diet pills

Options

Replies

• shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried that green coffee bean extract stuff "Dr." Oz was toting for a while and it caused my anxiety to skyrocket and I had so many panic attacks because of them. My manager at work saw me taking them and made me throw them out, thankfully.

Like my mom has ALWAYS told me, if there was a diet pill that worked, Oprah would've talked all about it. It would have clinical studies proven, and it would be the biggest money maker ever. But there isn't one that actually works, and many haven't gone through proper testing and can be dangerous to your health.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys FYI I'm not pregnant at all.. What I meant was if I take diet pills now later on will it cause any complications to my pregnancy if I wanted to have a baby in future. And moreover I'm still 70kgs even though I'm in to calorie deficit

You weigh 70kgs and in your profile pic you certainly don't look like someone with a lot to lose.

How tall are you?
  • sparklin_r0se
    sparklin_r0se Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4
  • karenstephens37
    Options
    Does any1 could recommend me a safe diet pill and do they cause any pregnancy complications later on??

I'm interested in an answer too. After loosing 80 lbs without diet pills, I still have at least 65 lbs to loose before attempting IUI fertility option. I've been trying to loose it for about 9 months and only lost 10 lbs, which I gained back. My OBGYN started me on Contrave and said to stop it at least a month before trying to conceive. I went ahead and started it. I've lost 6 lbs this first week. I'm following up with my Fertility Doctor in a few weeks to discuss his opinion on how long to wait before starting the process.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Did you mean to say loost?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Most diet pills are basically legal speed. Even if they do help/cause you to lose weight, you don't develop the habits you need to keep the weight off once you quit taking them.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you want to know how wonderful "diet pills" are, go watch the movie "Requiem For A Dream".
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys FYI I'm not pregnant at all.. What I meant was if I take diet pills now later on will it cause any complications to my pregnancy if I wanted to have a baby in future. And moreover I'm still 70kgs even though I'm in to calorie deficit

Ok, the problem with a lot of diet pills that you can get over the counter us that they are "supplements". This means that the FDA has no jurisdiction over them. Makers don't have to test these pills to even show that they work. They certainly don't do long term tests to look at things like fertility.

They can be dangerous or the can be useless. If they were useful a legit pharma company would work it into real medicine fast. As it stands you have no way of knowing if these things are good, bad or just useless
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So, you're 154 pounds trying to lose 22 pounds and you want to do a diet pill? Believe me, diet pills are not the answer. Diet pills do not create a deficit, you do with cutting down on foods.

If you are not losing weight, you are not eating at a calorie deficit.

If you want help figuring out where you are going wrong, please open your diary so we can give specific advice.

Make sure you weigh your food, log everything you eat and drink, ensure you are using accurate entries, log your exercise calories and eat a portion of them back.

• SLLRunner
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I tried that green coffee bean extract stuff "Dr." Oz was toting for a while and it caused my anxiety to skyrocket and I had so many panic attacks because of them. My manager at work saw me taking them and made me throw them out, thankfully.

Like my mom has ALWAYS told me, if there was a diet pill that worked, Oprah would've talked all about it. It would have clinical studies proven, and it would be the biggest money maker ever. But there isn't one that actually works, and many haven't gone through proper testing and can be dangerous to your health.

I like your mom, and what she said sounds like what my mom would have said if she were alive today. She always told me that losing weight was not about WHAT you eat but about HOW MUCH you eat. She's been gone for years, but I just started listening to that advice in the past few years.
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Make sure you weigh your food, log everything you eat and drink, ensure you are using accurate entries, log your exercise calories and eat a portion of them back.

Somehow I don't see this happening.

• SLLRunner
    Options
    Wreathy wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Somehow I don't see this happening.
    Why would you say that? Some people who seemed resistant have made that change and come back to report their success after doing so.
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.
  • SLLRunner
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wreathy wrote: »
    I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

But, why? I just don't see where you're coming from, and your statement is a generalization.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What I meant was if I take diet pills now later on will it cause any complications to my pregnancy if I wanted to have a baby in future. And moreover I'm still 70kgs even though I'm in to calorie deficit

I'll repeat my advice. Start taking a pregnancy vitamin now with Folic Acid to prevent certain birth defects in the future. Spina Bifida is a defect that is caused in the first four weeks of pregnancy, before many women even know they are pregnant. Sufficient Folic Acid prevents this defect.

Other important vitamins include the B vitamins. So if I were you I'd stay away from vegetarian diets and make sure you get a good variety of foods including proteins, vegetables, and dairy.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A good multivitamin with iron and a probiotic for your general health. Diet pills are a gimmick.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Three penis wine.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Three penis wine.
    Huh?
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Ok, the problem with a lot of diet pills that you can get over the counter us that they are "supplements". This means that the FDA has no jurisdiction over them. Makers don't have to test these pills to even show that they work. They certainly don't do long term tests to look at things like fertility.

They can be dangerous or the can be useless. If they were useful a legit pharma company would work it into real medicine fast. As it stands you have no way of knowing if these things are good, bad or just useless

The FDA 100% has jurisdiction over nutritional supplements pursuant to the DSHEA Act of 1994.

Makers do have to prove both efficacy and potency.

Lots of nutritional supplements are neither dangerous nor useless.

I am not commenting on diet pills, but on your completely incorrect statements about nutritional supplements.

• bcolpetzer
    bcolpetzer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other comments there is no diet (miracle) pill. Most of them are loaded with stimulants that mess with the body chemistry or are hyped up by saying made with healthy green tea extract. what they aren't saying is the extract part is the caffeine part that is no good to you. Dont get me wrong I love green tea but only drink the decaf kind. Caffeine is a stimulant that wreaks havoc on your hormones and chemistry dont need it. Getting active will give you the same affect as caffeine. At least it does for me. Without the jitters and crash afterwards.
    My advise is real food, lots of water and get active. It really does work.

It takes bad habits and time to get out of shape, so it only makes sense it will take good habits and time to get back in.