Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I confess that I'm really digging seeing peeps' peep avatars. It's...cleansing to my soul... I also confess that someone on another thread expressed frustration at the amount of peep-related posts I put out there and I was not very peepceptive to her feedback. I'm afraid I was actually rather rude and used the peep cleanse to retaliate. The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) must remain pure and I vow to never use it in a besmirchful manner again.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    There are 5 really good Mexican bakeries within walking distance of where I live. I've been here for almost two years and have only bought bread (not pan dulce) once.

*willpower of steel*
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Only very tangentally a fitness-related question...does anyone have experience with DHS deliveries? How likely are they to be on time?

I would love to go out dancing tonight, but I have no dresses that fit me which I have not worn too many times already. I am waiting for a packing which has a bunch of new dresses in it. It is supposed to arrive by end-of-day Pacific today. This morning it was in India. Now it is in Germany. I don't have much hope!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    whew! Finally caught back up... this has been a busy thread today and I was off of it for 3 days over the weekend and never caught up yesterday. Work got in the way all morning... and I have been feverishly reading all posts for the past 3 hours. I am so happy to be back on top of this!
    You are all free to keep posting now... haha!
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There are 5 really good Mexican bakeries within walking distance of where I live. I've been here for almost two years and have only bought bread (not pan dulce) once.

*willpower of steel*

That is really impressive! I have another confession. During workouts you have to push yourself . I used to try to do this by picturing how I want to look during the summer and at my friends wedding, and who I want to impress. I would tell myself how good I'll feel later and the health benefits. The only thing that truly helps me push myself and increase intensity is thinking about the food I'll be able to eat with those extra calories.

• littleboopy
    littleboopy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My confession is I've always seen myself as fat when I looked in the mirror and I was only 85 lbs I'm 4ft 8" so although thin not sickly! But now I'm 137 and for the first time what I always saw in the mirror is now my reality and I hate it! Trying so hard to just get down to 100 lbs but it's just not happening! Ugh
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

*willpower of steel*

That is really impressive! I have another confession. During workouts you have to push yourself . I used to try to do this by picturing how I want to look during the summer and at my friends wedding, and who I want to impress. I would tell myself how good I'll feel later and the health benefits. The only thing that truly helps me push myself and increase intensity is thinking about the food I'll be able to eat with those extra calories.

Well, the one time I did buy bread, I made a HUGE sandwich, ate it all and gained 5 pounds. I am looking forward to the summer and an excuse to make a cold-cut sandwich again, with cheese and real mayo. Once a year will not kill me. I am really unreasonably sensitive to carbs and just cannot do bread on a regular basis.

Reality...no fun at all!
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My confession is I've always seen myself as fat when I looked in the mirror and I was only 85 lbs I'm 4ft 8" so although thin not sickly! But now I'm 137 and for the first time what I always saw in the mirror is now my reality and I hate it! Trying so hard to just get down to 100 lbs but it's just not happening! Ugh

I used to think I was chubby, too when I was really thin and in shape. I look back at that time and wish I would have realized how good I looked. But think of it this way. When you hit your goal weight you'll appreciate it more than if you had never gained weight! Don
    Don't let it get you down :)
  • littleboopy
    littleboopy Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I used to think I was chubby, too when I was really thin and in shape. I look back at that time and wish I would have realized how good I looked. But think of it this way. When you hit your goal weight you'll appreciate it more than if you had never gained weight! Don
    Don't let it get you down :)

Thanks glad I'm not alone! I always wished I took more photos or didn't wear baggy clothes to hide myself! I just hope that I can get the weight down so I can truly feel good in my skin! Having 5 c-sections doesn't help either. But my motivation is to lose the weight so I can have the tummy tuck if I have any loose skin left which hoping I won't! Going to be a tough long journey but I'm willing to do it for me!
  • Mergator
    Mergator Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I HAVE TOTALLY DONE THAT!

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I have read every single post on this thread (it's been very entertaining), and have just now decided to contribute.
    Confession: I am the only person I know that benefits from looking at pictures and recipes of delicious foods and watching cooking shows. It helps me control my appetite, like it's some kind of replacement for eating. It's very, very strange.
    !
    I'm so glad someone else feels like this. It actually sort of upsets me to look at them if I'm eating a lot because they make me feel guilty.
    But if I'm eating very few calories, it does function like a replacement for eating. When I was a lot lighter I actually *preferred* looking at pictures of food to eating it. It was bizarre, really. It was like a way to experience it vicariously, but it was as if real food would be disappointing after the images. Very strange.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I recently started a new eating regimen of 200g of protein a day to fuel my body for max weight low rep lifting. I don't want to try and piece together information from all the "beginner help me" threads, yet I'm hesitant to start my own thread because of all the lolbroscience responses I'm sure to get.

This is probably the most therapeutic and helpful thread on the MFP forums.

Just sayin..

post 666 is coming.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'd been having a pint of beer pretty much evening, and it always put me over my calorie limit for the day. I just pretended to not have had it. Result: I gained 5 pounds. Only been having beer once a week now. :(
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I recently started a new eating regimen of 200g of protein a day to fuel my body for max weight low rep lifting. I don't want to try and piece together information from all the "beginner help me" threads, yet I'm hesitant to start my own thread because of all the lolbroscience responses I'm sure to get.

This is probably the most therapeutic and helpful thread on the MFP forums.

Just sayin..

post 666 is coming.

Honestly, before I was restricted from doing it, everything that worked for me came straight from the intro to health and fitness 101 textbook I had in college. Most of the conflicting info I've seen since then seems more focused on min/maxing and attributing magic powers to one school of thought over another. The basics aren't any different than what was in that book 20 years ago, though.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am going to be in a flash mob this weekend.

The shocking thing is that I have somehow managed to never do this until now.

I'm jealous - I've never been in one either!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: The guys from Supernatural are going to be in my state, about 6 hours away from me this weekend and I really really want to drive over to see them. Sometimes, younger girls try to make me feel weird for liking those guys, but then I have to say - hey, those guys are MY age!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm eating today's extra calories in homemade jalapeño macaroni and cheese. I regret nothing.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am not proud of this, but there is a part of me that is really glad I was huge in the past because people think you are somehow morally good to have lost a huge amount of weight. It wasn't why I put it on or why I lost it but it really makes me feel good when people comment.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I see armless alligator like creatures.
    jnr4PgV.jpg

I hesitate to confess that, due to placement, my thought was a rabbit/human centipede hybrid.

I was totally thinking human centipede and I am never watching that film.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I am not proud of this, but there is a part of me that is really glad I was huge in the past because people think you are somehow morally good to have lost a huge amount of weight. It wasn't why I put it on or why I lost it but it really makes me feel good when people comment.

The flip side of that is that people assume you are morally bad for being fat.

I gained weight due to health issues--it was pretty much beyond my control. I'm a bit angry about that.