Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    Hate to be pedantic, but re: that silly woman's comment that women with "over-sexualized bodies" tend to have low IQs... that's actually, like, the opposite of the truth. Hourglass and pear shape in women has been shown to be correlated with many positive health outcomes, including lifespan, fertility, and HIGHER AVERAGE IQ. Physical attractiveness is a product of an appearance of health/fertility/developmental fitness, and developmental fitness influences the development of the brain, which is, after all, just another body part.

Also I find her comments to be extremely sex-negative, victim-blamey, and cretinous.

I don't have a big butt, so I have no dog in this fight, but I'm dropping this link here anyway:

University Herald: Women with big butts are smarter and resistant to chronic illnesses

Sweet. Always knew my brain came from somewhere. Now I know. It's from my big butt.

Oh, so now women who aren't curvy are stupid? What if I'm an apple shape? I'm unattractive, asexual and dumb. Great.

I literally just said that "on average" does not equal "in every case". There are many brilliant non-curvy women.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hate to be pedantic, but re: that silly woman's comment that women with "over-sexualized bodies" tend to have low IQs... that's actually, like, the opposite of the truth. Hourglass and pear shape in women has been shown to be correlated with many positive health outcomes, including lifespan, fertility, and HIGHER AVERAGE IQ. Physical attractiveness is a product of an appearance of health/fertility/developmental fitness, and developmental fitness influences the development of the brain, which is, after all, just another body part.

Also I find her comments to be extremely sex-negative, victim-blamey, and cretinous.

I don't have a big butt, so I have no dog in this fight, but I'm dropping this link here anyway:

University Herald: Women with big butts are smarter and resistant to chronic illnesses

Sweet. Always knew my brain came from somewhere. Now I know. It's from my big butt.

Oh, so now women who aren't curvy are stupid? What if I'm an apple shape? I'm unattractive, asexual and dumb. Great.

I literally just said that "on average" does not equal "in every case". There are many brilliant non-curvy women.

Everyone else in this thread gets to be completely ridiculous. Why don't I get to join in?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Everyone else in this thread gets to be completely ridiculous. Why don't I get to join in?

You're sarcasm was a little hard to read- but I assumed with as ridiculous as we were going- that's what you were after. Lay it on a little heavier next time. MOAR. it'll work. :D
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

:huh:
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    742352.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

You're sarcasm was a little hard to read- but I assumed with as ridiculous as we were going- that's what you were after. Lay it on a little heavier next time. MOAR. it'll work. :D

:laugh:
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

I know, right? FFS.

This is like a weird anthropology thing for me. I honestly am so out of touch that I had no idea this body type was the new ideal. I came up in a college class full of eating disorders and not one "obese" person...all those poor girls were far slimmer than the new "ideal."

Just shows you what BS it is to subscribe to anyone's "ideal."

Your best bet is to maximize what nature gave you...if it's a big butt...go for it. Slim hips? Go for that. I think the natural/unnatural thing comes into play somewhat because one aspect of you tends to be linked to the others....and an ample bum goes with built quads and a substantial rack. My tiny ribcage and narrow shoulders would look silly with big boobs or butt.

tl;dr? shake what yo mama gave you.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

I know, right? FFS.

This is like a weird anthropology thing for me. I honestly am so out of touch that I had no idea this body type was the new ideal. I came up in a college class full of eating disorders and not one "obese" person...all those poor girls were far slimmer than the new "ideal."

Your best bet is to maximize what nature gave you...if it's a big butt...go for it. Slim hips? Go for that. I think the natural/unnatural thing comes into play somewhat because one aspect of you tends to be linked to the others....and an ample bum goes with built quads and a substantial rack. My tiny ribcage and narrow shoulders would look silly with big boobs or butt.

TRUE. No point spending time chasing what you don't have - spend that energy appreciating what you do got!
  • PikaKnight
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »

I know, right? FFS.

TRUE. No point spending time chasing what you don't have - spend that energy appreciating what you do got!

Why would it be a waste of time if you are able to get it? Even if it were to mean either saving up money for getting what you want or working to recomp your body to your ideal? If you are willing to do either, why would it be a waste if it is what you want?
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I know, right? FFS.

Every single combination exist and is natural. Plenty of women have slim hips and big boobs, or are tiny on top with big hips/butts. My niece is like that and she's gorgeous. It's nice for her that not the only "ideal" pushed anymore is slim. Slim is still plenty in style, too.
  • yesimpson
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

I know, right? FFS.

Why would it be a waste of time if you are able to get it? Even if it were to mean either saving up money for getting what you want or working to recomp your body to your ideal? If you are willing to do either, why would it be a waste if it is what you want?

It depends on the person I guess. If that solves your issue, go for it, that's great. If it's a case of simply being envious about what others have and feeling inadequate about yourself, I'm not sure that lifting weights/getting your nose done, for example, are always the solution. I think sometimes there can be a bit of a 'grass is greener' attitude to body image and attractiveness, and people don't always appreciate the body they were born with. Sometimes what we want isn't attainable for us in a healthy way and we need to re-evaluate what we're after.
  • TitaniaEcks
    Options

I know, right? FFS.

