Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    If you are concerned about losing volume in your breasts, don't go under 140. I am 5'3" and went from 190 to 120 (over the course of a few years). I literally had skin bags which is NOT attractive. I resorted to. . . ahem. . . artificial volume to correct the problem. Having surgery is not much fun and nothing beats real ones!

On the other hand, I'm 5'4" and went from 170 to 122-123 and mine are fine. Proportionately they're bigger than they were before-- I went from a 36C to a 32D.

It's going to vary from person to person based on a lot of factors (mostly genetics).

Well you still lose a cup size.

I lost 80 pounds, I'm 5'5" and 132 pounds and I'm in 34D (or 36C). I was in 36 DD before. We're just pretty busty in my family.

For what it's worth, I shake my head at those huge artificial bums, personally. And yes I do judge the persons who do it as 'trash'.

Realistically someone probably feels the same way about something you do.

Personally I'm not bothered by such things but large butts are my aesthetic preference. I spend actual hours in the gym striving for a bigger backside even tho mine is already large. I'm sure someone thinks that makes me trashy but I probably don't much care for their aesthetic either.
  • LilLuLu4
    LilLuLu4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just found an old progress pic at 147 lbs. I definitely had more curve. (I only have one curve). But, technically over weight. My body definitely changed.

Overweight is such a...blah kind of thing when it comes to determining how one should look anyway. I'm overweight but I'm very happy with my physique. I have no desire to lose weight (I can't even be bothered to log more than once or twice a week because meeeeehhhhhh).

I agree, especially looking at these pictures. I was just bringing it up because a lot of people were scolding the OP for technically wanting to remain "overweight" since thick is in.

Yeah. Some people are...well. They seem to think that some magical internal transformation happens at 25 or 25.5 BMI that can only be remedied at 24.9. It's an odd kind of thing.

Anywho. I agree with you. Carry on.

Exactly! If you're healthy at 24.9 then gain 5 pounds, are you suddently unhealthy even though you can still complete the same activities at the same performance level? That's the most ridiculous thing. People don't seem to realize that BMI is highly inaccurate. And not just for body builders and athletes. It has a significant error rate when varying age, gender, and ethnicity and was never supposed to be used for individual assessment. I'm actually shocked that knowing this, many doctors still use BMI to classify their patients. Waist circumference is much more accurate.
  • christendamler
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain my weight but have problems eating enough to do that. I generally burn at least 500 calories a day with exercise and am always at least 500 calories under what I need to eat to maintain. Any advice on healthy foods to eat. I had a protein shake yesterday but was still under by about 500. Should I start having one everyday?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain my weight but have problems eating enough to do that. I generally burn at least 500 calories a day with exercise and am always at least 500 calories under what I need to eat to maintain. Any advice on healthy foods to eat. I had a protein shake yesterday but was still under by about 500. Should I start having one everyday?

I think you accidentally posted on the wrong thread?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Wrong thread for this. Seek help.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'2" and I've just gotten my weight down to 145. That was pretty much my goal.
    I'm now a size 10 in pants and an 8 in dresses. I'm thrilled and in complete awe of my body now.
    I have absolutely no desire to go further, at all.
    And I do not think I look 'thick' either. I think I look perfectly healthy now.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I really do think it's about what your personal goals are. I know there are so many external pressures as to how you should look or how much you should weigh. If you're at a healthy weight and you're happy with yourself, then work on maintenance. Don't conform to what you think others want you to be. It's about how YOU feel :)

I'm 5'1 and currently hovering between 127-129, I am not happy with where I am at yet, but am trying to change my own mindset to gauge how I look and fit in clothes rather than a simple number.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'2" and I've just gotten my weight down to 145. That was pretty much my goal.
    I'm now a size 10 in pants and an 8 in dresses. I'm thrilled and in complete awe of my body now.
    I have absolutely no desire to go further, at all.
    And I do not think I look 'thick' either. I think I look perfectly healthy now.

You look great
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    TOTALLY EVERYONE SHOULD CHOOSE THEIR HEALTH PATH BASED ON WHICH ATTENTION STARVED INDIVIDUALS ARE CURRENTLY ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWSPAPER CHECKOUT MAGAZINES.

Also, once you hit 30 or so, start shopping for icebergs, so you and your old *kitten* can float out to sea to die with some dignity.

I wanted to wander off, abandoned by society, into a desert for my old age plan, though. Can I huh?

This thread is surreal.

But we are the only ones who get to giggle at this thread and sing in our heads..."36-24-36? MAYBE IF SHE'S FIVE FOOT TWO!" because we remember when that was actually new.

OP, in all seriousness, just start lifting heavy. Get Strong Curves and follow that workout. Bret Contreras is kind of a douche, but he does know about building some glutes.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    stfuriada wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »

I don't think that's how she meant it. I think she meant that she's always thought women with more weight on them (esp in the bum) look good and that is just what happens to be a trend now. Not that she only likes whatever the current fad is as it changes through the years.

Yeah she did. See
    angellll12 wrote: »
    What's in is what I always liked. That's my vision of sexy, I used to think you always had to be super skinny to be hot- even though I never found that attractive. I tried to be that,

"What's in is what I always liked...I tried to be that" seems to be as straight up a confession as one can be, no?

