Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't see how parking spaces "reserved" for parents are an issue, especially since they aren't really regulated.

Though, as someone who was in a wheelchair and had to GO, please don't take up handicap stalls unless you absolutely have to.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I confess - I want to rear end this car.

5ffe3c16-e559-4531-8b7b-7d48cf2fdc49_zps3bhutfyz.jpg

I see it in the parking garage nearly every day and it makes me stabby.

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

You chose to have those children--it is your job to figure it out.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

That doesn't sound at all judgy! (rungirl - you better not let judgy pants know if you have a messy house because of said children!)

I'll just go ahead and assume that all of you lazy breeders have filthy homes. It's probably true at least 80% of the time.

Why do people have kids and completely give up on having any kind of standards?

I have standards. They might be lower than yours, but I have them.

If I were you, I'd ignore her. I've come to the conclusion that she's just a bitter old woman who can't procreate so she takes her anger out on those who can.

It would be a damn shame if this thread got shut down because we got all judgey on someone for their judgements. This is a thread where we turn the other cheek. I almost went down that road, too. Let's just leave it alone, shall we?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    On the subject of names, my son has a VERY Italian name......however, he is half Jamaican also.....so I have a pretty dark mixed child with a huge afro, actually used to be dreadlocks, whose name sounds like an old Italian man. Everyone thinks it's great lol.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Re: the vegan thread that was posted earlier... You could probably substitute "child free" for "vegan" and have the exact same conversation.

(Child free meaning the movement of people who are childless by conviction/choice and refer to people who have children as "breeders", not meaning people who are childless in general)

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.
  • Talkradio
    edited April 2015
    Options

On a related note, "Stork Parking" makes me stabby. So deeply stupid. Especially at hospitals where there are so many people who are actually disabled/ill who are more deserving of those close-in spots.

I've always thought that! It's healthy for a pregnant woman to walk. What about giving those parking spots to families with babies! I remember when I was a single mother of 2 babies under age 2, thinking they should have allowed me a reserved parking spot at the front of the lot.

Giving people with children so many special privileges in an already overpopulated world is so incredibly irresponsible. It makes me very angry.

That doesn't sound at all judgy! (rungirl - you better not let judgy pants know if you have a messy house because of said children!)

I'll just go ahead and assume that all of you lazy breeders have filthy homes. It's probably true at least 80% of the time.

It would be a damn shame if this thread got shut down because we got all judgey on someone for their judgements. This is a thread where we turn the other cheek. I almost went down that road, too. Let's just leave it alone, shall we?

We've missed your common sense. And your testosterone.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Added- if you share your name, please share your childhood name based insult.

Mine was "smell-issa"

Ste-Fanny

Kelly Jelly Belly or Kelly Smelly haha.
  • marissafit06
    edited April 2015
    Options

If I were you, I'd ignore her. I've come to the conclusion that she's just a bitter old woman who can't procreate so she takes her anger out on those who can.

Fair enough. Redacted. Please deleted the quoted section. Apparently this forum doesn't auto delete once quoted.
  • Talkradio
    Options

I saw the vegan thread. I don't really the need to argue. I don't really care how other people eat, my MIL is vegan and not the biggest fan of her grandkids chowing down on meat but w/e. She is generally polite about it and we make vegan food for her when she comes.

Same things with childless/child free people. I just don't get the overt hostility and obnoxiousness to strangers over the internet. You be child free and enjoy, no need to be disrespectful.

Yup. I have vegan/vegetarian friends and child free friends. No problem with any of it. I generally try to be as accommodating as I can be. But there are certain conversations that once they begin, I just walk away.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Added- if you share your name, please share your childhood name based insult.

Mine was "smell-issa"

Ste-Fanny

Kelly Jelly Belly or Kelly Smelly haha.

I think that second one was another Garbage Pail Kid. Who thought those would be a good idea??
  • Talkradio
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I went to Target tonight to pick up one thing, and wound up finding clearance Talenti gelato. I only bought two, and am kind of regretting not buying a third. I'm either going to go over my calories to have some of both, or I'm going to try and exercise a little once I've put my son to bed.

(Hint: I'm definitely not going to do the second option)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    fairy2b wrote: »
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

OMG ME TOO!!! It's all quantity for me too...I get this immense happy feeling when I look at a large portions and know that I can eat the WHOLE THING!!! It must be residuals from my days of emotional over eating. I feel the same way you do!!! I don't binge eat often, but when I do it's like a psych visit to the glory days.

LOL! My coworkers always laugh at my Jethro bowls of salad & are amazed that I can eat six cups of lettuce mix in one sitting.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    I went to Target tonight to pick up one thing, and wound up finding clearance Talent gelato. I only bought two, and am kind of regretting not buying a third. I'm either going to go over my calories to have some of both, or I'm going to try and exercise a little once I've put my son to bed.

Which ones did you get?

I'm in grad school and struggling to work on a paper I have due. I am making sooo many excuses it is just sad. I think I will go to Target tonight if I actually do some work to reward myself.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I sometimes go and hang out at the library, under the guise of "getting bedtime stories" for the children.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I recently started running outside (okay i did it once) and it went so badly, I just do not want to do it again. Ever. I know it's a terrible mindset but I was getting better at running on the treadmill and then I went outside and it was SO BAD AND HARD.

I feel you on that one. I have been running on the indoor track. As of May 1, its time to move it outside and I am not looking forward to it.

Why? I am curious why you HAVE to move outside if you have an indoor track you obviously enjoy more?

Summers are so short and I refuse to pay for a gym membership for the summer when I can exercise for free. Hubby is the runner but we do pretty much everything together. Right now we've been running track for about 30-45 minutes and then hubby and I will go play pickleball (think tennis but on a badminton court with a wiffle ball and two small paddles). Once it warms up, it will be tennis, biking, golf, which are all the fun things...and outdoor running. My work gym is free so I will still be doing my weights there (it is too small for a track)

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    When I have too many leftovers in the house and things are going to go bad, I feel like I need to consume as much as possible to reduce the waste. I have been trying to keep leftovers to a minimum to avoid this, but Easter was Sunday, so tonight, and tomorrow night, I will be having several desserts.....?
  • Talkradio
    Options
    I went to Target tonight to pick up one thing, and wound up finding clearance Talent gelato. I only bought two, and am kind of regretting not buying a third. I'm either going to go over my calories to have some of both, or I'm going to try and exercise a little once I've put my son to bed.

Which ones did you get?

I'm in grad school and struggling to work on a paper I have due. I am making sooo many excuses it is just sad. I think I will go to Target tonight if I actually do some work to reward myself.

Hazelnut and Banana Chocolate Swirl. I wish I had picked up the Double Chocolate. Those were the only ones on clearance.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I can't find Hazelnut anywhere. Very limited flavors in the only 3 places I know of that carry Talenti. Some day...

55835802.png
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.