Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Confession: I eat about a cup of popcorn every day. It's 55 calories. I never, ever, log it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I went on a date last night with a man I'd met through a friend of a friend. We went to an Italian place for food before going to watch a mutual friend play a gig with his band. He asked me what I wanted to drink before going up to the bar, and I asked for a pint of beer. When he came back he had a glass of wine for me, which wouldn't have phased me if it was red or white but it was rose which I don't like, so I asked what had happened to the beer, since he had one for himself so obviously it wasn't like they'd run dry.
    His reply was 'oh sorry, I just find it really unattractive when girls behave like boys. Drinking beer, swearing, eating with their hands, it's a massive turn off'.
    He expressed surprise at the end of the night when I didn't sleep with him :D

You should've gotten up, got your own beer, chugged it, slammed the glass down on the table, belched loudly (preferably in his face) and walked away.

ETA: And throw in a "f*** yeah" after the belch.

But.... I'm single, so I dunno, maybe don't take my dating advice ;)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.

My partners cousin always wanted a daughter called Grace. Then she married her husband and his surname is Squirrel. So she decided that would never happen.

I confess I had to say Grace Squirrel out loud a couple times to get it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Today I was putting away the clean laundry when my husband came home. He walks in and starts telling me about his day then out of nowhere he throws out there "babe you are really looking good". I don't know the last time I got a compliment like that. It felt great and I'm feeling great about myself!

Confession...sometimes when the baby just won't stop crying I go and just find random things to eat to relieve the stress I start to feel. Probably not a good idea.

That is awesome! As for the 2nd part, is your baby colicky or have digestive issues? My newest grandson has tummy issues and he cries more than the other grand babies did, so I sympathize. Hope your baby grows out of it soon!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I can't see a thread titled "Intermitting Fasting" without thinking of "intermittent FARTING"...

that was a good thread! my hubby would look at me funny as I randomly started giggling!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    The White Fudge Oreos are glorious.

why can't we get such glorious creations in Canada (w/o having to order it & cost a fortune)? you guys in the States get all the good stuff!

• ShibaEars
    Options
    My confession is that I can't see a thread titled "Intermitting Fasting" without thinking of "intermittent FARTING"...

Then this, my dear, is the thread for you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/695972/intermittent-farting

I'm considering trying this... I hear protein ones are the best :wink:

lmao I'm only one page into that thread & am trying not to burst out laughing.

Confession: I am a 30 year old woman and have the sense of humour of an 8 year old boy.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Leggings are NOT pants. That is all. :#

But they are so comfortable!

I wear leggings as pants all the time. But in truth they are only flattering on a small group of people.

I am not convinced that I am one of those people. I will continue to wear them as pants for the foreseeable future.

Comfortable, don't need to be ironed or drycleaned, work nicely with tall boots... they're definitely pants in my world. Besides, my SO loves them on me. :/

Thankfully I'm past the age where I care if leggings are appropriate on me or not, they have so many other things going for them.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

@overlook237 Is it Rahab or Ruth?!

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

I read that as Rehab and was like "WHAT", second look I realise it's not. Never heard of that name, but it's better than Rehab.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Rachel :)
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

I don't mind talking about it - they've seen my loss. What bugs me is when there are people I work with that yo-yo diet and when you try to educate them to help them or give them advice they look at you like you are from another planet and insist on doing their own plan. it never works. It is because of this I stopped talking about it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    CONFESSION: I'm only continuing this baby-free crap because I deleted my debate forum account and... well.. kinda feeling the itch, know what I mean?

Also, I won the workplace weightloss challenge, so I get new workout stuffs! Yay me!

Congrats! Enjoy the new gear!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I went on a date last night with a man I'd met through a friend of a friend. We went to an Italian place for food before going to watch a mutual friend play a gig with his band. He asked me what I wanted to drink before going up to the bar, and I asked for a pint of beer. When he came back he had a glass of wine for me, which wouldn't have phased me if it was red or white but it was rose which I don't like, so I asked what had happened to the beer, since he had one for himself so obviously it wasn't like they'd run dry.
    His reply was 'oh sorry, I just find it really unattractive when girls behave like boys. Drinking beer, swearing, eating with their hands, it's a massive turn off'.
    He expressed surprise at the end of the night when I didn't sleep with him :D

You should've gotten up, got your own beer, chugged it, slammed the glass down on the table, belched loudly (preferably in his face) and walked away.

ETA: And throw in a "f*** yeah" after the belch.

But.... I'm single, so I dunno, maybe don't take my dating advice ;)

This was my exact thought lol. What a knucklehead. Why even ask if you're going to force your gross idea of what women should drink on me anyway?

Beer is yummy. He's a dummy.
  • kellystjohn105
    kellystjohn105 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Then this, my dear, is the thread for you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/695972/intermittent-farting

OMG - can't read this at work....couldn't get past the OP. CRYING....CAN'T BREATHE...
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I struggle with a variety of eating disorders. I have tendencies towards anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating. I'm not even on my fitness pal for weight loss. I'm just on here so I have something holding me accountable for eating enough whilst not over indulging although it is hard to refrain from the "I should lose some more weight" mindset sometimes. Haha so there's my demons crawling out of their closet.

This is true for many of us. I use it for various reasons, but not weight loss. Hope this site and whatever other methods you may be using help you to get better! Lots of people here have or are dealing with similar issues. Keep focusing on recovery - good luck!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't want to see skinny people in leggings/jeggings/yoga pants unless they have a long shirt or something covering their front. No offense but I don't want to be able to tell if you trim/shave/wax your hoo ha just by looking at you with "pants" on.

There are so many more flattering clothes out there for women who want to show off their weight loss!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I read that as Rehab and was like "WHAT", second look I realise it's not. Never heard of that name, but it's better than Rehab.

Rahab was a prostitute ;)