Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I hate 'car' kid names. Bentley, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :blush:

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

... their last name was Carr.

My partners cousin always wanted a daughter called Grace. Then she married her husband and his surname is Squirrel. So she decided that would never happen.

This gave me the giggles. I kept picturing someone looking over her shoulder and saying in a Batman voice, "My name is Grace Squirrel."

Ha ha it's a shame because i think Grace is a really nice name.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

and because I have seen this name used .. to .. death, I hate the name Nevaeh. Pfft, cheesy.

I knew a couple that named their first daughter Lexys, and told everyone "no jokes, please!"

My partners cousin always wanted a daughter called Grace. Then she married her husband and his surname is Squirrel. So she decided that would never happen.

This gave me the giggles. I kept picturing someone looking over her shoulder and saying in a Batman voice, "My name is Grace Squirrel."

My cat's name is Grace, coz she hasn't got any :D
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't have pets, plants or offspring
  • Lois_1989
    Options

My cat's name is Grace, coz she hasn't got any :D

HA, nicely played! Love it...
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Confession Number 2- I hate my husband.
    Well, not really. I am terribly jealous of him. He has lost over 50lbs since Christmas without dieting or exercising. He caught a stomach virus and lost his appetite for a week. He has just never gone back to eating as much as he did before he got sick. He has gone from 310 to 248. I am so tired of hearing that his pants don't fit, his belt is too big...

I am a jealous *itch.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My son MAKES and WATCHES Youtube videos of playing Minecraft...UGH! I don't get square pigs. lol

Both of my kids do this and the things my seven year old creates blows my mind. He built an exact replica of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse last year in Minecraft. They're also obsessed with Sonic and Legos.

My 8 year old daughter is a huge fan of Minecraft and she has hantastic imagination, you can build anything there! She could spend hours playing AND watching youtube videos - Stampy drives me mad but I am a pro now when it comes to installing mods and new maps :wink:

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I can't see a thread titled "Intermitting Fasting" without thinking of "intermittent FARTING"...
  • Lois_1989
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Being a recent ex-smoker I can confirm that the initial sugar rush from chocolate is the same as the first drag of a cigarette in the morning. My confession, I could be substituting ciggys with chocolate. This concerns me...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I can't see a thread titled "Intermitting Fasting" without thinking of "intermittent FARTING"...

Then this, my dear, is the thread for you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/695972/intermittent-farting
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I'm considering trying this... I hear protein ones are the best :wink:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

It's all this thread's fault. Though I probably would have got there eventually.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Being a recent ex-smoker I can confirm that the initial sugar rush from chocolate is the same as the first drag of a cigarette in the morning. My confession, I could be substituting ciggys with chocolate. This concerns me...

I had a dear friend that got addicted to crack, and when she cleaned up for a while, she replaced that addiction with chocolate.....she would literally eat an entire large bag of reese balls per day, among other chocolate even....she gained a TON of weight and just could not stop eating it, the DR told her she was using it to replace the crack, literally..... of course, she stopped eating the chocolate when she relapsed......this WAS my daughter's bio mother.....
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Well, not really. I am terribly jealous of him. He has lost over 50lbs since Christmas without dieting or exercising. He caught a stomach virus and lost his appetite for a week. He has just never gone back to eating as much as he did before he got sick. He has gone from 310 to 248. I am so tired of hearing that his pants don't fit, his belt is too big...

I am a jealous *itch.

I confess this would annoy me too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

A privilege? I have twins. Being able to park closer = safety. Clearly you've never had two small kids try to run off in a parking lot.

Nobody's responsibility but yours. Here's a thought--leave the kids at home if they are that out of control.

Yes because clearly 2yo twins can look after themselves and groceries will magically appear at my door.

And how is 'common courtesy' the same as 'responsibility'? You must be a very nice person to be around.
    I went to Target tonight to pick up one thing, and wound up finding clearance Talenti gelato. I only bought two, and am kind of regretting not buying a third. I'm either going to go over my calories to have some of both, or I'm going to try and exercise a little once I've put my son to bed.

