What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Saturday I went to the pool and decided to go to the weight room instead. I did an hour there and then went to the wellness area--whirlpool and heated ceramic bed. After, I was in the shower and went to grab some soap when I found myself face to face with a woman that I do acqua-gym with, but don't really talk to since I'm at one end of the pool and she's on the other. I said "Oh, hi" and she said "I don't know what program you're on, but your body is looking great"! She proceeded to say how you could really see a difference from before. I said thanks, and explained MFP to her and her friend. I've been on MFP for 2 yrs, and have lost 20lbs. Since I'm 60, I'll take any compliment I can get! Thanks MFP. B)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    my movement on the tennis court has been GREATLY improved, and I recover much fast. That is FITNESS!
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I finally jogged 5k without stopping! I started C25K in mid-February so am well chuffed to have managed it (I couldn't jog for one minute without needing to stop then). I'm not the fastest (37:58) but am just so so happy!
    Oh, and two people at work commented on my weightloss today (first people to notice except for my partner and my brother). It's been a very good day today :smiley:
  • Wullie90
    Wullie90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I went clothes shopping the other day and ive went from XXXL to L t-shirt and from 38/40" jeans to 32" in 6months :smile:
  • Sammbep
    Sammbep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wrote in my weight check-in 97 kg, after a few seconds I realized that it was 87 kg. The habit is still there.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Smaller summer tops!!!!! :smiley:
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Did anyone watch Family Guy last night? The scene where Lois and Peter had accidentally switched pants was funny, especially Lois' comment.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I saw my reflection in a window today while walking and had to do a double take. My shape has changed so much!
  • SMoorcroft
    SMoorcroft Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pre babies AND pre wedding (7 years ago) jeans not only FIT but need a belt on them too!! *does victory dance round bedroom*
  • ephphy
    ephphy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm about 45lbs down, but can't visually tell the difference myself yet, though at Easter someone who hadn't seen me for a couple of months did notice. I got on an 'old' train today (something I haven't done for a long time as they're only used during peak and being unemployed for almost a year I have no need to travel during peak and was only doing so as I was returning from a job interview) and where I used to need to sit sideways to prevent my knees being crushed against the seat in front, this was partially from having long femurs for a female, and a big old protruding butt. I have joked the reason I can't tell where the loss is happening is because it's gone from my butt which I can't see, and the train confirmed it. I was able to not only sit in the seat without crushing my knees, but there was almost an inch of space between my knee and the seat in front.
    Where previously if someone chose to sit next to me on the train I'd get sore/cramping in the upper thighs/groin area from keeping my knees closer together than they naturally fell (thanks fat thighs!) and not being able to keep my heels on the floor because of how the seats in front are attached, today I didn't get that either, which means the walk home from the station was a walk and not a limping shuffle!
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    Yesterday, I ran my very first half-marathon. And I mean ran. I never had to walk. Not 5 months ago, I couldn't make it through a 5k without walking most of it. Now I know that that each small change I made builds on the others and extraordinary accomplishments are achievable.

What sort of training did you do? Thats really impressive!

I dont think I can run to the end of the street without feeling like Ill have a heart attack, I love the idea I could make progress like that.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 1 of C25K!
    Congrats! Keep with it! I felt great when I finished week 1... I struggled but today I finished week 6. You can do it!

thank you! glad to hear you finished week 6; I'm going to finish, no matter how slow my "run" may be
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    epido wrote: »
    I've got another!
    Drug out my pants today and they are loose! Not falling down loose but heading downward when I walk loose.

Also I can fit into a top one size smaller comfortable! I'm size 20 now!

Yes that's pathetic I know but yay!

Totally NOT pathetic! We all started somewhere, and a smaller size is still a smaller size! Congrats!

NOT pathetic! I cannot wait to drop a size! Congrats!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    Yesterday, I ran my very first half-marathon. And I mean ran. I never had to walk. Not 5 months ago, I couldn't make it through a 5k without walking most of it. Now I know that that each small change I made builds on the others and extraordinary accomplishments are achievable.

What sort of training did you do? Thats really impressive!

I dont think I can run to the end of the street without feeling like Ill have a heart attack, I love the idea I could make progress like that.

I just ran my first half marathon, too! I started with Couch to 5k, then did a 5 to 10k program. For the 5 months leading up to my half, I was doing a 20 week half marathon training plan I found online.

Before all this madness started, I couldn't run for 1 minute without feeling like I was going to die! The key for me was to slow down. You should be able to hold a conversation while you are running. If you can't, you are probably trying to run too fast.

There's a great Couch to 5k Group!
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing - well done!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sammbep wrote: »
    I wrote in my weight check-in 97 kg, after a few seconds I realized that it was 87 kg. The habit is still there.

I totally do this too and accidentally add 20kgs!!! I could hardly believe it when I was in the 80s, my brain literally can't comprehend the 70s. :smile:
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can back squat my weight which is 195 lbs. In October I could barely squat with the 45 lb bar on my back.

I also went shopping in my basement and have more jeans to wear!
  • dhampir_princess
    dhampir_princess Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This morning while I was still lying in bed I was actually able to feel my hip bones through all my pudge? Like???? What...??
    I forgot I even had those things. Like LEGIT forgot because it's been so long since I was actually able to distinctively touch them. (it was actually starting to freak me out a little bit
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    My hair is much healthier and has grown a few inches!
    I have more energy and can play with the kids for longer. I bounce my way through my workday
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My cholesterol has gone down. Still not in normal range yet, but it's gone down- without any medication.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!