The "Food Babe" Blogger Is Full of Crap

Options

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Do you guys remember a thread a few months back where a woman insisted that sodium bicarbonate was a toxin because they use it in rock quarry leaching processes or something like that? That was one of my favorite all time threads...

So because they use food for non-food things it's poison?

I wonder what they think of corn ethanol?

Oh she was a peach. I can't remember what started it, I think it had something to do with KFC, she said that it was evil because they use chemicals in the chicken, and when we prompted her to name the evil chemicals she said sodium bicarbonate. You know, baking soda. She wouldn't back down though. Said she doesn't consume it. EVER.

Ahh the toxic baking soda chicken... good times.
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Read this yesterday and was actually laughing out loud. Its really funny how many "doctors and scientists" come out of the woodwork when it comes to praying on gullible minds. Don't even get me started on the anti vax movement. :(
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Oh thank you for digging that up. That was a fun one. Good times...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Do you guys remember a thread a few months back where a woman insisted that sodium bicarbonate was a toxin because they use it in rock quarry leaching processes or something like that? That was one of my favorite all time threads...

Don't persons of that way of thinking generally hate corn anyway?

It's so hard to keep track.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I am seriously craving fried chicken right now.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Depends on the moon phase.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This thread... My day has been made :)
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

That's only because the Colonel puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

That's only because the Colonel puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly.

I think I used that quote in that thread before. It was filled with comedy gold!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

That's a relief! I'm addicted and can't help gorgingmyself, it's not that I lack willpower. I have a disease dammit!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

Crack is the 11th spice...
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great, now I'm craving popcorn chicken. :p
  • opalsthird
    Options
    This is exactly why people have so much trouble managing their weight these days. There's always someone out there promoting some nonsense that has just enough truth in it to be scary. Before you know it, you don't know what to believe about food. The Food Babe is clearly not someone I want to go to for information about food. I go by one rule: if it's good, nutritious food, you can have it.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    93d544e7c51b831af919c8cc352b1209.600x.jpg
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    <3 this thread so much.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Do they? What if we call it maize. Sounds more hipster-organic if we call it maize.
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    I think she is trying to garner some extra attention today

What the actual he**??
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
  • imachias
    imachias Posts: 1
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    My favorite quote from Food Babe comes from her airplane article:

"The air you are breathing on an airplane is recycled from directly outside of your window. That means you are breathing everything that the airplanes gives off and is flying through. The air that is pumped in isn’t pure oxygen either, it’s mixed with nitrogen, sometimes almost at 50%."

Apparently she skipped 4th grade science class that taught us that air is 78% nitrogen.

She lost me when she said to sit near the front of airplane because the pilots get better air up there. Every airline pilot I've talked with says the air is the same everywhere in the airplane and as a pilot myself, I can tell you there's never been training on how to get the good air. And don't even get me started on her idiocy about pressurization.

She's spreading a lot of disinformation and unfortunately too many people are eating it up.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    imachias wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    My favorite quote from Food Babe comes from her airplane article:

"The air you are breathing on an airplane is recycled from directly outside of your window. That means you are breathing everything that the airplanes gives off and is flying through. The air that is pumped in isn’t pure oxygen either, it’s mixed with nitrogen, sometimes almost at 50%."

Apparently she skipped 4th grade science class that taught us that air is 78% nitrogen.

She lost me when she said to sit near the front of airplane because the pilots get better air up there. Every airline pilot I've talked with says the air is the same everywhere in the airplane and as a pilot myself, I can tell you there's never been training on how to get the good air. And don't even get me started on her idiocy about pressurization.

She's spreading a lot of disinformation and unfortunately too many people are eating it up.

Man. I wish I had a job where I could just make *kitten* up. Bloody scientific method!