What can you eat on a diet?

Options

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats your boat, but in my world, berries are no substitute for brownies. If I want a brownie, I'm going to have a brownie. As others have said, I eat what I want and fit it into my calories. Last night I had a salad I made at home with bacon, cheddar cheese, two eggs, crispy chicken strips, a boatload of baby spinach and some Ranch dressing. It was so good I'm having the same thing for dinner tonight. I also don't use food as a reward. IMO that is setting up an unhealthy relationship with food. Moderation is key, and not looking at any food as good, bad, or only for certain days of the week.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    So yeah...

I've seen so many people talking about these "healthy" cakes, muffins, smoothies and in general just desserts. THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY!

Some of them has a high calorie intake, and some have a low calorie intake.

When people see the words healthy in front of food, they generally, instantly think that it is good and you can eat as much as you want.

The cakes are more healthy than normal cakes, but they are NOT everyday eating. They are designed as a substitute to "friday" candy/cake. Also why waiste your time on a "brownie" when there are so many other great choices, like berries, fruit (try some new fruit you have never tasted or don't get often.) and nuts.

You can make so many great simple snacks, that are healthy, delicious and where there hasn't been added any sweetener or exstract.

I personally have started on packing tomatoes, nuts, berries, fruits and rugbrød for school.

In the morning have started on eating oatmeal with raisins. For lunch i eat a piece of fruit and some nuts. At about 4 - 5 pm I eat a piece of rugbrød (which is so, so healthy, good and full of fiber.) at dinner i just eat regular like pasta meat, lasagne, pizza (homemade of course ) and at night i grab a cup of tea.

At Fridays I go trough pinterest and find some yummy snacks and make them.

What do you eat throughout the day? What do you eat to reward yourself? What do you eat at Fridays?
    Why are these foods "unhealthy"? What cakes are you talking about? Why can't I have dessert every day? What's so special about Friday, aside from being the usual end of the work week?

I eat what I want within my goals. I have dessert twice a day. I'll start eating more fruit when man comes up with a brownie-flavored berry. Diary's open if you want to snoop. Feel free to PM me about how I'm going to die soon and/or get diabetes.
    img_3042-copy.jpg

wenozls4yc1u.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Eat-All-The-Food-Meme.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I eat anything I want as long as it fits my calorie deficit.

Because I'm not a complete idiot who needs to be spoon fed some bizarre diet.

Lol! Burn! Again
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Friday cake
    cakebackmountain1.jpg

They are sooooo orange!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Friday cake
    cakebackmountain1.jpg

They are sooooo orange!

They were doing it in Cheetos
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I was worried it was referencing the other ongoing thread and was Kraft mac & cheese mix.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    They are sooooo orange!

Perhaps go to same spray tan salon as Boehner?

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    They are sooooo orange!

I pronounced his last name wrong for the longest time. No one corrected me. :(

• ana3067
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I was worried it was referencing the other ongoing thread and was Kraft mac & cheese mix.

i draw the line at my food combos.
  • ana3067
    Options
    They are sooooo orange!

I pronounced his last name wrong for the longest time. No one corrected me. :(

8632c175b9a5bb3f7f7dc72f721dd27a4bbb6cf369624200429eaf2306434b6d.jpg
  • jan3h
    jan3h Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Eat-All-The-Food-Meme.jpg

Yep!
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What a hippie opening post
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Honey I literally just ate some of this.

va9f6t5o9al3.jpg

And I've lost 75.3 pounds.

wdvdng7ytwid.jpg

So I'll keep doing me. You keep doing you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    For those interested, that picture is of slutty brownies. Easy to find a recipe on Google. :pensive:slutty2.jpg
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    For those interested, that picture is of slutty brownies. Easy to find a recipe on Google. :pensive:slutty2.jpg

OMFG! <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    What do you eat throughout the day? What do you eat to reward yourself? What do you eat at Fridays?

I eat whatever I want to eat as long as the total calories is below my calorie limit. Fridays are no different from any other day of the week.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wonder if this is a troll? They have over a thousand pounds to lose according to their profile.

If it's a glitch then you need to learn to eat in a sustainable way & not look at this as a diet.

For the most part I eat pretty much the same foods for every meal & my dessert is usually ice cream/gelato.
  • Bbecatti
    Bbecatti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have either a low sugar cereal or an egg muffin for breakfast, waffles on weekend (plain). Lunch is usually smoothie or salad with Chicken strips. Dinner I alternate between fish, chicken, beef with a vegie. I don't "reward" myself with food, that's what got me in the shape I'm in. I've learned the main thing is consistency and to really watch the scale indicator when you finish your daily food diary that tells me "if every day were like today in 5 weeks you would weigh_____" this is a great motivator for me both when I do well and when I do badly. I eat out, just make wise choices.. if Mexican I have fahita's and don't eat the tortilla, went to BBQ last night, had ribs but no hush puppies or fries etc. I've fought being over weight for 30 years. I'm tired of it and with MFP I'm able to loose consistently just making good choices & sticking to my calories every day... I had oreo ice cream a week ago but I counted it & adjusted the rest of my choices for the day. Good luck, hang in there.