Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

harpsdesire, I should perhaps be embarrassed to inform you of the following reality... that not only have I never seen a Dr. Who episode (am suddenly hearing imagined-in-my-mind gasps from afar), but there hadn't been any single allusion to the show (and specifically, that I had crossed paths with) which triggered my desire to watch said show, let alone resulted in my feeling practically *compelled* to do so... until now.

That day has arrived, thanks to you! :)

Alas, and as though you have somehow been a sci-fi 'matchmaker' of sorts (accidental though it may be), your mention of "weird little alien fatbabies" -- let alone, their in any way "popping out of" *anything* overnight -- was apparently the kind of fascinating whatnot (albeit a somewhat intriguingly disturbing one, at that ;), and replete with one heckuva what-might-it-look-like 'visual') that ultimately 'did the seemingly impossible'... not only did your happenstance mention of such result in my thinking something along the lines of, ~'okay, that's it -- I have *got* to see this show...', but I also 'couldn't help myself', and Googled the darn episode, along with explanatory miscellany...

...and you can only imagine my reaction to reading the following words (from the Tardis Data Core subset of the Dr. Who wiki) --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Adipose were a race of vaguely humanoid blobs of fat.

Biology :: Young Adipose were hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They had two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs. Most Adipose had what appeared to be a single tooth.

Life cycle :: The Adipose reproduced on Nursery Worlds. When on Earth, the Adipose's development was started when a pill from Adipose Industries was ingested. The young Adipose would grow, collecting fat from around the body. Every night, the Adipose would then be born and leave the body. They could convert other material into fat; however, this practice was not good for their health. Alternative materials included the bones, organs, muscles and many other human tissues. In emergencies, this was used to dispose of people by turning them completely into Adipose.

-- (my internal reaction as I read that = "...oh, my... what?!... wow... cool... what the... holy... interesting... OMG...")

...and with *that*, I was freaking *hooked* (I simply *must* see this show!)... :)

My failed attempt to 'not get sucked into' the vortex-ified 'world' of yet another sci-fi franchise has now met with its seemingly pre-destined demise... in this context, the fait accompli -esque mantra of "resistance is futile...you *will* be assimilated..." (no truer (or more freak-out-ishly creepy, monotonically uttered) words were ever spoken by the almighty Borg, of Star Trek lore) would seem to be my 'fate' (as well as that of many others), when in the 'orbit' of the 'gravitational pull' of the 'world' of Dr. Who.

(All that being said, the unexpected detour into learning of Dr. Who's Adipose beings has taken me right back to thinking about marshmallows, unfortunately... and while this could result in my having a nightmare tonight, perhaps involving a Peeps contingent commanding an army of marshmallows-the-size-of-dolls'-heads, courtesy of memory-based 'crosstalk' happening in my mind, while dreaming, that's a small price to pay for having experienced my 'watershed moment', when it comes to 'triggered onset' of Dr. Who viewing... ;) )

...but in the end, my pending addiction to Dr. Who, sparked in passing while catching up on the neverending stream of fun posts in this thread (and which include countless bits of interesting insight, helpful responses, playful banter, smile and/or laugh-inducing retorts, and confessions ranging from the utterly delightful and oh-so-comically-human -to- would-hesitate-admitting-this-to-anyone examples of bravery that are met so often with confirmation of said confession-based specific(s) being understandable, and/or that others feel, think, and/or do 'the same' thing, too), this all just goes to show... that 'going to Confession' (here, anyway :) ) can lead to all kinds of unexpectedly lifechanging moments...! :)

(Thank You!)

Welcome to the fandom ;) That is indeed the most eloquent submission to the irresistable community of Whovians I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

I have screen grabs from that Doctor Who weeping angel recording as a screen saver set to go off in intervals. So it looks like she is getting closer.

Yea I've heard about this, I think I would end up a crying mess if I saw that...

Well, it does freak me out a little bit, but in a good way. Or at least in a way that I appreciate. ;)

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

harpsdesire, I should perhaps be embarrassed to inform you of the following reality... that not only have I never seen a Dr. Who episode (am suddenly hearing imagined-in-my-mind gasps from afar), but there hadn't been any single allusion to the show (and specifically, that I had crossed paths with) which triggered my desire to watch said show, let alone resulted in my feeling practically *compelled* to do so... until now.

