Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Eudoxy wrote: »
    So really you can't tell how smart someone is unless you grab their a**

I foresee a new test for college admissions coming up.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    Im going to have to leave it here, because I don't see this getting resolved any time soon :disappointed: and the further it goes the more chance I have of offending someone, Which is not my intention.

So I guess the "simple" answer is: some women crave and need attention, others don't.
    I guess I wanted to know why the former feel this need and if or what happened in their life to make them like this.

Why did something have to happen in their lives to prefer a certain style? Don't you see something wrong with the thought that if a man wants to get in shape and take his shirt off it's ok, but if a woman gets in shape and shows off her hard work by wearing revealing clothes it's bad? Wow.

From your comments, it honestly seems like you're the insecure one. It seems like you're intimidated by these women. Why are we so afraid of the female body that it has to be covered and shielded so as not to torment the poor little fragile men who can't help but to look *tear*. What's wrong with having a little fun in life? Not everyone is uptight.

+1.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Well that way is more fun but you should be able to tell by how she's dressed.

But wait. Sometimes I wear leggings and low cut tunic tops. Does this make me smarter than when i wear shorts? Or does the tight nature of leggings cancel out the amount of skin covered?

I need to understand the rules.

This is hard.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

But wait. Sometimes I wear leggings and low cut tunic tops. Does this make me smarter than when i wear shorts? Or does the tight nature of leggings cancel out the amount of skin covered?

This is hard.

Idk, ask your husband for clarification.
  • Daiako
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

This is hard.

Idk, ask your husband for clarification.

He just looks really confused and I'm not sure there are enough hours in the day to truly explain this thread in the detail it deserves.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think the actual study is that children of a mother with a big bottom half tend to have higher IQs.

So....if you plan on having children do your squats?
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and in my profile picture, the bigger me is 136. I'm about 120 now. I'm blessed with a booty and have been working to keep it. I've experienced that I lose proportionally around my whole body, and I have a good shape, if I do say so myself! I love being able to see some muscle definition and moving from mostly cardio now to more of a mix of weights and cardio.
  • Daiako
    Options
    I think the actual study is that children of a mother with a big bottom half tend to have higher IQs.

So....if you plan on having children do your squats?

Ah. So we have low IQs but hypothetical children will have higher ones.

To some people that'd be a fair tradeoff actually.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ok help clarify this for me, and this is a serious non baiting honest question.

I'm walking along and in the the other direction comes a woman with her shirt half undone so her boobs are half hanging out, and to top this classy look off she's wearing those jeans shorts with half her butt cheeks hanging out.
    Is it wrong of me to instantly think "Trash", because that's the first thing that comes to mind. Why is she so insecure in herself that she has to parade her body around to get attention??

I've got a decent set of boobs, which i cover up because i have absolutely no desire to be ogled by strange men. My self worth is not measured by how many guys perve on me that day!!
    Now, if i go out dressed half naked and get perved on, i have no right to be pissed off because this was obviously my intention when i left the house this morning.

I don't know..... Perhaps i have more to offer the world than my banging body. And i choose not to be treated like an animal in the zoo and be leered at like a piece of meat.

For example when i go out walking i wear a baggy shirt and shorts. Why?? Because again, i don't want or need the attention. My husband gives me plenty of that!

Holy assumptions batman!

1) how on earth are you assuming she is insecure?
    2) why on earth are you assuming that this person's self worth is linked to how many people 'perv' on them that day.
    3) why on earth are you assuming what their intentions were?
    4) why on earth do you think that these people also do not have something to offer other than a bangin body?
    5) what has this to do with augmentation of boobs/butts? Its a statement as to someone's taste in clothes.

So....I show a lot of skin - so obviously I am only about my body, and insecure, have low self worth, and am showing skin solely to attract pervs and be leered at like a piece of meat. Franci however, is cool with me as I am not augmented.

Honesty, you post is one of the most out there, judgemental, narrow minded ones in this thread...and that's saying something.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

I'm walking along and in the the other direction comes a woman with her shirt half undone so her boobs are half hanging out, and to top this classy look off she's wearing those jeans shorts with half her butt cheeks hanging out.
    Is it wrong of me to instantly think "Trash", because that's the first thing that comes to mind. Why is she so insecure in herself that she has to parade her body around to get attention??

I've got a decent set of boobs, which i cover up because i have absolutely no desire to be ogled by strange men. My self worth is not measured by how many guys perve on me that day!!
    Now, if i go out dressed half naked and get perved on, i have no right to be pissed off because this was obviously my intention when i left the house this morning.

