Can you keep a secret?

Options

Replies

• ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    My bad guys....I haven't posted here for a while and forgot how incredibly uptight some people are regarding calorie counting...

Uptight? Oh sunshine.

The only person you're hurting is yourself. If you want to lie to yourself and underestimate calories, that's cool.

Just don't go posting on the forums asking why you're gaining and not losing in 3 weeks.

Oh dear, I am pretty seasoned at this whole weight loss/ logging thing at this point. I will leave the griping and belly aching to the newbies.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options
    @itsjordannicole I'm not a chipotle lover but I too have a dirtly little secret. I don't own a food scale. I have no plans to ever own a food scale. I feel like weighing my food would take all the joy out of it. I am losing weight. I too eat back only a portion of exercise calories. This I solemnly vow: Never will I post a topic called "Why am I not losing weight?" I always know why. lol.

Take that food weighing, portion nazis.

You are a breath of fresh air on this very stuffy thread <3
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at keeping secrets. If something tells me something they want to keep secret, I immediately tell all my girlfriends down at the hair salon.

Bet they are just waiting for your secrets!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Thanks. One of the big ideas on this site is to create sustainable healthy weight. I'm not going to weigh my food for the rest of my life, so I'm not starting now. I try to be honest with myself about my portion size but no one is perfect. If I eat too much, I'll spend some extra time in the gym.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Three weeks from now, OP wants to know why she isn't losing weight... she's logging accurately darn it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    @itsjordannicole I'm not a chipotle lover but I too have a dirtly little secret. I don't own a food scale. I have no plans to ever own a food scale. I feel like weighing my food would take all the joy out of it. I am losing weight. I too eat back only a portion of exercise calories. This I solemnly vow: Never will I post a topic called "Why am I not losing weight?" I always know why. lol.

You are a breath of fresh air on this very stuffy thread <3

wow food weighing portion nazis...that's a new one....

goes to find her fuhrer...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks. One of the big ideas on this site is to create sustainable healthy weight. I'm not going to weigh my food for the rest of my life, so I'm not starting now. I try to be honest with myself about my portion size but no one is perfect. If I eat too much, I'll spend some extra time in the gym.
    When you get to a way smaller goal range, weighing/measuring is key to 100% accuracy.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    OP I'll wait until you post another omg I gained 2 lbs over the weekend thread...

Proud food weighing portion nazi checking in
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Some people must not realize OP has lost over 50 pounds....
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I always just go with whatever the calories say on their site - sometimes I get a bigger bowl and sometimes I get a smaller bowl so I figure in the end it all evens out :wink:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »

okay so have a lot of us...and the closer you get to goal the harder it gets and weighing food and suggesting it to others as well as suggesting logging correctly does not make us Nazis...or mean...or whatever else someone wants to call us...

I lost 60...gained some back over holidays and vacation and I know to lose that plus an extra 5 takes knowledge on how much is going in and being honest with myself...
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options
    OP I'll wait until you post another omg I gained 2 lbs over the weekend thread...

Proud food weighing portion nazi checking in

Just don't hold your breath because you will be waiting for a while ;)
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options
    laura3977 wrote: »
    I always just go with whatever the calories say on their site - sometimes I get a bigger bowl and sometimes I get a smaller bowl so I figure in the end it all evens out :wink:

Exactly!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    My ability to tell what a correct portion size is? It doesn't work properly. My food scale corrects that.

I look at my food scale the same way I look at my eyeglasses. It fixes something about me that's fallen outside the range of normal.

I'm happy to be a food weighing portion nazi, and probably will be for life.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

How close are you to your goal weight? This isn't going to work when you have only 5 pounds left. At least, it didn't for me.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »
    Some people may not realize....
    jkwolly wrote: »
    When you get to a way smaller goal range, weighing/measuring is key to 100% accuracy.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    My bad guys....I haven't posted here for a while and forgot how incredibly uptight some people are regarding calorie counting...
    It is called the Cameron Fry syndrome. If you have a lump of coal. . . .

• ItsJordanNicole
    Options
    To be clear: When I cook at home, I weigh my food. When I eat out on weekends and sometimes during the week, I trust the website or the menu even tho it will not always be accurate. I cannot and will not stress over it. I workout enough to cover extra calories because I never eat back my exercise calories. Honestly, I rarely log on the weekends at all. This is what works for ME. I am in no rush to lose my weight and I am INCREDIBLY proud of the work I've done so far. I have a healthy relationship with food. The beautiful this about weight loss is that there is more than one way to do it. Everyone does what works for them.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

That.
    Was.
    Beautiful.
    :flowerforyou:

giphy.gif

• Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Has no one looked at the OPs before and after?? I THINK SHE'S GOT THIS!!