What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a primary care appointment last week for a routine exam, and was telling the nurse about how I lost the weight. She said she co-leads a weight loss and fitness group with a doc and that everything I was saying is exactly what they teach. Then she said "you should come in and talk and show them how it's done." Nice to get confirmation of my strategy!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OK, so this is totally a scale victory, but I have officially lost 90 pounds!!!!

And, for a NSV, yesterday I was given a t-shirt as part of a weight lifting thing I did. When I signed up, I assumed the t-shirts were all men's sizes since it didn't give an option of men/women shirts. While it did ask for your gender on the registration form, no where did it say that ladies would receive a women's t-shirt. Because of that I ordered a medium. Imagine my surprise to find out it was a lady's medium, and not a men's medium! I went ahead and tried it on, and while it was a little snugger than I prefer my t-shirts, I was able to wear it. Me, wearing a medium!!! Woohoo!!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've got another!
    Drug out my pants today and they are loose! Not falling down loose but heading downward when I walk loose.

Also I can fit into a top one size smaller comfortable! I'm size 20 now!

Yes that's pathetic I know but yay!

That's not pathetic at all! I started at a tight 22 (refused to move up to 24!) and was very excited to get into a 20! Keep it up!! Congrats!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I stuck to my calorie goal yesterday. It isn't much, but I've been struggling hard lately. :(
  • geminijen77
    geminijen77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to be able to say YES to things that require a person to be fit. This year I set a goal to climb Mt Kilimanjaro and I DID IT. I was the heaviest person in my group and the last to finish but I MADE IT!
  • SMoorcroft
    SMoorcroft Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Being able to run along side my son whilst teaching him to ride his bike without stabilisers - although he is too quick for me now lol
  • Esabettie
    Esabettie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to be able to say YES to things that require a person to be fit. This year I set a goal to climb Mt Kilimanjaro and I DID IT. I was the heaviest person in my group and the last to finish but I MADE IT!

Wow, that's great!
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Arm muscles! I'm in LOVE!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got this new road bike and have no doubt that I will get a lot of use out of it.

g2733z8donls.jpg
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just got this new road bike and have no doubt that I will get a lot of use out of it.

Ohh that is pretty!!

I said two bikes ago that I wasn't going to add to my collection anymore. I have seven now!

My NSV today is that the jeans I'm wearing have holes under the belt loops where I was trying to yank them over my thighs six months ago. Not so much as a wiggle today, nevermind the full-on skinny jean dance!!
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    On Saturday, I walked and hiked 10 miles and didn't even feel a little tired. I only returned home because I got hungry or else I could have kept walking. Being lighter makes physical activity much more enjoyable and my knees no longer hurt.

This thread is great! Reading all of the victories is really inspiring!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Made bad choices at lunch yesterday. Basically ate all my calories for the day at lunch. Instead of chucking the whole day, I ran 3miles when I got home (even though I really didn't want to) and made great choices for dinner. Ended up just under my net calories for the day. It would have been so easy just to have given up at noon and called it a "cheat day". So glad I didn't!
  • ladygusgoose
    ladygusgoose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am keeping my new year's resolution... and so far I have lost 8.4 lbs in 55 days! (didn't actually start on Jan 1... :smile: )
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Had 11 days at our house in the South of France and made good choices with food and exercise, but enjoyed myself whilst we were there and felt fantastic!!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've progressed down through all of the notches on my "fat" belt and moved on to a smaller belt this morning. Not only did it fit, but I actually needed the 2nd notch! Not a huge deal, but it's definitely progress!
  • LazPagz
    LazPagz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i did a 5K yesterday and ran the whole way! no stopping or walking!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My tight jeans can now be pulled off/on w/o unzipping =)
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a few, I now fit comfortably into size 16 jeans! When I started size 22 was tight!

All of my bras even the sports one are too big now! When I started these cups totally overfloweth'ed!

And what I'm most excited about is I've gotten my mile run/walk down to 12:34. I know it's not super impressive but when I started I was averaging a 17:40.
    Next I want to be able to run an entire mile without stopping!
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I ran my very first half-marathon. And I mean ran. I never had to walk. Not 5 months ago, I couldn't make it through a 5k without walking most of it. Now I know that that each small change I made builds on the others and extraordinary accomplishments are achievable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!