Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    @
    Talking about names, mine in Melany. Spelt with a Y at the end. NO ONE gets it right.

I've heard every variation on it. Melody, Melony, Melanie, even melANie (extenuate the "on") etc... I'm like just call me Mel, please.

Then there were *kitten* from high school who used to call me Smelany *sshole, because my last name rhymed with it. I was never amused by it.

Though it is funny now.

The there are my half siblings.
    Laurie
    Lisa
    Lance
    Lynnie
    Lon
    Lee.

Talk about all L's. It was VERY confusing growing up.

Also, another fun fact, my middle name and my sister's rhyme.

Even funnier? My mom and dad's do as well. Jane and Wayne. Hah, found it hilarious growing up.

My mother always used to say a rhyme to me as well;
    Melly Belly, Jelly Belly, Melly Belly boo. I thought it was cute.

@ddrhellbunny

My name is Melany, too!! I have only met like one other Melany who spells it with a Y. I get all the same wrong spellings as you do. Just call me Mel, too. Lol.

HAH! that's awesome, I have never met another melany, let alone someone who spells it with a Y. Our mother's have done us right :wink:

Yes they did!! Nice to meet you! ☺
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

@overlook237 Is it Rahab or Ruth?!

I read that as Rehab and was like "WHAT", second look I realise it's not. Never heard of that name, but it's better than Rehab.

Rahab was a prostitute ;)

Ha ha ok, maybe they are as bad as each other. Apologies I'm not really down with religious texts. :s
  • bec2496
    bec2496 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If there was an eating contest for animal crackers I would win hands down and Joey Chestnut would bow his head in shame. Those things are like crack to me.

We must've been separated at birth. I can eat an entire 11oz bag in one sitting. I usually throw in a bowl of funfetti cake mix dip for good measure.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.

My partners cousin always wanted a daughter called Grace. Then she married her husband and his surname is Squirrel. So she decided that would never happen.

I confess I had to say Grace Squirrel out loud a couple times to get it.

Me too! In fact, I just didn't think I got it until I said it out loud :)

I've repeated this over and over and I think I still don't get it :( Unless it's supposed to sound like gray squirrel. lol...nevermind....carry on :)
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing leggings right now. :p To be fair, I'm also wearing a long shirt and boots, so...

I should had clarified but I didn't want it to be one of those long posts people skip. :wink: Leggings with a tunic or other longer shirt/sweater is fine, cute even. Leggings worn the same as jeans would be where your shirt is not long enough to cover you rear, especially in a work setting, NOT ACCEPTABLE. I don't care how fit or thin you are. I don't want to see your *kitten* when you're walking past my office. Thanks.

Thanks for that! And I completely agree with the rest of your post.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    harriyot wrote: »
    Oh dear I need to confess this one... I hate my boss and also have a rather horrendous gas problem (long story - serious GI issues - awaiting surgery). Whenever she pisses me off I walk past her and release a noxious one. Not immediately - I bide my time and brew up a big one. She dare not say anything because she knows it's due to a serious medical condition. Sometimes I feel a little bit evil.

I think the ability to drop stinkbombs on a horrid boss is just a kind of karmic trade off for the misfortune of you needing surgery. Keeps the universe closer to balance. Don't feel bad.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Leggings are NOT pants. That is all. :#

This should be the 11th Commandment.

Hahaha yes, love it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

Personally, I do it 3 - 4 times a week. However, I've gone a bit overboard, so now I've set reminders to get back to doing more planks. Those things kill me no matter how often I do them! I've gotten lax with those. I was up to 3 90 sec. planks per day. I'm going to get back to that. Bonus: holding my body in plank position (I lean on my elbows) works my shoulders, too.

I must have totally
    Missed this shoulder/arm workout y'all speak of- can I be let in on the secret?! I despise my arms
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

Yes she's my favorite! I started off on her books they're so good! If you like her you should check out M. William Phelps's books!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Now, for a real confession: Since working out and noticing new more defined muscles, I find that I check myself out pretty much anything there is a mirror or reflective surface around. I also tend to flex and even find myself smiling at what I see. I'm not a vain or narcissistic person, but I'm really starting to like what I see and being 35 years old, that makes me feel pretty damn good!

