Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I decided that I was going to have 8 GG Sandwich cookies for my lunch. I ate 4 chocolate ones (all that was left) and then ate 2 white ones. I decided the vanilla ones were lacking, so put the other two back.

I prefer the mint ones at Christmas. Especially when they are frozen. I can't get over how expensive they are now. I sold them for $2.50/box. Last time I saw the they were $5.00

Speaking of cookies I was relieved when the White Fudge Oreos were gone after Christmas since they were so good & then I seen Giant still had them a few weeks ago. I was strong & left them behind.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    My confession: I rarely ever meet my macros goals, even though I have no issues hitting my caloric requirements.

And not because I quick add calories.

It's because MFP is lacking the fourth (and arguably the most important) macro: ALCOHOL *swoons*

Why, MFP, WHY?!? How will I ever meet my macros goals, when you refuse to acknowledge the fourth macro, and when that fourth macro makes up a substantial number of my calories on a fairly regular basis??

I feel like MFP is judging alcoholics. Good thing THIS thread is reserved for those without judgement.

I haz a sad :(

If alcohol was a macro, I'd meet it every damn day!

I would meet this macro as well. :s
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    The White Fudge Oreos are glorious.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    It's a sad, sad day. First, they blocked MPF at work, so I have to catch up on my phone...Not the same. And second, all this snarkiness on this thread is upsetting me. No judgements! I understand people are sensitive about certain subjects, but let's agree to disagree and move on to the next random subject. I suggest favorite candy. Mine are Sour Patch Kids and anything with dark chocolate!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I've created a new hashtag for when you have awesome weight loss days

#thinning

use at your leisure.

We have a winnah

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Briefly back to the doctor discussion (although not the gynecologist as I avoid them like the plague). I have something called dextrocardia. What it is is that my heart is actually on the wrong side of my body. I have known this for years. 2 years ago I had it confirmed that I actually have my whole upper body switched (mirror image). It's pretty rare (usually happens in twins though I am not a twin and there is no history of twins in the family).

Most doctors have never seen it. I think it's really funny to go to the doctor and not tell them. Then they break out the stethoscope and start trying to listen to my heartbeat. They NEVER admit they can't find it. I'll wait a few minutes as they get increasingly frantic then will tell them to try the right side. Often they won't believe me. Until I say I have dextrocardia. Then they all all fascinated and start dragging in everyone in the office to check it out. At that point it gets a bit embarrassing but for a few moments I get a laugh out of it.

I find that fascinating! I have never heard of someone with your condition. I would love to see the doctors face when they can't find a heart beat where it is supposed to be! This must be amusing to you when it happens with doctors and interns (and I apologize if I am making you uncomfortable).

I think it's hysterical. It's the small things in life...

Although it really bothers my mom that I don't wear a medical alert bracelet. Since I am convinced I am going to die in a car accident I suppose I ought to. Hate to think they thought I was dead because they missed my heartbeat. I'll probably end up being one of those people who you hear about waking up on the embalming table. Although for me I will probably end up waking up on the way to the cremetorium.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: We have 1 bathroom off a bonus room, and it grosses me out to hear my dh farting and sh-tting up a storm. Ewwww! :neutral:
    sorry tmi, I know ..
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »
    Confession: I am gassy as *kitten* right now and I don't care even a little bit.

I've been eating a lot of roasted garlic hummus the past 2 days and I forgot how gassy hummus makes me. Let's just say I wish the music had been louder at the gym today.

Stay away from Atkins bars lol! I've found they made my farts smell so bad I could clear a room.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Confession: I've used the stalls for pregnant moms / moms with kids at grocery stores and malls. I have never done it at a hospital or health clinic. How does some know if I am preggers or not? I could be and just not showing yet (I've never been pregnant before).

When someone offers mer a seat on the train because they think I'm pregnant, I smile, give them a big thank you and take it. I justify it by telling myself that it's better that they get a good response, get to feel like they've done a good deed and so will continue to make the offer then to have me respond negatively, embarrass them, and put them off offering a seat to someone who actually is pregnant.

