape and I guess "thick". 30 1/2 in waist, 43 in hips, and I wear a 36D bra. I am told all the time I look fine and don't lose weight. Everyone tells me that. In my eyes, I'm fat. My waist needs to be smaller. I'll keep the rest as is if I could, but unfortunately I cannot spot reduce.

It's about you and your choice.
  • tomatoey
    edited April 2015

This is true. Every time KimK says her butt is real I weep a little inside. It isn't the size that's the issue, its that her thighs don't match. You don't get a booty like that without thighs to match, that just isn't how the human body is built.

I say just come clean. If every soccer mom in California can admit to a boob job these ladies can admit to butt enhancement.

yeah exactly, the thighs are part of it, no getting around it.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    [/quote]i feel that *all* people participating in media - creating representations or living them - do have some kind of responsibility, because they have a huge impact on how people feel about themselves. like study after study shows this is the case. i'm talking about anyone who does stuff that reaches a wider public - writers, filmmakers, artists, whoever. it's true that actors and people who are famous for being famous are lower down the chain of responsibility, because they're caught up in the game. they're damned if they do and damned if they don't, in lots of ways. their (necessary) goal is to stay in it by any means necessary. (again i don't have a problem with those means per se.) so this is working for them, ok. i agree with marissafit06 that being truthful about stuff that's been done is one way to be fair about it (and you said this earlier, it's known that KK and AR have done surgery).

i will say that despite all that, it's good that different body types are seeing the light of day and being validated. i personally have a big toosh and life was way harder when a) people like christy turlington and kate moss set the standard and b) jeans had NO stretch. [/quote]

Truth.
    When you keep seeing super skinny girls always getting praised, idc what anyone says esp for younger girls you believe that's the only way to be attractive- not true.
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    If you are healthy and satisfied with how you look, then go for it.

I agree
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    edited April 2015
    This thread was incredibly amusing....

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

Thanks for your constructive criticism what helpful advice. :)
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    anytime OP. ANYtime.
  • Daiako

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.