I don't know..... Perhaps i have more to offer the world than my banging body. And i choose not to be treated like an animal in the zoo and be leered at like a piece of meat.

For example when i go out walking i wear a baggy shirt and shorts. Why?? Because again, i don't want or need the attention. My husband gives me plenty of that!

Here's your answer: if being ogled bothers you, then you have the right to cover up. If she likes to be ogled, it's her right to show her goodies. Just because she enjoys sexual attention doesn't mean she doesn't have other things to offer as well. She could also be a brilliant artist who takes great pride in her paintings, for example. And it's not right of you to suggest she's inferior to you just because she enjoys sexual attention and you don't. Live and let live.

I didn't say she was inferior. My question was WHY. Why do some women crave and need that attention. In my opinion there's something wrong somewhere....
    I can only guess, insecurity

Yes you pretty much did.

Insecure, what happened in their live to need the attention, parade her body, self worth measured by the amount of perving they get, trashy.....

Your words.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Holy assumptions batman!

1) how on earth are you assuming she is insecure?
    2) why on earth are you assuming that this person's self worth is linked to how many people 'perv' on them that day.
    3) why on earth are you assuming what their intentions were?
    4) why on earth do you think that these people also do not have something to offer other than a bangin body?
    5) what has this to do with augmentation of boobs/butts? Its a statement as to someone's taste in clothes.

So....I show a lot of skin - so obviously I am only about my body, and insecure, have low self worth, and am showing skin solely to attract pervs and be leered at like a piece of meat. Franci however, is cool with me as I am not augmented.

Honesty, you post is one of the most out there, judgemental, narrow minded ones in this thread...and that's saying something.

What you should really be asking is what would your husband think?

*ducks*
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    So what if her shirt's half undone, her boobs whatever, her butt whatever? Maybe she's comfortable, maybe she likes feeling however she feels. Maybe, she's a mom who's a bit too warm, like the person who posted minutes before you. Maybe she's the opposite of insecure. Maybe she's dressing that way entirely for herself because she enjoys living in her body.

Nope. Don't buy it..

I've known women like that who are very comfortable with their bodies not insecure in the way you are trying to claim.

I find it funny that most of the time these women are deemed trashy, attention seeking or are supposedly super insecure by those who are very insecure themselves.

Not saying that all women who dress a certain way are above the tearing down of other women, but it's pretty lame to make such judgmental generalizations.

It is lame. It's really gross to see women who are so misogynistic. If I see a girl wearing a bikini top and short shorts at the supermarket, I assume she is either on her way from or to the beach, not that she is desperate for attention.

what do you think your husband would be thinking...

You do realize that a lot of women on IG, here and other social media sites have the pics taken by their SO, right???

Assumptions - you are a fan aren't you? For all you know the husband could totally love it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The time has COME.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm just popping in here, way off wherever the topic is because I haven't kept up at all. I was just thinking about how people have always said that I have a "big butt" (it was part of my nickname in high school, then again in college, and brought up in other places and times as well). Then I meet people that are considered to have a small butt. And we have the same size butt (same measurements, not same shape). It's just that my waist (and rib cage) are smaller, and my butt shape is round and perky, so my butt looks bigger in comparison (because it's 11 inches bigger than my waist).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Here's your answer: if being ogled bothers you, then you have the right to cover up. If she likes to be ogled, it's her right to show her goodies. Just because she enjoys sexual attention doesn't mean she doesn't have other things to offer as well. She could also be a brilliant artist who takes great pride in her paintings, for example. And it's not right of you to suggest she's inferior to you just because she enjoys sexual attention and you don't. Live and let live.

I didn't say she was inferior. My question was WHY. Why do some women crave and need that attention. In my opinion there's something wrong somewhere....
    I can only guess, insecurity

Why do people in general crave attention? Because they're people. I don't understand why when that attention is directed at her personality or some good trait she has it's acceptable, but when it's directed at her body with consent it's not. Is the human body a thing to be ashamed of? Why is it acceptable to think of sexuality as something degrading (piece of meat) but not of other traits? I don't understand that disconnect between the body and mind. They both make a person, and a person can be proud of both, putting them both on display if they choose to without having to be judged as "trash" on "insecure".

Well said!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    So what if her shirt's half undone, her boobs whatever, her butt whatever? Maybe she's comfortable, maybe she likes feeling however she feels. Maybe, she's a mom who's a bit too warm, like the person who posted minutes before you. Maybe she's the opposite of insecure. Maybe she's dressing that way entirely for herself because she enjoys living in her body.

