I just want flat abs and a flat stomach for once!

Options
Is anyone else in the same boat. I mean last time I had those I was about 14 (now 22) and weighed about 8 stone. I know if I do get down to 8 stone though, that I won't be guaranteed it, and also probably look anorexic. I'm 163cm, medium frame.Last time I saw a weight loss I was 133lb. I have set my sights on target at 119lb. Anyway. That's why I'm hoping with weight loss that it will go, but there is still heaps of fat on my stomach and abs and it grosses me out. It's skinny fat, you know?! I feel like it shouldn't be this way. I don't have the patience to eat healthy and work out. I know that's the only other way. It just gets me a bit down. It's my goal to have a good body and that means a flat stomach and basically no fat on the abs. When I stand, alright, it looks sort of okay, when I sit, it's just not good at all. Anyone in the same boat. I just really want a flat stomach and flat abs :(

Replies

• ImAJH
    ImAJH Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Me want abs
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If I have to, in the future, I will resort to lipo I reckon.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, but "perfection" is overrated. When I was 23 I had a six pack. Of course, I worked out obsessively, ate at an outrageous deficit, and also took diet pills to get there, but at the time that seemed totally normal. These days, while I would LOVE a totally flat tummy, I'd really just settle for good health. My ego misses my old body, but it was unsustainable for one, and the crazy *kitten* I did to get it didn't make me happy for another. Being physically "perfect" doesn't guarantee happiness.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

You do realise Lipo won't keep fat at bay right?
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

Yeah, which is why I'd do MFP at the same time.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things, put them back down.
    Repeat.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Repeat.

I don't think I'd want to build much muscle and I don't think I'd want to pay an obscene amount for the gym either :/ but I'll keep it in mind.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Repeat.

I don't think I'd want to build much muscle and I don't think I'd want to pay an obscene amount for the gym either :/ but I'll keep it in mind.

You don't build muscle in a calorie deficit especially as a woman. Do some research.

Also fork putdowns and table pushaways will go far in a flat stomach.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If you want a flat stomach and abs, have the patience to eat healthy and work out. :Lipo is way more obscenly expensive than a gym, but all you really need is to eat less and move more. If you really want to get there with out a gym, start running. Well, walk, then walk faster then start jogging a little bit, then jog some more, then start running. By this time next year you will have a flat stomach and some great abs if you start now. I mean, patience or not, you be happy not looking the way you do today this time next year.

Oh yeah, and pilates. They rock.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Repeat.

A flat stomach comes from low body fat.
    Low body fat comes from having muscle.

You are right when you say that you could diet down to a very low weight and still not have a flat tummy or abs. You need to do the muscle building part in order to get the look you say you want. Go read the "So you want a nice stomach" thread that's stickied at the top of this forum.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't have the patience to eat healthy and work out. I know that's the only other way. It just gets me a bit down.

It sounds like you know what you need to do. It can be difficult getting started, but once you have developed healthy habits and routines, being fit becomes much easier. It can be incredibly rewarding and satisfying. I'd encourage you to read some of the intro threads, like http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1 and http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/872212/youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

Like other people have pointed out, lipo won't be a long-term solution, more like a band-aid, unless you make some lifestyle changes. Good luck!
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Me too (plus I'm old, so add some wrinkles :# ). I do know that I consciously try to hold my stomach taut (working those muscles) standing, sitting, lying whenever I think about it.

Using a ball and turning it out from side to side (arms held to front - shoulder height, then turn to left, then right) is supposed to help some on those muscles. I also have the "Aunt Louise Disease" - those ugly arms that hang down on the upper part. The worst part is that I LOST my bum!! (Flat as a pancake, not so sexy). Wish I could just turn my torso around and put the tummy in the back and the bum in the front LOL. Good luck!
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Oh can you post where is giving away free lipo :D seriously though you don't need to spend loads on a gym. Get a home workout DVD like 30 day shred, put the work in and it will pay off.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Repeat.

A flat stomach comes from low body fat.
    Low body fat comes from having muscle.

You are right when you say that you could diet down to a very low weight and still not have a flat tummy or abs. You need to do the muscle building part in order to get the look you say you want. Go read the "So you want a nice stomach" thread that's stickied at the top of this forum.

Read some of it, but I have trouble with reading. I'm not a dyslexic, from what I know, but when I see all those words it's hard to concentrate and then I have to think about what the meaning is etc. I know it sounds nuts and not normal. I'll ask my doctor about it.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    bump
  • randomtai
    Options
    I don't think I'd want to pay an obscene amount for the gym either...

Lipo is a lot more expensive than a gym membership...

I don't have the patience to eat healthy and work out.

Then you don't want it bad enough. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is anyone else in the same boat. I mean last time I had those I was about 14 (now 22) and weighed about 8 stone. I know if I do get down to 8 stone though, that I won't be guaranteed it, and also probably look anorexic. I'm 163cm, medium frame.Last time I saw a weight loss I was 133lb. I have set my sights on target at 119lb. Anyway. That's why I'm hoping with weight loss that it will go, but there is still heaps of fat on my stomach and abs and it grosses me out. It's skinny fat, you know?! I feel like it shouldn't be this way. I don't have the patience to eat healthy and work out. I know that's the only other way. It just gets me a bit down. It's my goal to have a good body and that means a flat stomach and basically no fat on the abs. When I stand, alright, it looks sort of okay, when I sit, it's just not good at all. Anyone in the same boat. I just really want a flat stomach and flat abs :(
    Wishing it ain't gonna happen and if you have no patience to eat better and workout, then your choices are: acceptance or lipo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • josefina_22
    josefina_22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Lifting won't make you build that much muscle, so many women are afraid of lifting cause they think they'll turn bulky and stuff! Not true, those women who are "bulky" put in a lot of work and effort to get there!! Get a membership at planet fitness (; only 10 dollars a month! It's great, it's got the basics nothing fancy. I'm with you on the Getting abs though, hopefully one day *fingers crossed*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

Yeah, which is why I'd do MFP at the same time.
    This is odd. Basically on MFP you're learning to control calories. So why no patience to with more control since you are doing it now?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• gabrielleelliott90
    Options

Lifting won't make you build that much muscle, so many women are afraid of lifting cause they think they'll turn bulky and stuff! Not true, those women who are "bulky" put in a lot of work and effort to get there!! Get a membership at planet fitness (; only 10 dollars a month! It's great, it's got the basics nothing fancy. I'm with you on the Getting abs though, hopefully one day *fingers crossed* [/quote]

I'm not American, but maybe I can find something that is £10 a month. I'll look around.