Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Confession: it bugs me to no end when people bash fat people and assume they're unhealthy. ESPECIALLY strangers on the Internet who are just oh-so concerned about my "health" and obviously know a ton about my (perfectly great) physical health.

THIS.

I work for a lab company, so get a free blood work up every year. My bloodwork is AMAZING (so says my doc, who rarely has to see me). I just happen to have some extra weight on me. Much easier to deal with than poor health!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    When I see people eating total crap in the breakroom, especially after hearing them complain about a new shirt not fitting right, or old clothes, blah blah snore snore, I'll comment on their food like "OH THAT LOOKS SO DELICIOUS, I GOT PLAIN OLD BORING 8 OZ of PORK CHOPS AND 3 HARD BOILED EGGS, IS THAT MEXICAN STYLE CHEESE, ERMAGERD, I USED CELTIC SEA SALT AS MY FLAVOR ENHANCER"

they don't get the hint.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Hmmm... I have so many confessions I'm not sure which ones to put, but here are a few:

1. I am judgy... I try really hard not to be. I struggle every day with it and keep reminding myself "to each their own". But I've worked so hard and continue to work so hard at health and fitness sometimes I just want to hate on people who don't get it. I feel bad that I am like that and am trying very hard to change it! This is about me and my body/results and no one else.

2. I have gotten to a point with weight loss, muscles and working out that no matter how thin I get it will never be thin enough. I tear myself down to a point where my body simply has no more weight or fat to give... then I focus on re building with proper nutrition. I love the tear down period and I love being alarmingly skinny. But I am not stupid and will only take it so far.

3. I love it when I reveal my muscles/tone and get looks from people like "wow". Especially the guys in the gym LOL! Hey, I work hard, why shouldn't I enjoy that?

4. I once at an entire loaf of Chocolate/walnut Italian Bread baked by When Pigs Fly Bakery. I felt disgusting and promptly threw up half of the loaf immediately after. I promised myself that I would never do that again and I haven't. And I won't!

5. I like maintaining a feeling of being slightly hungry at all times.

6. Sometimes I could eat a stick of celery and worry that I'll gain weight, that's just insane LOL

7. There is no way I could have chocolate cake or regular peanut butter in my house!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Right now I am so frustrated because I have so much trouble finishing a paper that's way overdue. I decided I'm gonna take a way too long break and have some chocolate ice cream in the sun.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I went on a date last night with a man I'd met through a friend of a friend. We went to an Italian place for food before going to watch a mutual friend play a gig with his band. He asked me what I wanted to drink before going up to the bar, and I asked for a pint of beer. When he came back he had a glass of wine for me, which wouldn't have phased me if it was red or white but it was rose which I don't like, so I asked what had happened to the beer, since he had one for himself so obviously it wasn't like they'd run dry.
    His reply was 'oh sorry, I just find it really unattractive when girls behave like boys. Drinking beer, swearing, eating with their hands, it's a massive turn off'.
    He expressed surprise at the end of the night when I didn't sleep with him :D
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I went on a date last night with a man I'd met through a friend of a friend. We went to an Italian place for food before going to watch a mutual friend play a gig with his band. He asked me what I wanted to drink before going up to the bar, and I asked for a pint of beer. When he came back he had a glass of wine for me, which wouldn't have phased me if it was red or white but it was rose which I don't like, so I asked what had happened to the beer, since he had one for himself so obviously it wasn't like they'd run dry.
    His reply was 'oh sorry, I just find it really unattractive when girls behave like boys. Drinking beer, swearing, eating with their hands, it's a massive turn off'.

How could he expect you to sleep with him, when you should have been to busy vacuuming, baking and watching soaps? I'd buy a girl 2 pints one for each so we could play Edward 40hands.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

How could he expect you to sleep with him, when you should have been to busy vacuuming, baking and watching soaps? I'd buy a girl 2 pints one for each so we could play Edward 40hands.

Exactly. He should have just been impressed that I managed to leave the house what with all the ironing and daydreaming about weddings I have to do.
    I had to Google that game - but where I live we call it Amy Winehands. That's a first date activity that sorts the men from the boys.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Exactly. He should have just been impressed that I managed to leave the house what with all the ironing and daydreaming about weddings I have to do.
    I had to Google that game - but where I live we call it Amy Winehands. That's a first date activity that sorts the men from the boys.