That day has arrived, thanks to you! :)

Alas, and as though you have somehow been a sci-fi 'matchmaker' of sorts (accidental though it may be), your mention of "weird little alien fatbabies" -- let alone, their in any way "popping out of" *anything* overnight -- was apparently the kind of fascinating whatnot (albeit a somewhat intriguingly disturbing one, at that ;), and replete with one heckuva what-might-it-look-like 'visual') that ultimately 'did the seemingly impossible'... not only did your happenstance mention of such result in my thinking something along the lines of, ~'okay, that's it -- I have *got* to see this show...', but I also 'couldn't help myself', and Googled the darn episode, along with explanatory miscellany...

...and you can only imagine my reaction to reading the following words (from the Tardis Data Core subset of the Dr. Who wiki) --
    The Adipose were a race of vaguely humanoid blobs of fat.

Biology :: Young Adipose were hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They had two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs. Most Adipose had what appeared to be a single tooth.

Life cycle :: The Adipose reproduced on Nursery Worlds. When on Earth, the Adipose's development was started when a pill from Adipose Industries was ingested. The young Adipose would grow, collecting fat from around the body. Every night, the Adipose would then be born and leave the body. They could convert other material into fat; however, this practice was not good for their health. Alternative materials included the bones, organs, muscles and many other human tissues. In emergencies, this was used to dispose of people by turning them completely into Adipose.

-- (my internal reaction as I read that = "...oh, my... what?!... wow... cool... what the... holy... interesting... OMG...")

...and with *that*, I was freaking *hooked* (I simply *must* see this show!)... :)

My failed attempt to 'not get sucked into' the vortex-ified 'world' of yet another sci-fi franchise has now met with its seemingly pre-destined demise... in this context, the fait accompli -esque mantra of "resistance is futile...you *will* be assimilated..." (no truer (or more freak-out-ishly creepy, monotonically uttered) words were ever spoken by the almighty Borg, of Star Trek lore) would seem to be my 'fate' (as well as that of many others), when in the 'orbit' of the 'gravitational pull' of the 'world' of Dr. Who.

(All that being said, the unexpected detour into learning of Dr. Who's Adipose beings has taken me right back to thinking about marshmallows, unfortunately... and while this could result in my having a nightmare tonight, perhaps involving a Peeps contingent commanding an army of marshmallows-the-size-of-dolls'-heads, courtesy of memory-based 'crosstalk' happening in my mind, while dreaming, that's a small price to pay for having experienced my 'watershed moment', when it comes to 'triggered onset' of Dr. Who viewing... ;) )

...but in the end, my pending addiction to Dr. Who, sparked in passing while catching up on the neverending stream of fun posts in this thread (and which include countless bits of interesting insight, helpful responses, playful banter, smile and/or laugh-inducing retorts, and confessions ranging from the utterly delightful and oh-so-comically-human -to- would-hesitate-admitting-this-to-anyone examples of bravery that are met so often with confirmation of said confession-based specific(s) being understandable, and/or that others feel, think, and/or do 'the same' thing, too), this all just goes to show... that 'going to Confession' (here, anyway :) ) can lead to all kinds of unexpectedly lifechanging moments...! :)

(Thank You!)

Welcome to the fandom ;) That is indeed the most eloquent submission to the irresistable community of Whovians I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

I have screen grabs from that Doctor Who weeping angel recording as a screen saver set to go off in intervals. So it looks like she is getting closer.

Yea I've heard about this, I think I would end up a crying mess if I saw that...

Well, it does freak me out a little bit, but in a good way. Or at least in a way that I appreciate. ;)

Ha ha it's funny, out of all the creatures and episodes of Dr.Who it's only the Weeping Angels that get me. And maybe the Vashta Nerada (yes, I did have to Google the spelling). Possibly because they seem reasonably plausible...
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Someone should have warned me there'd be weeping angels. *BLINKS*
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    DON'T BLINK! *Blinks* damn it's catching...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    My stars have not aligned this month.

Easter fell at the TOM, which while not an excuse to eat tons of chocolate certainly makes it more difficult. No problem, I will do some extra exercise, it will help with the chocolate whoopsies and make my cramps go away. Double win. Except I tweaked my back *while asleep* a couple of days ago. You don't mess around with back problems, so it's full rest until I feel better. There goes the extra chocolate calories. Here come the cramps. Deep joy.

