Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I'm aiming for nightly but have to skip the occasional evening due to time constraints.

When looking for my lightweight dumbbells I also found a 5 lb kettlebell from my early days of resistance training so I've added a KB shoulder press (if that's what you call it?) to my routine.

Perhaps you can demonstrate a desk modification workout on the video... that could really expand the target market.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

Yeah, my view was that if they'd just tried it in the US we'd have recognized it as a win-win.

(Yes, I know there's an alternative history thing where it was in NYC.)

If they just promised not to push that 'dissolve people altogether' button, the US would be all over it and they could probably repopulate their planet several times over. XD
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I feel great anxiety about someone coming onto the metro that I would need to give my seat up to. It's not about really really wanting to sit, though I do like that after I've been standing on my feet all day at work... but for some reason I just feel anxious about the interaction. Though I still do it. I also feel annoyed at those who DON'T give up their seats to the elderly. Saw one little old woman (must have been over 85) get on the metro with a cane, and she just wobbled all over the place when it got moving. I looked over at the seats and saw four college age students taking them up, not one of them bothering to get up and offer her a seat.

Once I also saw one middle-aged woman pummel through everyone, including an old woman, just to get a seat. I see this kind of thing very often and one day I feel like I might snap at someone :confounded:

Make sure to post it on youtube.

I'm that woman who will move asap and if an elderly person is standing and no one has offered a seat I get a tad mouthy. I mean come on guys it's common sense and freaking respect! Ok, I'm done ranting now....
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    As far as leggings go, I personally don't consider them pants but to each their own I guess.. Unless it's at work, then it's just sloppy and unprofessional. I have a coworker who wears leggings and yoga pants to work in an office. No, just no.

Whenever I question if something I want to wear to work is too unprofessional, I just think of my one coworker who always wears those running shoes with the creepy separate toes to the office.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jenniator wrote: »
    Another Confession: I go to the gym 4 times a week and use the elliptical every day I go for 1 hour. When I see people that go on the elliptical, but are only able to do it for 1-5 minutes because their endurance isn't as high, it brings me incredible happiness to know that I'm finally better at something than some people and it makes me feel better about myself since I'm obese, but I'm still able to go a lot longer than some skinny or overweight people. The other day I seen a skinny person that wasn't able to use the elliptical for more than 2 minutes and I couldn't stop smiling to myself and feeling so happy. :smiley: I know I shouldn't feel proud or happy that I'm able to go longer than some people, but I just can't help it! It really makes me feel accomplished and proud when that happens.

Way to go, feel that pride! Happiness is good for motivation... and, well, life!!! ;)

My confession is that I love hot sauce. I love it so much that my mom bought me a hot sauce kit for Christmas. I sometimes pour it out onto my hand and lick it off. Spicy things give me an endorphins rush. I also like vinegar to the point where I have started drinking pickle juice and the juice in pickled banana peppers, which happens to be deliciously spicy. Used to think people who did that were gross, but I have become one of them.

I don't log it, either... my diary says I do amazing on sodium, but something tells me that I do horrible when I get these hot sauce/pickle juice/mustard cravings.

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.

I have a pet pig. She's a big ol' potbelly pig even though I got told she was a micro mini pig when we bought her. Anyway, if something is tempting me and I'm afraid that I can't resist, I feed it to the pig. If anyone complains I say "Pigs like (birthday cake, chips, whatever it was). You go look her in the eye and tell her she can't have a (whatever )." Lol Everyone thinks I'm nuts but... the food is gone. Problem solved!
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

I don't mind talking about it - they've seen my loss. What bugs me is when there are people I work with that yo-yo diet and when you try to educate them to help them or give them advice they look at you like you are from another planet and insist on doing their own plan. it never works. It is because of this I stopped talking about it.

Very early in this thread someone, and I wish I could remember who it was, said that when people ask them how they are losing weight they would say, 'I did it by eating pine cones'. I still randomly remember that and giggle!

That's my line! :) I cant wait to go back to see my dr so I can use it on him.

We were at a park on Easter walking a trail and got to a clearing where the ground was covered in pinecones. My husband yells "Its a smorgasbord up here! Kids, stuff your pockets full of pinecones and we won't have to buy groceries this week!" Lol
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: We have 1 bathroom off a bonus room, and it grosses me out to hear my dh farting and sh-tting up a storm. Ewwww! :neutral:
    sorry tmi, I know ..

This is why I insisted on NOISY ventilation fans in all 3 of our bathrooms. The new ones are "silent". Ummm, what's the point of that?! The one in our main / guest bathroom sounds like an airplane engine, but that's much better than the alternative!

Even when I am alone in the house I use the downstairs bathroom because it has the noisy vent fan.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...

I like (well not like) but am interested by serial killers. I've read books, watched movies, documentaries. I have not read 'Helter Shelter' yet based on Ted Manson and those murders, heard that's a real out there book, scary wise I think (?)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

Personally, I do it 3 - 4 times a week. However, I've gone a bit overboard, so now I've set reminders to get back to doing more planks. Those things kill me no matter how often I do them! I've gotten lax with those. I was up to 3 90 sec. planks per day. I'm going to get back to that. Bonus: holding my body in plank position (I lean on my elbows) works my shoulders, too.