"What's in now, is what I have always liked".... Can you understand it, if it stated this way?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY EVERYONE SHOULD CHOOSE THEIR HEALTH PATH BASED ON WHICH ATTENTION STARVED INDIVIDUALS ARE CURRENTLY ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWSPAPER CHECKOUT MAGAZINES.

Also, once you hit 30 or so, start shopping for icebergs, so you and your old *kitten* can float out to sea to die with some dignity.

I wanted to wander off, abandoned by society, into a desert for my old age plan, though. Can I huh?

This thread is surreal.

Dune style?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

This thread is surreal.

Dune style?

+1

• spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    dyemysoul wrote: »
    @JoRocka thank you! I actually rented the dress from a website called Renttherunway.com. I love this website... You can rent high-end designer dresses for between 30-600$$. Granted this dress was maybe $35 to rent. You get 2 sizes to make sure you get a good fit and you get a second choice dress for free. The jewelry was rented as well. I've used this site numerous times and have excellent results everytime. Even when I needed to lose weight I got a great dress that fitted perfectly.

@dyemysoul you have seriously JUST made my night. For real. I needed to hear this. I'm on the hunt for some things. So yes. You win the internet. Cthulhu bless you.

Thank you! Thank You! I also needed this soo much. OMG! Lovely dresses. I have a wedding to attend and didn't want to spend a fortune for one night. So Perfect!

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    tsbu910ilte6.jpg

This is me. 5'2. On the left I was 171 on the right I'm 124. It's all on how you carry it, and obviously 150-170lbs would not look right on me.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about losing volume in your breasts, don't go under 140. I am 5'3" and went from 190 to 120 (over the course of a few years). I literally had skin bags which is NOT attractive. I resorted to. . . ahem. . . artificial volume to correct the problem. Having surgery is not much fun and nothing beats real ones!

On the other hand, I'm 5'4" and went from 170 to 122-123 and mine are fine. Proportionately they're bigger than they were before-- I went from a 36C to a 32D.

It's going to vary from person to person based on a lot of factors (mostly genetics).

I lost 80 pounds, I'm 5'5" and 132 pounds and I'm in 34D (or 36C). I was in 36 DD before. We're just pretty busty in my family.

For what it's worth, I shake my head at those huge artificial bums, personally. And yes I do judge the persons who do it as 'trash'.

I agree. Even at my thinnest back in high school I was still a DDD/EEE. Damn the women in my family for cursing us with a giant chest. I had a reduction in my early 20's though so it no longer effects me. THank God. However my sister has not had a reduction and her being 5'2 and 150# has boobs so big (natural) that she has to make her own bras otherwise they are hundreds of dollars and can only find them online. Her band is only a 32 but she is in the H or I department. It's sad really and uncomfortable.

The fake stuff...I agree are not sexy. I think the real parts of women should be loved and appreciated more than fake idolized. I do realize I'm not all real anymore but I didn't have a reduction to look sexy I did it because my back and neck hurt when I wasn't overweight and I was 20....I couldn't imagine what it would feel like today if I hadn't had one.

Dyemysoul, I can't believe your sister is making her own bras. She must be really talented! Another option she may want to consider is Ewa Michalak http://www.ewa-michalak.pl/About-me-cabout-eng-3.html . She makes a large range of sizes. I like that I can get a half-cup, plunge, or padded bra in my cup size (which is larger than your sister's). For some reason, bra makers think that if you have big boobs you must want unpadded. I already have big boobs. If you can see my nipples on top of it, it's just ridiculous! It's not like the little bit of padding in a bra is going to make me look any bigger, but it will make me less self conscious. They are very reasonably priced, but it does take about a month usually to get them--she makes them to order.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, any consensus on "cushion for the pushin'" yet?
    'cause that's my favourite...

Also, when people say "curvy", do they mean positive or negative curvature? I'm guessing global since all humans are both locally negatively curved (wrist) and locally positively curved (forehead).
  • nejhill
    nejhill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to judge based upon how weight looks on you. My weight for a healthy BMI range is between 115-158. I look like an anorexic teenager at 115 lbs so I would NEVER do that to myself.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    However my sister has not had a reduction and her being 5'2 and 150# has boobs so big (natural) that she has to make her own bras otherwise they are hundreds of dollars and can only find them online. Her band is only a 32 but she is in the H or I department. It's sad really and uncomfortable.
    I'm just curious if this is still true? There are lots of shops now catering to the busty (at a correct band size). Like http://www.brastop.com/ they are totally awesome. Yes I know it's online but prices are very reasonable and a 32H is very easy to come by at that shop. And they ship international. I ordered from them many times, back before I deflated.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    So, any consensus on "cushion for the pushin'" yet?
    'cause that's my favourite...

Also, when people say "curvy", do they mean positive or negative curvature? I'm guessing global since all humans are both locally negatively curved (wrist) and locally positively curved (forehead).

don't be weird
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Realistically someone probably feels the same way about something you do.

Personally I'm not bothered by such things but large butts are my aesthetic preference. I spend actual hours in the gym striving for a bigger backside even tho mine is already large. I'm sure someone thinks that makes me trashy but I probably don't much care for their aesthetic either.

My issue is people spending money to make it big enough to look like a cartoon character. Not with people with a naturally larger butt (even if they go to the gym to make it bigger - it still won't look as huge as the pictures above).