It depends on the person I guess. If that solves your issue, go for it, that's great. If it's a case of simply being envious about what others have and feeling inadequate about yourself, I'm not sure that lifting weights/getting your nose done, for example, are always the solution. I think sometimes there can be a bit of a 'grass is greener' attitude to body image and attractiveness, and people don't always appreciate the body they were born with. Sometimes what we want isn't attainable for us in a healthy way and we need to re-evaluate what we're after.

On the other hand, some people like getting lots of surgery, and if it makes them happy and they can afford it and it's not endangering their health, then what business is it of anyone's? My boobs are fake, and I'll be damned if I let someone give me crap about it. It was my choice to make. Ya know? :-)
  • yesimpson
    Options

I know, right? FFS.

On the other hand, some people like getting lots of surgery, and if it makes them happy and they can afford it and it's not endangering their health, then what business is it of anyone's? My boobs are fake, and I'll be damned if I let someone give me crap about it. It was my choice to make. Ya know? :-)

Oh absolutely. Gotta do what makes YOU happy.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    As I'm pregnant my boobs are up 3 cup sizes already. I'm an F. They look effing huge in comparison to the rest of me. Today at the grocery store some old guy was openly ogling them. But apparently that was my own fault for a) having huge boobs b) not covering them up completely in 80 degree weather and c) having sex in the first place and ending up knocked up (tut-tut!).
    In my experience, people that make disparaging comments about women and their sexuality usually have big issues around sex and sexuality themselves. That poster needs therapy.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ok help clarify this for me, and this is a serious non baiting honest question.

I'm walking along and in the the other direction comes a woman with her shirt half undone so her boobs are half hanging out, and to top this classy look off she's wearing those jeans shorts with half her butt cheeks hanging out.
    Is it wrong of me to instantly think "Trash", because that's the first thing that comes to mind. Why is she so insecure in herself that she has to parade her body around to get attention??

I've got a decent set of boobs, which i cover up because i have absolutely no desire to be ogled by strange men. My self worth is not measured by how many guys perve on me that day!!
    Now, if i go out dressed half naked and get perved on, i have no right to be pissed off because this was obviously my intention when i left the house this morning.

I don't know..... Perhaps i have more to offer the world than my banging body. And i choose not to be treated like an animal in the zoo and be leered at like a piece of meat.

For example when i go out walking i wear a baggy shirt and shorts. Why?? Because again, i don't want or need the attention. My husband gives me plenty of that!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    scarjo_popcorn.gif

(sitting out on this one)
  • TitaniaEcks
    Options

I'm walking along and in the the other direction comes a woman with her shirt half undone so her boobs are half hanging out, and to top this classy look off she's wearing those jeans shorts with half her butt cheeks hanging out.
    Is it wrong of me to instantly think "Trash", because that's the first thing that comes to mind. Why is she so insecure in herself that she has to parade her body around to get attention??

I've got a decent set of boobs, which i cover up because i have absolutely no desire to be ogled by strange men. My self worth is not measured by how many guys perve on me that day!!
    Now, if i go out dressed half naked and get perved on, i have no right to be pissed off because this was obviously my intention when i left the house this morning.

I don't know..... Perhaps i have more to offer the world than my banging body. And i choose not to be treated like an animal in the zoo and be leered at like a piece of meat.

For example when i go out walking i wear a baggy shirt and shorts. Why?? Because again, i don't want or need the attention. My husband gives me plenty of that!

Here's your answer: if being ogled bothers you, then you have the right to cover up. If she likes to be ogled, it's her right to show her goodies. Just because she enjoys sexual attention doesn't mean she doesn't have other things to offer as well. She could also be a brilliant artist who takes great pride in her paintings, for example. And it's not right of you to suggest she's inferior to you just because she enjoys sexual attention and you don't. Live and let live.
  • Christine_72
    edited April 2015
    Options

Here's your answer: if being ogled bothers you, then you have the right to cover up. If she likes to be ogled, it's her right to show her goodies. Just because she enjoys sexual attention doesn't mean she doesn't have other things to offer as well. She could also be a brilliant artist who takes great pride in her paintings, for example. And it's not right of you to suggest she's inferior to you just because she enjoys sexual attention and you don't. Live and let live.

I didn't say she was inferior. My question was WHY. Why do some women crave and need that attention. In my opinion there's something wrong somewhere....
    I can only guess, insecurity
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    So what if her shirt's half undone, her boobs whatever, her butt whatever? Maybe she's comfortable, maybe she likes feeling however she feels. Maybe, she's a mom who's a bit too warm, like the person who posted minutes before you. Maybe she's the opposite of insecure. Maybe she's dressing that way entirely for herself because she enjoys living in her body.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    So what if her shirt's half undone, her boobs whatever, her butt whatever? Maybe she's comfortable, maybe she likes feeling however she feels. Maybe, she's a mom who's a bit too warm, like the person who posted minutes before you. Maybe she's the opposite of insecure. Maybe she's dressing that way entirely for herself because she enjoys living in her body.

Nope. Don't buy it..