I must have totally
    Missed this shoulder/arm workout y'all speak of- can I be let in on the secret?! I despise my arms

Of course! It's no secret, really. As a matter of fact, it's my lazy way to workout: in the evenings when I'm watching TV and sitting on the floor stretching I keep 3 lb. dumb bells next to me and I do several sets of shoulder exercises (forward circles, backward circles, tiny pulses up and down, etc.). Usually, 3 sets of 12 each done 3 times. My shoulders burn every time! Really helps form definition. Slow, controlled movements are the key.

I also have 10 lb. dumb bells and I do over-head presses. Three sets of 12. I struggle with that last set. Doing these from a sitting position really isolates the arm muscles making them much harder (for me anyway).

Thank you! Definitely screen shotted your post so I could write it down :)
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yes she's my favorite! I started off on her books they're so good! If you like her you should check out M. William Phelps's books!

I've read all the Ann Rule. Heading to amazon right now to find M. William Phelps!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm wearing leggings right now. :p To be fair, I'm also wearing a long shirt and boots, so...

I should had clarified but I didn't want it to be one of those long posts people skip. :wink: Leggings with a tunic or other longer shirt/sweater is fine, cute even. Leggings worn the same as jeans would be where your shirt is not long enough to cover you rear, especially in a work setting, NOT ACCEPTABLE. I don't care how fit or thin you are. I don't want to see your *kitten* when you're walking past my office. Thanks.

No worries, my leggings are always worn with tunic-length tops. I don't want my 51 year old *kitten* on display either.

Because I'm kinda tall, I sometimes wear garments that were originally intended as dresses, but would be waaaay too short on me, as "tunics".
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    As far as leggings go, I personally don't consider them pants but to each their own I guess.. Unless it's at work, then it's just sloppy and unprofessional. I have a coworker who wears leggings and yoga pants to work in an office. No, just no.

Whenever I question if something I want to wear to work is too unprofessional, I just think of my one coworker who always wears those running shoes with the creepy separate toes to the office.

If I have to question if something is professional or not for work then I figure it's probably not haha
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »

Confession #2: I'm happy my friends confide in me and come to me with their problems but I'm starting to become emotionally drained from them.

You know what's super frustrating? When you give good sound advice because you're on the outside looking in and they keep repeating the same destructive behavior over and over again and then wonder why their life is so full of stress and drama.

I have found myself distancing myself from these people because I don't want their S#!t spilling over into my life. I have my own things to worry about.

^^^^^ This, exactly. I seem to attract people who have major issues with this very thing. If you don't want advice or you don't plan to take it, don't ask for it and don't drag me into your drama. I am sure it says something about me that I attract these people but I am going to gloss over that part.

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    razrien wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose weight because I want to look good naked for someone else. They've never said anything negative about my weight at all, but Its one hell of a motivator.
    If you need to loose weight, it can be a good starting motivation. I just hope it is what's best for you because you are the center of your universe, not those who see you naked. It needs to be all about you, not someone else.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession on my days off fromo work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

Yes she's my favorite! I started off on her books they're so good! If you like her you should check out M. William Phelps's books!

I read and watch so much about serial killer my friends and family joke that I am studying to be one. I do not care for Anne Rule though, her writing style bores me. I have never made it all the way through a book by her.

In grade 8 I did a speech on the Manson murders and the teacher got freaked out and called my parents cuz she said I creeper her out!

My favorite book is Slow Death by James Fielder. Very well written, and I have read literally hundreds. Just today I bought The Boy In The Attic, looks great.....
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

I think those are creepy, too! Must be a very casual office to allow that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    jenniator wrote: »
    Another Confession: I go to the gym 4 times a week and use the elliptical every day I go for 1 hour. When I see people that go on the elliptical, but are only able to do it for 1-5 minutes because their endurance isn't as high, it brings me incredible happiness to know that I'm finally better at something than some people and it makes me feel better about myself since I'm obese, but I'm still able to go a lot longer than some skinny or overweight people. The other day I seen a skinny person that wasn't able to use the elliptical for more than 2 minutes and I couldn't stop smiling to myself and feeling so happy. :smiley: I know I shouldn't feel proud or happy that I'm able to go longer than some people, but I just can't help it! It really makes me feel accomplished and proud when that happens.

Way to go, feel that pride! Happiness is good for motivation... and, well, life!!! ;)

My confession is that I love hot sauce. I love it so much that my mom bought me a hot sauce kit for Christmas. I sometimes pour it out onto my hand and lick it off. Spicy things give me an endorphins rush. I also like vinegar to the point where I have started drinking pickle juice and the juice in pickled banana peppers, which happens to be deliciously spicy. Used to think people who did that were gross, but I have become one of them.

I don't log it, either... my diary says I do amazing on sodium, but something tells me that I do horrible when I get these hot sauce/pickle juice/mustard cravings.

Have you had Marie Sharp's Habanero hot sauce? It's from Belize. It is my FAVORITE!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Have you had Marie Sharp's Habanero hot sauce? It's from Belize. It is my FAVORITE!
    No, but my mouth started watering just from reading that comment, which should give you an idea about how far gone I am into yummy hot sauce land.

I will definitely look into it!!!