Really I just like to sit down.

Fabulous! I would do the same thing! Let them feel good about themselves.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.

My partners cousin always wanted a daughter called Grace. Then she married her husband and his surname is Squirrel. So she decided that would never happen.

I remember hearing about a lady would called her two daughters Strawberry and Champagne. I almost died...

My Name is Lois (obviously) a lot of people don't know how to pronounce it and go for Louise instead. I used to get angry about it but it doesn't bother me anymore, I actually get embarrassed about correcting them. The worst one was in Starbucks, (now they ask for your name) and someone put Lawrence. So in the space of 2 minutes I'm supposed to change gender?

My nick names growing up are Lo, Lo Lo, Lu, Lu Lu, Lois Lane (ha ha :neutral: ) and the most ridiculous one? 'Little Hi, Little Lo, Little Jiggelo Jo' *kitten* knows why...

I wonder if Starbucks does that on purpose? How do you get Lois & Lawrence confused?
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My confession is that I feel great anxiety about someone coming onto the metro that I would need to give my seat up to. It's not about really really wanting to sit, though I do like that after I've been standing on my feet all day at work... but for some reason I just feel anxious about the interaction. Though I still do it. I also feel annoyed at those who DON'T give up their seats to the elderly. Saw one little old woman (must have been over 85) get on the metro with a cane, and she just wobbled all over the place when it got moving. I looked over at the seats and saw four college age students taking them up, not one of them bothering to get up and offer her a seat.

Once I also saw one middle-aged woman pummel through everyone, including an old woman, just to get a seat. I see this kind of thing very often and one day I feel like I might snap at someone :confounded:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.

My partners cousin always wanted a daughter called Grace. Then she married her husband and his surname is Squirrel. So she decided that would never happen.

I remember hearing about a lady would called her two daughters Strawberry and Champagne. I almost died...

My Name is Lois (obviously) a lot of people don't know how to pronounce it and go for Louise instead. I used to get angry about it but it doesn't bother me anymore, I actually get embarrassed about correcting them. The worst one was in Starbucks, (now they ask for your name) and someone put Lawrence. So in the space of 2 minutes I'm supposed to change gender?

My nick names growing up are Lo, Lo Lo, Lu, Lu Lu, Lois Lane (ha ha :neutral: ) and the most ridiculous one? 'Little Hi, Little Lo, Little Jiggelo Jo' *kitten* knows why...

I wonder if Starbucks does that on purpose? How do you get Lois & Lawrence confused?

Argh it just makes buying coffee awkward. I occasionally say my name is Dave just for giggles but even that gets a funny look from the barrister.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

A privilege? I have twins. Being able to park closer = safety. Clearly you've never had two small kids try to run off in a parking lot.

Nobody's responsibility but yours. Here's a thought--leave the kids at home if they are that out of control.

Yes because clearly 2yo twins can look after themselves and groceries will magically appear at my door.

And how is 'common courtesy' the same as 'responsibility'? You must be a very nice person to be around.
    I went to Target tonight to pick up one thing, and wound up finding clearance Talenti gelato. I only bought two, and am kind of regretting not buying a third. I'm either going to go over my calories to have some of both, or I'm going to try and exercise a little once I've put my son to bed.

(Hint: I'm definitely not going to do the second option)

Clearance Talenti? Is that a thing? Well I have to go to Target today to pick up cotton candy oreos anyway...
    sodakat wrote: »
    I can't find Hazelnut anywhere. Very limited flavors in the only 3 places I know of that carry Talenti. Some day...

55835802.png

The regular Hazelnut flavor you can only get at Target. The Hazelnut Chocolate Chip & most of the newer flavors I've found at Giant. I still can't find The Raspberry Cheesecake.

Shop Rite has the hazelnut chocolate chip one too. Probably my favorite. I wasn't that crazy about the raspberry cheesecake one... It had a little sour/Greek yogurt flavor in the cheesecake bites that disappointed me. I'm not too fond of Greek yogurt cheesecake... I'm always bummed when I want a good old cheesecake and end up with that kind.

