People who weigh food, how frequently do you use yours during the day?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I live in Canada and purchased mine off of ebay and it came from China. Cost me $4. I have had it over a year and changed the batteries once and I use it multiple times a day. I would say it's whatever brand you are buying.

Salter, Taylor (heard bad things from others about this one) and Starfrit. GAH.

Maybe it's the batteries? lol man i don't know, that's just crazy. Or maybe I am just lucky with the one I got lol
    Seriously check out ebay, sometimes things from China take a lot longer to come, I think I waited a couple months for mine, but it's worth paying substantially lower!

Either Canada gets the reject scales, the reject batteries... or BOTH! I also wondered if I was putting the batteries in wrong but then again if I had.... the scales wouldn't have turned on :p But mamapeach said she changes her batteries pretty well monthly, so maybe there are differences in use that affect battery life?

I reaaaally need a damn plug-in one.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've been actively weighing every day for around 4 months, i think... It feels like forever LOL

I use my scale 3-4 times a day, I haven't had to change the battery yet. Mine uses one of those little coin shaped batteries.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    DAMN IT, you guys need to send me your scales to see if me using it suddenly makes htem all DIE.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use my scale about 2-4 times a day. The only thing I have to weigh at breakfast is my Greek yogurt. I tend to weigh about 3 items at lunch, but I get interrupted sometimes and have to turn the scale on and off and tare it. Dinner is when I weigh the most foods and there is almost always an interruption so I'm turning it on or off about 3 times.

When I was at college (I just graduated and moved home in December) my mom bought me a cheap scale from Target and I used a lot, probably close to 10x a day. I only had to replace the batteries once or twice in two years, and it used those flat lithium batteries. Now I use my mom's weight watcher scale and I haven't had to replace the batteries yet. I think that the Target scale was a bit more sensitive, but the WW scale is bigger, easier to weigh things on, read, and has more features.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and purchased mine off of ebay and it came from China. Cost me $4. I have had it over a year and changed the batteries once and I use it multiple times a day. I would say it's whatever brand you are buying.

Salter, Taylor (heard bad things from others about this one) and Starfrit. GAH.

Maybe it's the batteries? lol man i don't know, that's just crazy. Or maybe I am just lucky with the one I got lol
    Seriously check out ebay, sometimes things from China take a lot longer to come, I think I waited a couple months for mine, but it's worth paying substantially lower!

Either Canada gets the reject scales, the reject batteries... or BOTH! I also wondered if I was putting the batteries in wrong but then again if I had.... the scales wouldn't have turned on :p But mamapeach said she changes her batteries pretty well monthly, so maybe there are differences in use that affect battery life?

I reaaaally need a damn plug-in one.

Wow. What a thought

• valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    DAMN IT, you guys need to send me your scales to see if me using it suddenly makes htem all DIE.

Look on ebay.ca They have the MyWeigh scale for sale for a little less than $40 (CAD). I think I saw an adapter listed as well. Hope this helps!