Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I can't find Hazelnut anywhere. Very limited flavors in the only 3 places I know of that carry Talenti. Some day...

55835802.png

The regular Hazelnut flavor you can only get at Target. The Hazelnut Chocolate Chip & most of the newer flavors I've found at Giant. I still can't find The Raspberry Cheesecake.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.

I like your pic :tongue:

You'd get along well with the one early in the thread who had to drown a jar of peanut butter for its crimes.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have never had talenti. I'm pretty sure I've had gelato...maybe? I'm nervous to try it because I already occasionally have to get Ben and Jerry's half baked...
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I have never had talenti. I'm pretty sure I've had gelato...maybe? I'm nervous to try it because I already occasionally have to get Ben and Jerry's half baked...

I find it to be incredibly satisfying for the calories it contains. Even a half portion is usually enough to satisfy a decent craving. Of course, I had like half a container the other night, but I had an insatiable craving. That's a whole different beast.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The Hazelnut one is one of my favorites. Enjoy! How is the Banana Swirl? I have seen it around, but I'm not sure if I would like it enough to buy it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession 1 - I miss this thread and can't wait to catch up.

Confession 2 - Flights to Orlando make me *kitten* despise Disney (both the World and Walt for creating it) and children in general (or maybe their *kitten* terrible awful parents).

Confession 3 - A hefty portion of my expense reimbursement will be for alcohol. I will defend myself with Confession 2 if challenged.

Confession 4 - So. Many. Peeps.

I don't even know much about you @tincanonastring but I did enjoy your posts and I'm excited to see what you post next!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.

I like your pic :tongue:

You'd get along well with the one early in the thread who had to drown a jar of peanut butter for its crimes.

I must say I like yours as well. He is my motivational buddy and my stress doll.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    If you can find it in your area, I'd also recommend Siviero Maria gelato. The tiramisu was amazing.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »

There are a lot of foods that I've read about on MFP that I've never tried before. The descriptions people give make them sound absolutely divine. It is about the time it really starts sounding good to me that I decide I will never ever try them. I do not need that much temptation in my life. ;)

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I need to find someone who buys talenti so I can try it, just to see if it lives up to the hype. Any more than a spoonful would make me sick, so not really worth it to buy it myself.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The Hazelnut one is one of my favorites. Enjoy! How is the Banana Swirl? I have seen it around, but I'm not sure if I would like it enough to buy it.

It reminds me of a dessert my mom used to make a lot: bananas cooked in butter with heaps of brown sugar. It's good but a little too sweet.

I did wind up practicing karate and doing push ups so I could fit it in my day, but since dinner was just a huge guess, who knows.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My favorite Talenti flavors are Egg Nog (seasonal), Salted Caramel Peanut (this is a newer flavor), Mediterranean Mint, Caramel Apple Pie, & Tiramisu.

The worst Talenti flavor in my opinion is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough,
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

I do that...only...it's homemade. I'll make treats: cookies, pies, crème brulee, icings, cakes, you name it...eat a li'l bit, then toss it. To the point there is hairbrush-hair all over it. And before anyone beats me up for making stuff & then tossing, I'm a very picky foody. If its not really really yummy to me, then why should I make others suffer. The delicious goodies will go out the front door. Afterall, I have a reputation. ;)

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am gassy as *kitten* right now and I don't care even a little bit.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.

Because those of us who don't/can't have children get treated like second-class citizens in so many ways, both big and small. It happens to me on this site and it happens to me in real life.

It pisses me off to see people who get to have children taking them for granted, not caring for them properly and expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public...even though parents get tons of positive attention just for being parents, whether they are actually doing their jobs well or not. It's disgusting.

Being pregnant or having small children is not a disability, it is a choice. If you can't figure out how to manage that, don't have children to begin with. Nobody deserves a parade or a designated parking spot. The whole thing with baby-on-board signs and decorating cars with stick families is disgustingly self-congratulatory.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

My name is Melissa. I was named after a CCR song, and a girl from the little house on the prairie books.

I feel it suits me.

Patricia. And I go by Patricia. I hate all derivatives of my name. Patty, Patsy, Trisha, Tricia, Pat. Yet people instantly shorten it and get offended when I correct them. If you didn't know me before I moved to NJ (when I started calling myself Patricia) you are not allowed to call me Patty. Family members and people who knew me before NJ call me Patty. My friends from the barn call me POF because I label everything with my initials.
  • Oberon21
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Added- if you share your name, please share your childhood name based insult.

Mine was "smell-issa"

Patty fatty foster. Still remember the kid who named me that. And my dad called my oldest sister Princess, the next sister Butch. I was Slug and my younger sister was Mouse. Guess which 2 of the 4 girls had weight issues.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.

Because those of us who don't/can't have children get treated like second-class citizens in so many ways, both big and small. It happens to me on this site and it happens to me in real life.

It pisses me off to see people who get to have children taking them for granted, not caring for them properly and expecting other people to watch out for their safety in public...even though parents get tons of positive attention just for being parents, whether they are actually doing their jobs well or not. It's disgusting.

Being pregnant or having small children is not a disability, it is a choice. If you can't figure out how to manage that, don't have children to begin with. Nobody deserves a parade or a designated parking spot. The whole thing with baby-on-board signs and decorating cars with stick families is disgustingly self-congratulatory.

Hmmm. I think understand where you are coming from and I am sorry you have had to deal with that. I don't think that the extension of benefits to some should come at the expense of others, ex parents using disable restroom and so disabled person cannot. However, I don't think this means that as a group parents of small children shouldn't get certain benefits. I do think Talkradio is right, in that the discussion is similar to vegan/meat eater. There are parents who go overboard with a sense of entitlement and there are people w/o kids who are hideously hostile to those who choose to procreate. I do supposed it gets obnoxious as a woman dealing with the implication that you are less than if you choose not to have kids.

I think we can agree to disagree about this topic, although I will say that I think the stick figure families are a tad bit dumb, I'm not sure people are doing it to brag. I think it is a means of celebrating something they have. If you haven't read this article/heard about the issue you should get a kick of it if though, given your views. http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/my-family-stick-figure-car-stickers-good-guides-for-criminals/

I did post a rude comment about you and I apologize, it was unnecessary and offensive. Sorry.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession: Now I want to know what everyone's name is. Hi, I'm Tami. And yes, everyone spells it wrong, even on Facebook where it is right in front of them.

My name is Ashley. It drives me crazy when people I don't know (bank people, call centre staff, etc.) or people that I have an acquaintance relationship (work colleagues/clients) call me Ash. I only like people I am close to calling me that. Also, for some strange reason people call me Angela. It happens all the time and I don't understand why.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Speaking of names, I still don't understand why Richard's surname is typically Dick. And who in the world would call their kid Dick, although it made for an epic season in Supernatural with Dick jokes.
    my hubby is richard and a 3rd. His dad goes by Dick and when my hubby is made at said dad he just calls him by his name. I have to admit looking my father in law in the face and calling him Dick took some getting used to.

My very first job there was a nice olde gentleman named Richard Kiss. Yes, he went by Dick. Even had a nameplate and everything that said Dick Kiss.