HA HA HA! I shouldn't laugh, but that was funny...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My favorite Talenti flavors are Egg Nog (seasonal), Salted Caramel Peanut (this is a newer flavor), Mediterranean Mint, Caramel Apple Pie, & Tiramisu.

The worst Talenti flavor in my opinion is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough,

I NEED TO FIND THIS.

Telanti is amazing, but I'm still pissed that they have cocoa in their salted caramel. Caramel is the decadent substitute for non-chocoholics!

It's amazing, but still not as good as Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.

The only other Talenti flavor I despised was The Lisbon Lemon. I love sugar & even that was too much for my taste buds.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Is that real life? What a boorish nightmare.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    PLEASE stop with the child vs. child-free topic ... if this thread gets shut down I will hurt someone
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

People will judge regardless of what you do. Just do your thing & ignore what they think. I've lost around 150 pounds & used to have coworkers in the beginning of my weight loss ask repeatedly if I could have cookies or something else decadent on my diet. I always told them that what I was doing wasn't a diet & that I was eating more in a sustainable way for life. Now they know I eat whatever the heck I want including a lot of ice cream & always laugh about how much I talk about it.

No one should get annoyed that you don't want a snack for all they know you you could be allergic to something or not be hungry at that time. That said if it's something you like to eat & it fits in your calories for the day then indulge whenever you want to eat something delicious.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

@
    Talking about names, mine in Melany. Spelt with a Y at the end. NO ONE gets it right.

I've heard every variation on it. Melody, Melony, Melanie, even melANie (extenuate the "on") etc... I'm like just call me Mel, please.

Then there were *kitten* from high school who used to call me Smelany *sshole, because my last name rhymed with it. I was never amused by it.

Though it is funny now.

The there are my half siblings.
    Laurie
    Lisa
    Lance
    Lynnie
    Lon
    Lee.

Talk about all L's. It was VERY confusing growing up.

Also, another fun fact, my middle name and my sister's rhyme.

Even funnier? My mom and dad's do as well. Jane and Wayne. Hah, found it hilarious growing up.

My mother always used to say a rhyme to me as well;
    Melly Belly, Jelly Belly, Melly Belly boo. I thought it was cute.

@ddrhellbunny

My name is Melany, too!! I have only met like one other Melany who spells it with a Y. I get all the same wrong spellings as you do. Just call me Mel, too. Lol.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

Is that real life? What a boorish nightmare.

My favorite objection is eating with their hands. Hopefully the food/music was at least good.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options

Just... wow. So to fit his concept of femininity you have to drink pink drinks?

I'm surprised the night lasted long enough to get to the potentially "sleeping with" stage. The band must have been really good! :p
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession Number 2- I hate my husband.
    Well, not really. I am terribly jealous of him. He has lost over 50lbs since Christmas without dieting or exercising. He caught a stomach virus and lost his appetite for a week. He has just never gone back to eating as much as he did before he got sick. He has gone from 310 to 248. I am so tired of hearing that his pants don't fit, his belt is too big...

I am a jealous *itch.

My husband told me last night he's going with a friend to the gym on a guest pass to check it out. I'm happy that he's taking an interest, but he could tell from my face I was ticked about it. It irritates me that no matter what I do, I can never fix mine, so seeing him drop 30 without doing any real work pisses me off, even when I know it's irrational. If he's actually putting effort into it, like going to the gym, it'll only be because he's having fun doing it. I know if it's actual "work" he won't go. He'll still think it's some non-effort thing that I'm making harder than it has to be.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I really hope you refused to use utensils and swore like a sailor the rest of the evening.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Leggings are NOT pants. That is all. :#
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    My favorite Talenti flavors are Egg Nog (seasonal), Salted Caramel Peanut (this is a newer flavor), Mediterranean Mint, Caramel Apple Pie, & Tiramisu.

The worst Talenti flavor in my opinion is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough,

I NEED TO FIND THIS.

Telanti is amazing, but I'm still pissed that they have cocoa in their salted caramel. Caramel is the decadent substitute for non-chocoholics!

It's amazing, but still not as good as Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.

The only other Talenti flavor I despised was The Lisbon Lemon. I love sugar & even that was too much for my taste buds.

my favorite Talenti is Southern Butter Pecan.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Leggings are NOT pants. That is all. :#

My son was watching Kids React the other day, and they were asked what current fashion crimes would people making fun of 20 years from now. I was so proud to hear one girl screaming that leggings and tights are not pants.