how many calories burned with 30 day shred levels?

Options

Replies

• ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you want to find out how many calories you burn, compare it to the standard.. set up as a preportion
    154 lbs your weight
    ______ = _________
    503 calor ies x (how many calories)

cross multiply to get 154x= 503 *your weight
    divide your weight answer by 154
    that will be how many calories your burn in one hour
    divide by 3 to find out how many calories you will burn in one 20 minute session

I'm confused. Where does the 503 calories figure come from?
    Can someone do mine? I am 5'4" and 124 lb.
  • kristinlbrammer
    kristinlbrammer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ninpiggy, I'm 5'4'' and 127lbs. I always just calculate 180 calories per 20 minutes. This seems to be the closest aproximation considering I vary between 123-130lbs. ALSO, if you use the "circut training" exercise in the database that will be VERY close.
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and 158lbs. i average 200 calories per work out with all levels according to my HRM watch
  • jebert11
    jebert11 Posts: 5
    Options
    its a dvd by jillian michels from the biggest loser... it is 3 levels of circuit training....1 is the easiest..(not easy lol) 2 is harder and 3 is the hardest.. its her 3..2..1.. system 3 minutes of strength....2 minutes of cardio..and 1 minute of abs...for 3 sets of each making it a 20 minute killer workout... i have done all 3 levels and worked my way up its super hard but it works..im noticing more tone and definition that i havnt seen since before i had my first baby ....lol its 9.99 at wal mart give it a shot...good luck
  • inmynewness2010
    inmynewness2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning and loved it! I added Level 1 to the Fitness Pal database at 190 calories.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Really! I've done level 1 and 2 and I've sweat a lot! Some people just don't sweat as much! I have a friend who is like that! Don't worry keep doing it? I have a question though! Do you think it works even if i only do it 5 days a week?
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If you want to find out how many calories you burn, compare it to the standard.. set up as a preportion
    154 lbs your weight
    ______ = _________
    503 calor ies x (how many calories)

cross multiply to get 154x= 503 *your weight
    divide your weight answer by 154
    that will be how many calories your burn in one hour
    divide by 3 to find out how many calories you will burn in one 20 minute session

Thank you for this!
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :happy: thanks that helped alot ! i burn 167 a workout ,anyone have any more details on how this plan works? i just started today
  • LEVARMYWIFE01
    LEVARMYWIFE01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input. My friend and I just started this and we were wondering how many calories you burn!
  • LEVARMYWIFE01
    LEVARMYWIFE01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering what you put the exercise under? Did you list it under cardio, strength training, or both? Thank you! :)
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    When I googled this it says Jillian Michaels 30 day shred burns
    503 calories per hour
    Assuming weight of 154 lbs or 70 kg
    I'm almost double that weight so am I burning twice the amount of calories that it say? (Gosh I hope so!)
    I'm on day five and I am still sweatting my patootie off.
    I'm new to this site today and was trying to figure it out and your post came up in my bing search

That is probably not far off depending... I weigh 172 and did levels 1 & 3 together this morning (approximately 57 minutes) and my HRM said I burned 446 calories.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering what you put the exercise under? Did you list it under cardio, strength training, or both? Thank you! :)

I have her videos and I put it under circuit training. Now I have a Polar FT4 HRM. So it says I burn 185 so now I just make up an exercise I put 30 shred.
  • FinallyFit28
    FinallyFit28 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nice, you've done a great job. It's hard to lose the weight and keep the motivation up after having kids. Great Job; would you like to add me on here? Take care
  • Susanpv
    Susanpv Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    bump I asked this question in another topic today at 3:20 pm and no one answered. Thank you all so much!
  • statia152
    Options
    I did the formula that someone so kindly posted and checked it against the website http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php and it was only a 12 calorie difference. And all this time I've been logging it in as "calistenics - lite to moderate", giving myself 153 burned for the whole workout!!!! Silly me
  • jamaicaqueen24
    jamaicaqueen24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It depends on your weight on how much you burn..im 148lbs and burn 178calories doing level 1..im on day 8 tomorrow:) you log under cardio. circuit training 20mins!
  • statia152
    Options
    It depends on your weight on how much you burn..im 148lbs and burn 178calories doing level 1..im on day 8 tomorrow:) you log under cardio. circuit training 20mins!

And I weigh 236, so I wasn't giving myself enough credit. I was actually burning 281 for 20 mins -- not 153. I just went back and re-did my exercise journal for the week. Much better numbers!!