In good news, TOM is done, Easter chocolate overkill wasn't actually that bad, and my back is getting better. But I've missed two swims now and I'm getting grumpy about it.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Swimming should be ok with a bad back. I thought that's why most people swim, that why I swim half the time. lol Sorry to hear about your bad month, but at least it is only a month right? It will pass and your onto the next one. :smile:
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

When I was a kid I liked my chocolate milk lumpy because I liked the taste of the wet powder chunks. Next time mix a little milk (dairy or non-dairy, what ever) with the powder and it's like a powdery chocolate paste. It's good, trust.

^^^ - don't have a confession as of yet... but when I was younger I would add dry coffee creamer to milk and drink that... (actually eat it with a spoon)...loved the texture of that for some reason. Your post reminded me of that :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

LOL. I almost spit out of my coffee. But I thought the exact same thing when I saw the thread title.

81Katz wrote: »

Thanks! I'm already at 1000 calories and it's 7.30am. And I have dinner logged at 1800, and that's only if I have a bit of everything. Going to be one of those days. My confession - despite that I'm still considering getting cake for lunch.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

@overlook237 Is it Rahab or Ruth?!

Rachel :)

Yeah, if I would have been caught up on this thread, I would have seen that.

On the name related note: My daughter's name is Rachael. We didn't spell it the "common way" because she was named after her daddy who's name is Michael. People misspell it all the time, even when they've known her her whole life. It irritates me more than I think it should.

My name is Monique and I've gotten everything from Monica (happens A LOT), to Mon-A-Que. I help answer the phones are work sometimes for customer service, and I had a customer call me Bunny once. Not sure how he got Bunny out of Monique, but whatever.

Lol, that is odd.

Sometimes on the phone at work I'll get this:

Person: Hi, who am I speaking with?
    Me: My name's Amanda
    Person: Hi Linda...

Linda? It's happened more than once so I must not be pronouncing correctly lol.

My name is Marta and I was previously called Amanda, Magda, Martyr(!!!) and the worst one Martha (bleugh!)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Are you an authorized retailer of the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM)? If not, I'll have to ask you to remit your licensing fee, retailer fee, and initial stocking fee post haste!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    How does MFP help you?

I only supply the most truest answers.
    How does MFP help you?

I only supply the most truest answers.

Your comment on that thread made me literally laugh out loud.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    Finally. Caught. Up. Onthisaweseomefreakingthread!!!! Woo! Been reading this thing forever. It's like non-stop greatness. From the humor to the motivation, and even the fights (LOL).

My confession: If I eat chips straight from a big bag, I won't count them. I know it's bad, but I usually think "I'll take just a few". But I keep coming back for more. I probably end up eating about 400 calories worth of keep-coming-back-for-more chips. I'm trying to be more conscious of that though.

I have the same problem, but have found that Triscuit Thin Crisps (plain) work to satisfy that craving. They are salty enough and have fiber! Plus the box is smaller so I don't eat too many. All the flavored varieties are crap though! Do not buy the wasabi soy!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I got behind on this thread over Easter and I just can't catch up, so sorry for ignoring comments on pages 312 - 342!

I could never catch up :(
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    .....When potatoes start to sprout I think they're super disgusting because I see those growths emerging from the flesh of people's cheeks. That kind of thing. (sorry if this doesn't make any sense or is making anyone else as uncomfortable as it makes me :P)
    [/quote]

I once read a book which detailed how a man stunned in battle was left in a pile of corpses and then the weeds started to grow through him. It left a huge impression on me and a huge dislike of potato sprouting.
  • Galligak
    Galligak Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My horrendous roommate that has been making snide comments on my trips to the gym and general healthy eating habits couldn't fit into her shorts yesterday... Needless to say I was a little smug about that. And I took her to the gym she was on the elliptical on 0 resistance, going 2mph and ended up out of breath. Once again, I was smug:wink: I know that I should feel bad and sympathetic but I'm glad that she got what was coming to her.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    This is my first post but had so many chuckles reading this thread.

My confession is I have not bought a bag of chips since Christmas but all day long I have been dreaming about going to the store and making love to a big bag of ripple chips tonight

Making love to a big bag of ripple chips? Best first post ever!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    So I never actually posted a confession, though I've replied to some posts.

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

That sounds amazeballs! My husband works from home, so he's always home.