1,000 Calorie Challenge!

Options
Some time ago I was in a challenge where I burned 1,000 calories a day for 7 days and it really helped to boost my weight loss. I'm starting the same challenge again tomorrow, if anyone would like to join me.:) All you have to do is burn 1,000 calories a day for 7 days and I will be posting in this forum every day to see how everyone is doing. I can't wait to start this challenge, and if you would like to join me just comment with, "I'm in!" Thanks everyone! Hope to see you there!

Replies

• viethan
    viethan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    If I knew what I was actually burning I'd join for sure. I'm getting tracking device w/ HRM next month. I'm still not sure which one to get. I was set on a FitBit Charge HR, but am getting mixed feedback about it. Yesterday I worked out 110 minutes throughout the day (not counting other activity). I have not missed one day in 19 days of workouts and getting addicted to it! MFP Shows me burning over 1000 yesterday, but don't trust the calculated burns. I feel like I burned that, but ya know :blush:
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Woo! I'm so excited I'm not going to be alone in this:) I love to have friends to help stay accountable along the way and motivate each other!
  • mskurski
    mskurski Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in. I typically do 500 a day, but I will do my routine in the morning and again after work. So, how does the work? Do I keep you posted on here? Or do we become friends? I need challenges like this.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Everyone burns 1,000 calories at a minimum just to stay alive.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Everyone burns 1,000 calories at a minimum just to stay alive.

Perhaps she meant burning 1000 calories in excess of maintenance?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Wow, that would be very hard to do. I'm not in!
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful challenge! I'm not sure I can do it for the whole 7 days but it's a great goal to strive for! Count me in
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Count me too. Need a challenge.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to burn 1000 calories a day with exercise? I only burn like 900 a week. Count me out.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    No.

I exercise for health and fitness.

I eat to lose weight.

I never have, nor ever will exercise to produce a caloric deficit.
  • 999tigger
    Options
    No.

I exercise for health and fitness.

I eat to lose weight.

I never have, nor ever will exercise to produce a caloric deficit.

Is this somehow more virtuous?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Are we going by MFP calorie burns or actual real world calorie burns?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1,000 calories in exercise?
    That's.... hard to do and takes a long time. Time I don't have.

Count me out.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    1,000 calories in exercise?
    That's.... hard to do and takes a long time. Time I don't have.

Count me out.

Yeah, sorry. I'm out, too. For me, I'd have to run a 1/2 marathon daily to burn 1,000 workout calories. And 7 days in a row? I'm no crybaby whiner, but I'm pretty sure I'd die.

• cresyluna
    cresyluna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Man I wish I had that time, wearing a HRM I usually average around 500cals per hour in the gym, and this week is definitely not going to allow 2 hours each day.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    And to the OP...I took a look at your diary. Before you put this challenge out there, you should know you're logging a solid 100% more in exercise burn than you're actually burning.

Which brings it back to my question....how are we calculating the burns...?
  • 999tigger
    Options
    why not assume all three and then you cna give the answer for hrm, machine and mfp.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    No thank you. A 50mile, 3hr ride on my road bike doesn't burn more than about 700. I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend 4+ hours a day working out on a challenge. I have more important things to do. Like play with my dog or spend time in my gardens.
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Mr_Knight Actually, I can burn 1000 calories easy in one workout. It only takes about an hour of running and walking intervals. I'll be posting here every day to check in. I also log my calorie burns with an HRM.