Doesn't it feel great?! I'm certainly not perfect, but I like seeing changes that I work hard for. I don't remember when exactly it was, but awhile back while standing in a checkout line I saw a teen magazine with 3 thin girls on the cover and I distinctly remember thinking, "I like my legs so much better!" My legs have shape and theirs were stick thin with only definition at the knee (I'm NOT putting down anyone who looks this way). That was the first time in my life I liked myself better than what I saw on a magazine cover.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As far as leggings go, I personally don't consider them pants but to each their own I guess.. Unless it's at work, then it's just sloppy and unprofessional. I have a coworker who wears leggings and yoga pants to work in an office. No, just no.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    razrien wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose weight because I want to look good naked for someone else. They've never said anything negative about my weight at all, but Its one hell of a motivator.

Yes, it is. But an even better one is YOURSELF. Look good for YOU; no one else. If others benefit from it, well so be it. You will always be with you, so that is whom you need to please.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Confession: My ex is an as*hat, and hes my primary motivator for getting healthier. He needs to see what he missed out on.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Leggings are NOT pants. That is all. :#

Especially when they look like a Navajo rug!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

Personally, I do it 3 - 4 times a week. However, I've gone a bit overboard, so now I've set reminders to get back to doing more planks. Those things kill me no matter how often I do them! I've gotten lax with those. I was up to 3 90 sec. planks per day. I'm going to get back to that. Bonus: holding my body in plank position (I lean on my elbows) works my shoulders, too.

I must have totally
    Missed this shoulder/arm workout y'all speak of- can I be let in on the secret?! I despise my arms

Of course! It's no secret, really. As a matter of fact, it's my lazy way to workout: in the evenings when I'm watching TV and sitting on the floor stretching I keep 3 lb. dumb bells next to me and I do several sets of shoulder exercises (forward circles, backward circles, tiny pulses up and down, etc.). Usually, 3 sets of 12 each done 3 times. My shoulders burn every time! Really helps form definition. Slow, controlled movements are the key.

I also have 10 lb. dumb bells and I do over-head presses. Three sets of 12. I struggle with that last set. Doing these from a sitting position really isolates the arm muscles making them much harder (for me anyway).
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Confession: Boss has left until Monday and I just started reading the Intermittant Farting thread. So glad I have something to do this afternoon!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: Boss has left until Monday and I just started reading the Intermittant Farting thread. So glad I have something to do this afternoon!

It's soo funny, you won't regret it!!
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been doing extremely well resisting junk food and haven't been really craving it. When I was at the store with my husband buying dinner for tonight, I saw oreo ice cream bars! I was so excited and shocked since I've never seen them here in the Netherlands and know they are new. I absolutely had to have them. They came with 4 in a box and I was planning on eating just one. But my temptation got the best of me and I could've resist having two. It was like I had no self control at all and they were so delicious. It was nice to treat myself since I've been doing good, but I feel horrible and guilty since I practically wasted all my extra calories from using the elliptical machine for 1 hour on two ice creams that are loaded with sugar ha ha. I didn't go over my maintenance level, but I don't think I will lose anything tomorrow :disappointed: But it was still wroth it. :)

Another Confession: I go to the gym 4 times a week and use the elliptical every day I go for 1 hour. When I see people that go on the elliptical, but are only able to do it for 1-5 minutes because their endurance isn't as high, it brings me incredible happiness to know that I'm finally better at something than some people and it makes me feel better about myself since I'm obese, but I'm still able to go a lot longer than some skinny or overweight people. The other day I seen a skinny person that wasn't able to use the elliptical for more than 2 minutes and I couldn't stop smiling to myself and feeling so happy. :smiley: I know I shouldn't feel proud or happy that I'm able to go longer than some people, but I just can't help it! It really makes me feel accomplished and proud when that happens.