(Hint: I'm definitely not going to do the second option)

Clearance Talenti? Is that a thing? Well I have to go to Target today to pick up cotton candy oreos anyway...
    sodakat wrote: »
    I can't find Hazelnut anywhere. Very limited flavors in the only 3 places I know of that carry Talenti. Some day...

55835802.png

The regular Hazelnut flavor you can only get at Target. The Hazelnut Chocolate Chip & most of the newer flavors I've found at Giant. I still can't find The Raspberry Cheesecake.

Shop Rite has the hazelnut chocolate chip one too. Probably my favorite. I wasn't that crazy about the raspberry cheesecake one... It had a little sour/Greek yogurt flavor in the cheesecake bites that disappointed me. I'm not too fond of Greek yogurt cheesecake... I'm always bummed when I want a good old cheesecake and end up with that kind.

Still can't find Tiramisu, which makes me sad. I actually gave my daughter some sea salt caramel yesterday and she absolutely loved it.

Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.

Because those of us who don't/can't have children get treated like second-class citizens in so many ways, both big and small. It happens to me on this site and it happens to me in real life.

It pisses me off to see people who get to have children taking them for granted, not caring for them properly and expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public...even though parents get tons of positive attention just for being parents, whether they are actually doing their jobs well or not. It's disgusting.

Being pregnant or having small children is not a disability, it is a choice. If you can't figure out how to manage that, don't have children to begin with. Nobody deserves a parade or a designated parking spot. The whole thing with baby-on-board signs and decorating cars with stick families is disgustingly self-congratulatory.

Oh wow wow that escalated quickly. How in the world is appreciating reserved parking spots 'not caring for the kids properly or expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public'? You really do seem extremely bitter, but once again, I'm guessing you won't get up in public transportation to give your place for a pregnant woman either.
    ohgeeque wrote: »

I am a jealous *itch.

Yeah I would be peeved too. My husband lost 15 pounds very easily, but again, he's probably gained them all back by now so...

My confession - I was really tired of hearing that everything that was wrong with me was 'because of my weight'. I really thought I was healthy too (well, considering that I have asthma). But it's amazing how healthier I feel now that I've lost the weight...

• MellyZN
    MellyZN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Have you tried Walden Farms peanut butter? Some people like it. It's zero fat, carbs, and sugar.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    more "my brain is a dick" confessions-

My friend invited me out to lunch today. For whatever reason, I am now scared of going. Will I overeat? undereat? what if there are peanuts/peanut oil (my daughter is allergic).

By the way, we eat out together once a week, so I dont know why I have decided that this week its super dangerous.

Will be going anyway.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I had a dear friend that got addicted to crack, and when she cleaned up for a while, she replaced that addiction with chocolate.....she would literally eat an entire large bag of reese balls per day, among other chocolate even....she gained a TON of weight and just could not stop eating it, the DR told her she was using it to replace the crack, literally..... of course, she stopped eating the chocolate when she relapsed......this WAS my daughter's bio mother.....

Yea... maybe trade chocolate for fruit. It's just not the same though. Definitely not smoking again though, I feel too good without them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I totally used the "stork parking" spots. My hips hurt so freaking bad in my last trimester I could hardly walk. I had to use the shopping cart like a walker just to get through the grocery store.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    My confession: I rarely ever meet my macros goals, even though I have no issues hitting my caloric requirements.

And not because I quick add calories.

It's because MFP is lacking the fourth (and arguably the most important) macro: ALCOHOL *swoons*

Why, MFP, WHY?!? How will I ever meet my macros goals, when you refuse to acknowledge the fourth macro, and when that fourth macro makes up a substantial number of my calories on a fairly regular basis??

I feel like MFP is judging alcoholics. Good thing THIS thread is reserved for those without judgement.

I haz a sad :(

If alcohol was a macro, I'd meet it every damn day!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession 1 - I miss this thread and can't wait to catch up.

Confession 2 - Flights to Orlando make me *kitten* despise Disney (both the World and Walt for creating it) and children in general (or maybe their *kitten* terrible awful parents).

Confession 3 - A hefty portion of my expense reimbursement will be for alcohol. I will defend myself with Confession 2 if challenged.

Confession 4 - So. Many. Peeps.

Yay! @tincanonastring is alive and well!!!