Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.

I have a pet pig. She's a big ol' potbelly pig even though I got told she was a micro mini pig when we bought her. Anyway, if something is tempting me and I'm afraid that I can't resist, I feed it to the pig. If anyone complains I say "Pigs like (birthday cake, chips, whatever it was). You go look her in the eye and tell her she can't have a (whatever )." Lol Everyone thinks I'm nuts but... the food is gone. Problem solved!
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

I don't mind talking about it - they've seen my loss. What bugs me is when there are people I work with that yo-yo diet and when you try to educate them to help them or give them advice they look at you like you are from another planet and insist on doing their own plan. it never works. It is because of this I stopped talking about it.

Very early in this thread someone, and I wish I could remember who it was, said that when people ask them how they are losing weight they would say, 'I did it by eating pine cones'. I still randomly remember that and giggle!

That's my line! :) I cant wait to go back to see my dr so I can use it on him.

We were at a park on Easter walking a trail and got to a clearing where the ground was covered in pinecones. My husband yells "Its a smorgasbord up here! Kids, stuff your pockets full of pinecones and we won't have to buy groceries this week!" Lol

Snort! You're awesome!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    jenniator wrote: »
    Another Confession: I go to the gym 4 times a week and use the elliptical every day I go for 1 hour. When I see people that go on the elliptical, but are only able to do it for 1-5 minutes because their endurance isn't as high, it brings me incredible happiness to know that I'm finally better at something than some people and it makes me feel better about myself since I'm obese, but I'm still able to go a lot longer than some skinny or overweight people. The other day I seen a skinny person that wasn't able to use the elliptical for more than 2 minutes and I couldn't stop smiling to myself and feeling so happy. :smiley: I know I shouldn't feel proud or happy that I'm able to go longer than some people, but I just can't help it! It really makes me feel accomplished and proud when that happens.

Way to go, feel that pride! Happiness is good for motivation... and, well, life!!! ;)

My confession is that I love hot sauce. I love it so much that my mom bought me a hot sauce kit for Christmas. I sometimes pour it out onto my hand and lick it off. Spicy things give me an endorphins rush. I also like vinegar to the point where I have started drinking pickle juice and the juice in pickled banana peppers, which happens to be deliciously spicy. Used to think people who did that were gross, but I have become one of them.

I don't log it, either... my diary says I do amazing on sodium, but something tells me that I do horrible when I get these hot sauce/pickle juice/mustard cravings.

Me too! I have 5 different bottles of hot sauce in my desk drawer. Don't ask how many I have at home. Yes, I'm weird and I'm okay with it.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.

I have a pet pig. She's a big ol' potbelly pig even though I got told she was a micro mini pig when we bought her. Anyway, if something is tempting me and I'm afraid that I can't resist, I feed it to the pig. If anyone complains I say "Pigs like (birthday cake, chips, whatever it was). You go look her in the eye and tell her she can't have a (whatever )." Lol Everyone thinks I'm nuts but... the food is gone. Problem solved!
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

I don't mind talking about it - they've seen my loss. What bugs me is when there are people I work with that yo-yo diet and when you try to educate them to help them or give them advice they look at you like you are from another planet and insist on doing their own plan. it never works. It is because of this I stopped talking about it.

Very early in this thread someone, and I wish I could remember who it was, said that when people ask them how they are losing weight they would say, 'I did it by eating pine cones'. I still randomly remember that and giggle!

We were at a park on Easter walking a trail and got to a clearing where the ground was covered in pinecones. My husband yells "Its a smorgasbord up here! Kids, stuff your pockets full of pinecones and we won't have to buy groceries this week!" Lol

Snort! You're awesome!

:blush: Thanks! :blush:
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...

I like (well not like) but am interested by serial killers. I've read books, watched movies, documentaries. I have not read 'Helter Shelter' yet based on Ted Manson and those murders, heard that's a real out there book, scary wise I think (?)

