Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    can you imagine when Zoolander came out? how many times I heard "derelick my balls"

BAHAHAHA best quote ever!! And the second one is coming out woo hoo!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Confession: Seeing the term "full-fat soda" used repeatedly in other threads makes my left eye twitch. Last I checked, soda did not contain any fat whatsoever.

P.S. I fully understand they mean full-sugar soda, but it makes me twitchy regardless.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

A privilege? I have twins. Being able to park closer = safety. Clearly you've never had two small kids try to run off in a parking lot.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

It's a courtesy, not a privilege, or all businesses would be required to have them. We get it, you don't have kids. So what?
  • traceyjohnsonthomas
    Options
    So when logging food I search for it and if there is something that is slightly more calories than whst I actually ate I pick it to log. I trick myself into thinking I've had a little more calories than reality so if I go over a little I am still ok.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

It's a courtesy, not a privilege, or all businesses would be required to have them. We get it, you don't have kids. So what?

it's not illegal to park in those spots, just because you ladies like to get baby-capped parking spots. I will use them if I'm in a hurry. I know some of you chubby gals use them too.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I don't think I deserved special privileges for having kids, however, if no one was parked in the ridiculous pregnant woman spots, *kitten* right I was going to use them.

I would have used them too, had they existed back when my kids were babies.

I wish I had known there were so many "special privileges" available to me when my kids were growing up, I would surely have taken advantage.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

A privilege? I have twins. Being able to park closer = safety. Clearly you've never had two small kids try to run off in a parking lot.

Our "irresponsible" actions of having children makes us unworthy of preggo parking... without acknowledging troubles in pregnancy and women who are advised by doctor to not push themselves too much with exercise. Walking isn't harmless for all people. Ignoring that is being willfully ignorant, or just uncaring.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Speaking of names, I still don't understand why Richard's surname is typically Dick. And who in the world would call their kid Dick, although it made for an epic season in Supernatural with Dick jokes.

Former local state's attorney Dick Devine had a float in the Pride Parade here one year (some years ago) with his name on it, and was reportedly taken aback by the extremely enthusiastic response he got. I always wondered how he got to that stage of his life without anticipating that--nicer elementary school than I went to, I guess.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Speaking of names, I still don't understand why Richard's surname is typically Dick. And who in the world would call their kid Dick, although it made for an epic season in Supernatural with Dick jokes.

Former local state's attorney Dick Devine had a float in the Pride Parade here one year (some years ago) with his name on it, and was reportedly taken aback by the extremely enthusiastic response he got. I always wondered how he got to that stage of his life without anticipating that--nicer elementary school than I went to, I guess.

Lol!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

I'm Jessi, and apparently I was ahead of the curve. Seems there were a crapton of Jessicas born when I was in middle school and high school. I was the only one at school, but we had about 12 Jennifers.

Jennifer was by far the most common girl's name for years, including when I was born and when you were born (checked your profile). Even now I get called Jennifer all the time when people can't remember my name even though the only similarity is three syllables.

I was almost named Jennifer, but my mother changed her mind at the last minute. Apparently if I'd been a boy I'd have been Derek. (I only have a sister, so this has not been tested.)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

I'm Jessi, and apparently I was ahead of the curve. Seems there were a crapton of Jessicas born when I was in middle school and high school. I was the only one at school, but we had about 12 Jennifers.

Jennifer was by far the most common girl's name for years, including when I was born and when you were born (checked your profile). Even now I get called Jennifer all the time when people can't remember my name even though the only similarity is three syllables.

I was almost named Jennifer, but my mother changed her mind at the last minute. Apparently if I'd been a boy I'd have been Derek. (I only have a sister, so this has not been tested.)

I have the 8th most popular name of the decade I was born in. My sister is 3rd, my youngest sister is 14th, I have cousins in 4th and 6th (all female). I have a male cousin in 3rd.

My husband's name was 3rd most popular in the decade he was born in.

My kids are respectively: not in the top 200 (157th spelled with e rather than a), 18th (classic name, after his great-grandfather), not in the top 200 (57th if you add an e at the end) and 24th, yet they all have normal names. Hooray!

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Confession 1 - I miss this thread and can't wait to catch up.

Confession 2 - Flights to Orlando make me *kitten* despise Disney (both the World and Walt for creating it) and children in general (or maybe their *kitten* terrible awful parents).

Confession 3 - A hefty portion of my expense reimbursement will be for alcohol. I will defend myself with Confession 2 if challenged.

Confession 4 - So. Many. Peeps.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Confession 2 - Flights to Orlando make me *kitten* despise Disney (both the World and Walt for creating it) and children in general (or maybe their *kitten* terrible awful parents).

Confession 3 - A hefty portion of my expense reimbursement will be for alcohol. I will defend myself with Confession 2 if challenged.

Hi!

Got my son the "mystery peeps." They weren't much of a mystery, since you could smell what flavor it was as soon as you opened them.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I decided that I was going to have 8 GG Sandwich cookies for my lunch. I ate 4 chocolate ones (all that was left) and then ate 2 white ones. I decided the vanilla ones were lacking, so put the other two back.

I am Canadian and used to be a GG when I was a kid. I live in the States now but IMO the Canadian cookies were far superior.

Totally Canadian here! *cn*
  • ladybuggnorris
    edited April 2015
    Options
    double post
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options

Welcome back. This thread missed you.
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options

That doesn't sound at all judgy! (rungirl - you better not let judgy pants know if you have a messy house because of said children!)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I don't even know much about you @tincanonastring but I did enjoy your posts and I'm excited to see what you post next!
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Confession: Seeing the term "full-fat soda" used repeatedly in other threads makes my left eye twitch. Last I checked, soda did not contain any fat whatsoever.

P.S. I fully understand they mean full-sugar soda, but it makes me twitchy regardless.

I'm with you on this one, definite pet peeve.