Still can't find Tiramisu, which makes me sad. I actually gave my daughter some sea salt caramel yesterday and she absolutely loved it.

Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.

Because those of us who don't/can't have children get treated like second-class citizens in so many ways, both big and small. It happens to me on this site and it happens to me in real life.

It pisses me off to see people who get to have children taking them for granted, not caring for them properly and expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public...even though parents get tons of positive attention just for being parents, whether they are actually doing their jobs well or not. It's disgusting.

Being pregnant or having small children is not a disability, it is a choice. If you can't figure out how to manage that, don't have children to begin with. Nobody deserves a parade or a designated parking spot. The whole thing with baby-on-board signs and decorating cars with stick families is disgustingly self-congratulatory.

Oh wow wow that escalated quickly. How in the world is appreciating reserved parking spots 'not caring for the kids properly or expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public'? You really do seem extremely bitter, but once again, I'm guessing you won't get up in public transportation to give your place for a pregnant woman either.
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession Number 2- I hate my husband.
    Well, not really. I am terribly jealous of him. He has lost over 50lbs since Christmas without dieting or exercising. He caught a stomach virus and lost his appetite for a week. He has just never gone back to eating as much as he did before he got sick. He has gone from 310 to 248. I am so tired of hearing that his pants don't fit, his belt is too big...

I am a jealous *itch.

Yeah I would be peeved too. My husband lost 15 pounds very easily, but again, he's probably gained them all back by now so...

My confession - I was really tired of hearing that everything that was wrong with me was 'because of my weight'. I really thought I was healthy too (well, considering that I have asthma). But it's amazing how healthier I feel now that I've lost the weight...

Tell us what you think of The Cotton Candy Oreos.

I'm also on the lookout for the Skippy Caramel Peanut Butter.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I feel great anxiety about someone coming onto the metro that I would need to give my seat up to. It's not about really really wanting to sit, though I do like that after I've been standing on my feet all day at work... but for some reason I just feel anxious about the interaction. Though I still do it. I also feel annoyed at those who DON'T give up their seats to the elderly. Saw one little old woman (must have been over 85) get on the metro with a cane, and she just wobbled all over the place when it got moving. I looked over at the seats and saw four college age students taking them up, not one of them bothering to get up and offer her a seat.

Once I also saw one middle-aged woman pummel through everyone, including an old woman, just to get a seat. I see this kind of thing very often and one day I feel like I might snap at someone :confounded:

Make sure to post it on youtube.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

Make sure to post it on youtube.
    I don't think I could ever be comfortable or confident enough to actually snap at someone like that in public :P But who knows... maybe watching all those episodes of What Would You Do might pay off one day.

• DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession 1 - I miss this thread and can't wait to catch up.

Confession 2 - Flights to Orlando make me *kitten* despise Disney (both the World and Walt for creating it) and children in general (or maybe their *kitten* terrible awful parents).

Confession 3 - A hefty portion of my expense reimbursement will be for alcohol. I will defend myself with Confession 2 if challenged.

Confession 4 - So. Many. Peeps.

Contact! Yay!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    My favorite Talenti flavors are Egg Nog (seasonal), Salted Caramel Peanut (this is a newer flavor), Mediterranean Mint, Caramel Apple Pie, & Tiramisu.

The worst Talenti flavor in my opinion is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough,

I NEED TO FIND THIS.

Telanti is amazing, but I'm still pissed that they have cocoa in their salted caramel. Caramel is the decadent substitute for non-chocoholics!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

Well, I don't think its any of their business, you do what you got to do. And the trick with the snacks, have a bin under your desk do a little "Mmmm" as you subtly put it in the bin. No-one gets hurt. :smile:
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I totally used the "stork parking" spots. My hips hurt so freaking bad in my last trimester I could hardly walk. I had to use the shopping cart like a walker just to get through the grocery store.

Yep. "Parent parking" is not legally enforceable so I'll d4mn well park there if I want.