My husband named our youngest son (Jeffrey); not sure where he got the name, never asked because I liked it. However, he was born in Jan. 1992. I was off of work for 3 months with him (exclusively breastfed; spent a LOT of time in front of the TV). This was exactly the time the Jeffrey Dahmer trial was televised. Not a good coincidence. He then acquired the nickname "Dahmers" from his dad. He's 23 now and when his dad calls him that I just love to see the looks on people's faces when I tell them what it means! It's just a silly thing. My son gets it and we just laugh.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire 8oz. package of Philly cream cheese early this week (with a spoon, too LOL). Logged 2oz. a day over the next several days, as to hide my shameful binge.

Brilliant! Now why didn't I every think of that?

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I love this! I need a pet pig!! This is so awesome!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Yup, I did just put a double shot of Bacardi into my McDonalds diet coke cup so my SO doesn't know >:)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I love everything you said here :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

Haha, the original sadomasochist!!

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...

I like (well not like) but am interested by serial killers. I've read books, watched movies, documentaries. I have not read 'Helter Shelter' yet based on Ted Manson and those murders, heard that's a real out there book, scary wise I think (?)

I'm interested in most as well. I used to have like two huge volume books on murderers throughout history...I'd leave it around my awful roommate in college so she'd see lol.

Although I will say I was legit freaking out when the news broke about Ariel Castro. He used to shop at the JCP I worked at during the time when those girls were taken. I remember going to the market downtown and ALWAYS seeing 'missing' posters for them. So creepy because we were about the same age.
  • shells22
    shells22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Currently drinking McD diet sweet ice tea....sipping as I type...
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelly_Anne_Bates
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

James Bulger's death makes me so sad because he was just a tiny boy... and killed by two grade school kids! What would compel a couple of children to do something so awful?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Helter Skelter is about Charles Manson

Ted Bundy I think is the other name you were thinking about.....
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

@overlook237 Is it Rahab or Ruth?!

I read that as Rehab and was like "WHAT", second look I realise it's not. Never heard of that name, but it's better than Rehab.

Rahab was a prostitute ;)

They tried to make me go to Rahab would be a totally different song.

Okay, now it's running through my head. Thanks a lot! ;-) I'll probably end up making up some words, too.

Confession: Rehab is on my walking playlist, and when my treadmill was down, I had to walk laps inside my house. I might have maybe done slinky dance-walking with attitude when that came on. Needless to say, I did my walking when nobody was home.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

• JPW1990
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm wearing leggings right now. :p To be fair, I'm also wearing a long shirt and boots, so...

I should had clarified but I didn't want it to be one of those long posts people skip. :wink: Leggings with a tunic or other longer shirt/sweater is fine, cute even. Leggings worn the same as jeans would be where your shirt is not long enough to cover you rear, especially in a work setting, NOT ACCEPTABLE. I don't care how fit or thin you are. I don't want to see your *kitten* when you're walking past my office. Thanks.

Definitely not at work

nude-leggings.jpg
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

James Bulger's death makes me so sad because he was just a tiny boy... and killed by two grade school kids! What would compel a couple of children to do something so awful?

Usually Reactive Attachment Disorder
  • JPW1990
    edited April 2015
    Options

Helter Skelter was my true crime gateway drug. It was in my parents' book collection, and they didn't screen what I read. (which is also how I read Wifey and Flowers in the Attic much younger than I probably should have). For it's time, brutal, but compared to how graphic the true crime shows are these days, the book isn't that over the top.

And for those looking for other books, I'll add Joseph Kallinger to the list. There's a book about him called The Shoemaker. (another one I read younger than I should've)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

I love everything you said here :)

Me too! I'd love to see pictures of your pig! Where does she live? Inside, outside? Curious because you said you thought she was going to be small, so I'm wondering how you reacted when she kept growing.

Also, the pinecone response is great! I remember it from way back on the early pages.
  • gottabekd
    gottabekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I ate half a coconut cream pie on tuesday. It was mood eating.