14 day scarsdale plan starting Monday!!!

Options
Im starting this Monday the scarsdale diet its only 14 days and then mantaining. Ive done it before with excellent results bit thrn some break up and becoming a pastry chef made mr gain the weight back. I'll need the support and also encouragement. I find it very hard top be persistent, so littkr will.... But now ive met a very special person and i wish to be my best for him!!! Will you join me or at least support me?!?

Replies

• jasmine_sheppard
    jasmine_sheppard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No sorry.

Why not just eat at a calorie deficit?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    What is the Scarsdale diet And how does it make me lose weight ? what do I do after 14 days ?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this plan is but if it works for you good luck!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Scarsdale is a VLCD developed in the 1950's. There is no reason to do something this aggressive and unhealthy, especially if you only have 15 lbs to lose. Please reconsider putting your stats into MFP, selecting a healthy rate of loss, and eating enough to take good care of yourself.

This was big in the 70's, I didn't realize anyone even did this anymore :worried:
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    k6lk7k120vwj.gif

1, 2
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    k6lk7k120vwj.gif

I love this. I feel like I need to post it on my wall to remind myself - if I'm not enjoying my meals, I'm doing it wrong!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm always surprised when people say something like "I had excellent results" and "I've done it before"...together...when it comes to dieting.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm always surprised when people say something like "I had excellent results" and "I've done it before"...together...when it comes to dieting.

Agree. That's why when I hear the term 'diet' I almost insta-think that it is not sustainable. A person can eat like he isn't on a diet but just at a reduced calorie level and when he gets to his goal weight he just needs to switch to maintenance mode.
  • peranderson
    peranderson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I accept all your opinions, im a doctor, i do not starve myself. I use it as guidance to eat the menu they tell me plus milk and some other changes ive made to make it healthier. I just use the menú and the control with the bread since i tend to eat a lot. Ive been eating good and working out for some months without diet and i have not gained weight but also did not lose any, so its time to watch what i eat. Counting calories isnt healthy either if you look at it with judging eyes. Anyway... I guess i shouldnt have asked for support
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yup. I read it daily with with virtually every diet. MFP included.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    But OP is a doctor.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Are you a doctor or a pastry chef? Or both, because that is pretty interesting
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I accept all your opinions, im a doctor, i do not starve myself. I use it as guidance to eat the menu they tell me plus milk and some other changes ive made to make it healthier. I just use the menú and the control with the bread since i tend to eat a lot. Ive been eating good and working out for some months without diet and i have not gained weight but also did not lose any, so its time to watch what i eat. Counting calories isnt healthy either if you look at it with judging eyes. Anyway... I guess i shouldnt have asked for support

I have several issues with this post. The first being: you are a doctor. So you made it through all of your courses with poor grammar and spelling? Also, I don't think I have ever heard a physician say that counting calories is unhealthy for someone who needs to lose weight.

• arditarose
    Options
    pastry doctor
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Doctor of herbology imo
  • arditarose
    Options
    ehehehe
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    The heck with CICO, i'm starting this mañana!

"The Scarsdale diet claims the ability to help people lose an average of one pound per day"

*http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/diets/scarsdale-diet.asp
  • arditarose
    Options
    The heck with CICO, i'm starting this mañana!

"The Scarsdale diet claims the ability to help people lose an average of one pound per day"

*http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/diets/scarsdale-diet.asp

Sweet. I can do it for 5 days and finally get to my goal weight?!?!