Oh good lawdy...

Wtf has that list got to do with sugar?

You do not detox from sugar

Random infographic is random.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Went on a coffee date this morning, guy was adamant that sugar is evil (I think he even used those exact words). Needless to say I will not be seeing him again.

I am pretty sure that word does not mean what most people seem to think it means.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Hovercat wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Lots of people already eat that way, myself included (however cream and cheese has stayed with me because yum) so this 21 day plan is my 520ish day plan and going strong. Half the "do not eat" list is common sense but people get scared when they think of no sugar and then make up all sorts of crap on why it's unattainable instead of actually giving it a go and realizing it's really not that hard.

So because you think some food is crap that means it's crap for everyone? Why does anyone have to give up that stuff?

Agreed. Because YOU think something is crap (or...something), doesn't mean everyone does.

I don't recall calling anything crap. But thanks for playing.

Also, YOU....lol

LOL indeed.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am aware, however I eat enough protein to maintain muscle but not enough to have gluconeogenisis occur. I don't know why my way of eating seems to bite your *kitten* so hard. It works, it's easy, athletes do it, doctors are starting to recommend it, the only problem is dealing with people like you who try to find fault in it, but fail.

Wut?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Lots of people already eat that way, myself included (however cream and cheese has stayed with me because yum) so this 21 day plan is my 520ish day plan and going strong. Half the "do not eat" list is common sense but people get scared when they think of no sugar and then make up all sorts of crap on why it's unattainable instead of actually giving it a go and realizing it's really not that hard.

Wut?

Avoiding couscous is common sense?
    Avoiding nuts is common sense?
    Avoiding sweet potato is common sense?

I could go on.

Most of that no list has nothing to do with sugar.

Why would someone want to even try to restrict a bunch of random foods?

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    JessieLMay wrote: »

So because you think some food is crap that means it's crap for everyone? Why does anyone have to give up that stuff?

Well, yes, most of that food IS crap. Not all, but a lot of it.

lmao - have you actually read what is on the list? Really?

What do you define as crap?

I have seen crap used in the context of food a lot on here, but never about sweet potatoes, peas, 'fruits of all kinds', lentils, spelt. Wow, just wow!!

• Sarauk2sf
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How is this restrictive? lol. I have a sugar addiction as bad as a heroin addiction (Doctors words) and this seems SUPER easy to do. I am so glad I seen this....I start this tomorrow. I would today but I had some Dr Pepper already lol

Offensive post is offensive.

Also, lol at not restrictive.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Went on a coffee date this morning, guy was adamant that sugar is evil (I think he even used those exact words). Needless to say I will not be seeing him again.

Did he also advise a sugar detox? I might know someone just for him! ;) (ETA: the someone is referring to someone I met IRL who said she drinks lots of water to remove toxins in her eyes lol)

Ha we should definitely get them together! Miles of ocean is no problem I'm sure.
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

I am pretty sure that word does not mean what most people seem to think it means.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure my eyes rolled. More than once. Just so you guys are aware, the sugar in fruit and veg is okay because at least those things have some nutrients in them, but Coke is just poison. Your body can't deal with that.

When he said 'saying a little bit of sugar is okay is like saying a little bit of tobacco is okay' I was so tempted to reach into my bag for said tobacco and start rolling a cigarette. Smoking is incredibly bad for me, I know that and would never deny it. It is in no way comparable to the teaspoon of sugar I had across three cups of tea during this ordeal.

It took all my strength to remain polite and exit as gracefully as possible.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This feels appropriate.....
    qlcxrsxpwhpz.jpg
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Definitely people shouldn't talk about their religious beliefs on a first date :smile:

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    How is this restrictive? lol. I have a sugar addiction as bad as a heroin addiction (Doctors words) and this seems SUPER easy to do. I am so glad I seen this....I start this tomorrow. I would today but I had some Dr Pepper already lol

Offensive post is offensive.

Also, lol at not restrictive.
    Sara's on a roll. ;)

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Definitely people shouldn't talk about their religious beliefs on a first date :smile:

Guess I am an atheist in this respect too then, since I don't believe there is any such thing as bad food :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

OMG, I can just picture you sitting there, stuck at the table listening to the derp. I'd have stirred extra sugar into my coffee just to annoy him.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Did he also advise a sugar detox? I might know someone just for him! ;) (ETA: the someone is referring to someone I met IRL who said she drinks lots of water to remove toxins in her eyes lol)

Toxins in her EYES?

HAHAHAHAHAHA? The nuns used to just tell us we'd go blind.

Um, maybe that was something different.

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

Toxins in her EYES?

HAHAHAHAHAHA? The nuns used to just tell us we'd go blind.

Um, maybe that was something different.
    Well she said toxins make her eyes go red. Maybe it IS from all the self-loving.
  • MsGrumble
    Options
    I'm all about removing *refined* sugars, but this diet seems a bit extreme. I have to agree with MrM27, what happens on day 22? A restrictive diet like this will eventually just send someone back to square 1.

Plus, I cannot live without my tasty, healthy fats (like low-sugar PB or legumes.) :wink:

Do what's right for your body, but consider removing just a few bad things from your diet instead of a whole bunch of really, actually-healthy, great-for-you foods!

Ps: No need to cut wine in small quantities, even for only 3 weeks! http://www.medicaldaily.com/red-wine-burns-fat-and-lowers-blood-pressure-plus-5-other-health-benefits-winos-321382
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Natural, chemicalz, toxic....the buzz words of woo