Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

That doesn't sound at all judgy! (rungirl - you better not let judgy pants know if you have a messy house because of said children!)

I'm glad you said that first. >:)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Confession 1 - I miss this thread and can't wait to catch up.

Confession 2 - Flights to Orlando make me *kitten* despise Disney (both the World and Walt for creating it) and children in general (or maybe their *kitten* terrible awful parents).

Confession 3 - A hefty portion of my expense reimbursement will be for alcohol. I will defend myself with Confession 2 if challenged.

Confession 4 - So. Many. Peeps.

Welcome back! Hope you are done traveling, if not soon!
  • PJ3937
    PJ3937 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lie to fam and friends how much weight I've lost so I feel better about myself. Not fooling anybody though ... big belly ... even bigger butt.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @tincanonastring

I'm a Jennifer. Thanks mom.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a very unusualy (ancient Welsh) name, which looks on paper to be close to Ellen. People call me Ellen. I correct them. They continue calling me Ellen. I correct them. They continue calling me Ellen. It drives me nuts, it's like they don't even try.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So today was the last day of my French class, and to celebrate everyone brought in food (I brought in a big bag of chocolate covered raisins). I ate a bunch of things and have no way of logging them, so I'm feeling a little down about myself. I feel like I have fallen a bit off the wagon in the last couple of days, and considering I only lost two pounds so far I can EASILY gain those back right away and have to start over :(

EDIT: Checked BabyCenter, apparently my name was #96 for the year I was born.
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Jennifer was by far the most common girl's name for years, including when I was born and when you were born (checked your profile). Even now I get called Jennifer all the time when people can't remember my name even though the only similarity is three syllables.

I was almost named Jennifer, but my mother changed her mind at the last minute. Apparently if I'd been a boy I'd have been Derek. (I only have a sister, so this has not been tested.)

I went to a very small Catholic school from 1st through 8th grade - there were 6 girls in my grade, three were named Jennifer.

Apparently I was almost Jackie, but then went and got born on January 1st, which is the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary, so I am Mary.
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Confession 2 - Flights to Orlando make me *kitten* despise Disney (both the World and Walt for creating it) and children in general (or maybe their *kitten* terrible awful parents).

Confession 3 - A hefty portion of my expense reimbursement will be for alcohol. I will defend myself with Confession 2 if challenged.

Hi!

Got my son the "mystery peeps." They weren't much of a mystery, since you could smell what flavor it was as soon as you opened them.

They come in flavors?? I thought they were all just marshmallow and colored sugar. I had no idea.

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't log all my calories and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've done a lot of procrastinating at work today.

I also confess that food has been on my mind almost constantly for the last three days.

Finally, I confess that I am in denial about being on a plane back to China in 3.5 days.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Hi!

Got my son the "mystery peeps." They weren't much of a mystery, since you could smell what flavor it was as soon as you opened them.

They come in flavors?? I thought they were all just marshmallow and colored sugar. I had no idea.

It's only recently they've been doing that. I think they actually started with some of the Halloween ones to jump on the pumpkin spice craze.
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jennifer too.

We're meeting a bunch of family this weekend for dinner. I shot down everyone's restaurant suggestions until one met my nutritional standards. I felt bad because many of the suggested restaurants were ones I would have jumped at in the past and now everyone unwittingly has to conform to me. They are also all kind of pissy that I was being difficult.

Oh well. Too bad, so sad!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't do a single thing today. I wallowed in my laziness... :(
  • kathypotter43
    kathypotter43 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of binge eating. Then beating myself up for it.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am consuming my remaining calories in hot chocolate, candy, and cookies.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

A privilege? I have twins. Being able to park closer = safety. Clearly you've never had two small kids try to run off in a parking lot.

Nobody's responsibility but yours. Here's a thought--leave the kids at home if they are that out of control.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I get really bummed when people don't ask if I want anything because they assume I can't eat at a location because it's "unhealthy". :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Anxiety disorder confession-

I haven't had a Pap smear since before my three year old was born. Actually since before I got pregnant...like a few years before.

I cannot relax enough to get it done, and I have made several appointments. Sometimes I even get as far as to change into the gown.

As soon as the nurse/doctor comes in My brain goes "RAPE! DANGER! FIRE!!!!" And I am unable to get my feet in the stirrups.

When not on anxiety medication, I have similar experiences doing mundane things, like buying yogurt. (How long have I been in the yogurt section? Too long? Should I just leave? I bet they all think I am some sort of yogurt fetishist. Well now I can't leave without the yogurt....I've come too far!)

I have the same issue with paps
    I have even vomited in the DR'S exam room waiting
    Last time she took advantage of the fact I was having surgery, and did it while I was under, not sure what will happen next time.
    Once I even took a mixture of perks, gravel and lorazapam
    Still got so worked up it never happened
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jennifer too.

We're meeting a bunch of family this weekend for dinner. I shot down everyone's restaurant suggestions until one met my nutritional standards. I felt bad because many of the suggested restaurants were ones I would have jumped at in the past and now everyone unwittingly has to conform to me. They are also all kind of pissy that I was being difficult.

Oh well. Too bad, so sad!

There are a lot of places which, on the surface, sound like nothing will be doable, but if you poke around on their nutritional info online, you can find something just about everywhere. Even easier if it's only diet related and not allergen related.
  • MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Occasionally, I celebrate the fact that I put in effort, instead of celebrating results. I celebrate by eating junk food while watching movies and I over do it. I have eaten an entire pint of ice cream along with half a bag of chips, after doing an exam (I didn't even know if I did well on the exam or not....later I found out I didn't). Also, I make excuses when I planned to go out and exercise, such as having a test in a couple of days. But then I end up doing nothing productive.