Options
12346»

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    :'(:'(:'( I live in Iowa, couldn't get a proper bagel to save my soul

Minnesota here. Don't you have any Brueggers in IA? They are the real deal (NY style bagels) I grew up here in a suburb of Mpls with a big Jewish population, and several Jewish deli's, so I have had good bagels all of my life.

As with most food, work it into your calories. It is all about calorie deficit CICO. Pre-MFP, I had one every morning. Now I have one occasionally. A lot of calories, but worth it for me.

We have Breuggers in Cedar Rapids...not sure about the rest of the state.

I have 1/2 toasted bagel with egg, meat and cheese for breakfast a couple times a week. Not sure that anyone really cares...but seemed as good of a thread as any to get that off my chest.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    lulucitron wrote: »
    I don't care for bagels myself but if they're your vice, then fit one in a day. Mine is ice cream but I'm buying my own ice cream maker and making healthy ones from scratch.

Oh and Montreal is good for poutine, interesting French and hydro...since they provide most of the hydro for the east coast of north america.

As someone who went to college in Maine, I will add that the entire province of Quebec is good for having a low drinking age.

Also, as someone descended from 18th c Quebequois millworkers? Also excellent for superbold eyebrows.

Very true! Also an amazing jazz festival in the summer!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »
    JarethG wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I've never liked bagels; way too tough and chewy and always seemed odd to me. Then I found out they were boiled in water and understood why they were that way.

Not surprised to see you give an opinion like that.

I'm from New Orleans, where REAL bread is served.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm pretty sure if you want real bread, you have to go to Europe. European bread puts anything in North America to shame.
    Not any more......or at least that's been my experience over the last decade.....

Too true and what a great thing.

And as far as NOLA? OK, I'll give you beignets; but come out to SF for some fresh, hot, crusty sourdough.
    Yes.

However, you can still get better beignets in SF.

Do tell! Where can I get an outstanding beignet in SF, because I will be there!

ermagerds, gotta remember where I was. Union street, drunk as a priest.

there was a server named cheyenne.

That narrows it down to like 114 places. Do post back if you remember - been awhile since I've had a beignet (and last time it was meh).

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    xesixb wrote: »
    Mouth watering.

Indeed they are. I have actually never seen sun dried tomato bagels anywhere else, although I'm sure they exist. Plus, the oregano helps make it better.

They also have blueberry bagels, which are good too, and again I have not seen elsewhere.

I should stop. ;)
  • BeaBizzy
    BeaBizzy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    :'(:'(:'( I live in Iowa, couldn't get a proper bagel to save my soul

Minnesota here. Don't you have any Brueggers in IA? They are the real deal (NY style bagels) I grew up here in a suburb of Mpls with a big Jewish population, and several Jewish deli's, so I have had good bagels all of my life.

As with most food, work it into your calories. It is all about calorie deficit CICO. Pre-MFP, I had one every morning. Now I have one occasionally. A lot of calories, but worth it for me.

We have Breuggers in Cedar Rapids...not sure about the rest of the state.

I have 1/2 toasted bagel with egg, meat and cheese for breakfast a couple times a week. Not sure that anyone really cares...but seemed as good of a thread as any to get that off my chest.

I like these half bagel ideas. I had a half bagel yesterday and it was satisfying enough. Sounds like a great breakfast san ... thx ;)