Filling breakfasts

Options

Replies

• lifeviabrittney
    lifeviabrittney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do a meal prep type of "cup" to just warm up in the microwave for breakfast! It's SUPER easy. Calories depend on how full you pack them or how many you make with the ingredients, but they can be anywhere between 75-100ish.

Ingredients:
    1 bag of hashbrowns (20 oz- not frozen)
    1 tube of lean ground turkey sausage
    1 small container of Egg Beaters (I use southwest for a little spice!)
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray pan w/ non-stick spray.
    2. Equally distribute hash browns into 12 count muffin pan. I make a "nest" shape so that I can easily put other ingredients inside.
    3. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes.
    4. While that's baking, cook turkey sausage on stove top into crumbles. Heat until no longer pink.
    5. Equally distribute cooked sausage (I use about 1.5 T for each nest of hashbrowns.)
    6. Pour 2 T of Egg Beaters over each nest.
    7. Lower oven temperature to 350, and cook for 14-16 minutes.

You can serve them immediately or you can wait for them to cool completely and portion them out. I like them with some fruit, cottage cheese, or yogurt for breakfast!

I have many many more easy recipes using muffin tins for easy servings on my website too, if you want to check that out. theprettyplus.com/delicious-recipes
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For me, filling and low calorie don't go together. For a really filling breakfast, it has to be about 500 calories. I include eggs, veggies, toast, butter on that toast, bacon, and yogurt or milk.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    gero76 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Quest bar. 12 tablespoons of egg beaters, mixed with a laughing cow cheese, and a slice of bacon.

Hey thanks not sure what egg beaters are or how to cook this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNyUALnj8V0
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

If you don't have access to Egg Beaters, just use eggs. If you must keep it low-cal, cook the egg whites only.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

If you don't have access to Egg Beaters, just use eggs. If you must keep it low-cal, cook the egg whites only.

Wow, I just googled this and it looks brilliant. Aww, man. There goes another super practical protein source I don't have access to where I live. Along with PB2 <=(

I can't afford to go through that many egg whites...plus I feel kinda guilty for wasting the yolk, hehe (I don't always, but sometimes I just need the whites!)

Hope you have access to this,OP
  • Gypsyrider4221
    Gypsyrider4221 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    3ferbqtqcrlm.jpg
  • FitForL1fe
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

Wow, I just googled this and it looks brilliant. Aww, man. There goes another super practical protein source I don't have access to where I live. Along with PB2 <=(

I can't afford to go through that many egg whites...plus I feel kinda guilty for wasting the yolk, hehe (I don't always, but sometimes I just need the whites!)

Not sure why you'd ditch the best-tasting part of the egg just to save a few calories :disappointed:

Not to mention how much more $$ it costs to do that compared to buying 12 or 18 eggs.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

Not sure why you'd ditch the best-tasting part of the egg just to save a few calories :disappointed:

Not to mention how much more $$ it costs to do that compared to buying 12 or 18 eggs.

Because I'm a female, I'm short and I have to eat at a deficit to lose weight. I don't get too many cals. So at the end of the day, when I still need some grams of protein, but don't have many calories to spare, I really only need the whites.

Like I said, I don't always do this (I usually have 2 eggs... or 1 egg, 2 whites) and when I do, I feel bad about wasting the yolk. It's exactly what I said. So that egg beaters thing sounded like a great alternative. Which I guess is why people buy it.

Get it? Man, peolpe can be judgy about other people's business...
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

Because I'm a female, I'm short and I have to eat at a deficit to lose weight. I don't get too many cals. So at the end of the day, when I still need some grams of protein, but don't have many calories to spare, I really only need the whites.

Like I said, I don't always do this (I usually have 2 eggs... or 1 egg, 2 whites) and when I do, I feel bad about wasting the yolk. It's exactly what I said. So that egg beaters thing sounded like a great alternative. Which I guess is why people buy it.

Lol I don't really care what you personally do with your 1200 cal a day. No judgment here.

Just offering my suggestion to OP, rather than wasting a bunch of money on Egg Beaters or throwing egg yolks down the drain. :mrgreen:<3
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

Lol I don't really care what you personally do with your 1200 cal a day. No judgment here.

Just offering my suggestion to OP, rather than wasting a bunch of money on Egg Beaters or throwing egg yolks down the drain. :mrgreen:<3

Haha fair enough. I jumped rather quickly, but, in my defense, I'm having bad day. A bad day I say!

Cheers = )
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I eat egg beaters but I buy the egg beaters egg whites. I have high cholesterol so I limit it. I still eat yolks time to time but not as often. These were an good substitute. =)

Egg white omelets is my favorite. Loaded with veggies. Of course, breakfast muffins would be excellent and portable.

• FitForL1fe
    Options
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

Haha fair enough. I jumped rather quickly, but, in my defense, I'm having bad day. A bad day I say!

Cheers = )

I was quick to defend eggs. They make the sun shine. :sunglasses:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    For me 'filling' will depend on what time of the month it is, but typically...

- low carb/high fiber tortilla with cheese, egg, and ham/sausage/bacon
    - oatmeal with nut butter (got to be one serving though)
    - two fried eggs with 150g of refried beans
    - two eggs, hash browns, and bacon
    - whole wheat English muffin with ricotta (at least part skim) and honey

I need the fat and fiber to be full, pretty much.
  • cocoavirgo
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Quest bar. 12 tablespoons of egg beaters, mixed with a laughing cow cheese, and a slice of bacon.

Do you scramble this or Put it in a wrap
  • cocoavirgo
    Options
    3ferbqtqcrlm.jpg

Please let me know what this is? And I need the recipe immediately... Please?????
  • cocoavirgo
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    cocoavirgo wrote: »
    3ferbqtqcrlm.jpg

Please let me know what this is? And I need the recipe immediately... Please?????

They look like Ore Ida Tator Tots wrapped in bacon?
    I need this is my life
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i make this almost every other week, and i have it for breakfast 6 days in a row with a slice or two of bread.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/03/kale-chorizo-frittata/
    Kale+Chorizo+Strata+slice.jpg

it's a kale and chorizo frittata, but you can substitute any kind of sausage and leafy green for the recipe.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like to do a 3 egg omelette with soem chopped up tomato and spinach cooked into the egg and some white cheddar cheese, ham, and sauteed mushrooms and onions inside. Then if you need more a light english muffin, a mini bagel, or some fruit on the side.
  • robynmclaren98
    robynmclaren98 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of my protein oatmeal.
    1 tbsp slivered almonds
    1 tsp ground flax
    1 tsp whole flax
    1/8 cup porridge oats
    1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    Throw it all in a coffee cup at work, zap it in the microwave until its nice and thick and creamy, and...yummy breakfast, no mess no fuss :)
  • gero76
    gero76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i make this almost every other week, and i have it for breakfast 6 days in a row with a slice or two of bread.
    That
    http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/03/kale-chorizo-frittata/
    Kale+Chorizo+Strata+slice.jpg

it's a kale and chorizo frittata, but you can substitute any kind of sausage and leafy green for the recipe.

That looks so nice how do u make it?