Nope. Don't buy it..

I've known women like that who are very comfortable with their bodies not insecure in the way you are trying to claim.

I find it funny that most of the time these women are deemed trashy, attention seeking or are supposedly super insecure by those who are very insecure themselves.

Not saying that all women who dress a certain way are above the tearing down of other women, but it's pretty lame to make such judgmental generalizations.

It is lame. It's really gross to see women who are so misogynistic. If I see a girl wearing a bikini top and short shorts at the supermarket, I assume she is either on her way from or to the beach, not that she is desperate for attention.

My fiance is attracted to women, so if he saw an attractive woman he would probably think she's attractive. I can't read his thoughts - don't really care to - and he isn't going to dump me because he saw some chick in a bathing suit.

You are really insecure and assume that everyone is as insecure as you.

Ding ding ding!

Hey, I get it though. I have moments of insecurity, too. If I'm with a guy and he's checking out another girl, sometimes I might get that inner cringe. It happens - no one is perfect.

But, it's my responsibility to recognize where that is coming from and not project it onto an innocent woman and her wardrobe - or flip out at my man for being a human being.

I think this is a great response, really nicely articulates an attitude worth striving for, if people are unsettled by the confidence or physicality of other women. It does presuppose an acceptance of the ideas amusedmonkey and others expressed, about being okay with sexuality, and taking for granted every person's freedom and right to enjoy it.

i think it can be hard - many have grown up in sex-negative cultures, and/or with certain beliefs about men & women & relationships. it's worth examining those attitudes.

not entirely related to misogyny, but i did have to get rid of some stuff left over from catholic school and coming of age in the 90s, when fearmongering around sex was everywhere (because of the aids crisis). slight diversion, but just saying, this was on the radio when i was a kid -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpgYBYD-8gM
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Nope. Don't buy it..

My fiance is attracted to women, so if he saw an attractive woman he would probably think she's attractive. I can't read his thoughts - don't really care to - and he isn't going to dump me because he saw some chick in a bathing suit.

Ding ding ding!

Hey, I get it though. I have moments of insecurity, too. If I'm with a guy and he's checking out another girl, sometimes I might get that inner cringe. It happens - no one is perfect.

But, it's my responsibility to recognize where that is coming from and not project it onto an innocent woman and her wardrobe - or flip out at my man for being a human being.

I think this is a great response, really nicely articulates an attitude worth striving for, if people are unsettled by the confidence or physicality of other women. It does presuppose an acceptance of the ideas amusedmonkey and others expressed, about being okay with sexuality, and taking for granted every person's freedom and right to enjoy it.

i think it can be hard - many have grown up in sex-negative cultures, and/or with certain beliefs about men & women & relationships. it's worth examining those attitudes.

not entirely related to misogyny, but i did have to get rid of some stuff left over from catholic school and coming of age in the 90s, when fearmongering around sex was everywhere (because of the aids crisis). slight diversion, but just saying, this was on the radio when i was a kid -

I remember that song! :) And yes, completely this. I grew up in a very conservative family in a very conservative section of the Bible belt. It can be difficult to reevaluate the way you were raised. Worth it though.

You know, we often don't agree in other threads but I'm happy to find us on the same side of this discussion. It's kinda nice.
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    moesis wrote: »
    Your health should not be determined by current fads, how you feel tomorrow is determined by what you do to it today.

Do you think that's too fat still?
    Sometimes I'm delusional. So I want to know what others think

I agree with Angel. Your bmi is currently 26.5 - that is considered 'overweight' -
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    moesis wrote: »
    Your health should not be determined by current fads, how you feel tomorrow is determined by what you do to it today.

Do you think that's too fat still?
    Sometimes I'm delusional. So I want to know what others think

I agree with Angel. Your bmi is currently 26.5 - that is considered 'overweight' -

What magical health transformation happens between 24.9 and 26.5?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Nope. Don't buy it..

Ding ding ding!

I remember that song! :) And yes, completely this. I grew up in a very conservative family in a very conservative section of the Bible belt. It can be difficult to reevaluate the way you were raised. Worth it though.

You know, we often don't agree in other threads but I'm happy to find us on the same side of this discussion. It's kinda nice.

Quoting myself to say I worded that badly. I'm going to blame lack of coffee. I don't mean to imply that conservative culture is innately bad somehow. Just the one in which I grew up took a very negative view of sex imo. The day I got married as a virginal 19-year-old my mother told me that "good girls don't enjoy it too much." And that was pretty much the normal mindset.