Options

Replies

• bkolegraff
    bkolegraff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    gero76 wrote: »
    hi
    I'm the type of person that likes to eat within 30 mins of waking up
    I find if I eat a good filling breakfast & I mean FILLING then it can keep me going for hours! If any1 has suggestions on nice filling breakie slow calorie I'd be most grateful

I make chilled "Swiss Oatmeal". You make it the night before, and its good for 2-3 days. Very filing. Has oatmeal, milk (I use almond milk) apples, bannanas, raisons, and low-fat yogurt. Corner Bakery also sells it for $4.50 a bowl (350 calories). Let me know if you want more, or jsut google "Swiss oatmeal."
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    halencak3 wrote: »
    For me oatmeal fills me up and I can last until lunch time. If I eat eggs or yogurt or fruit, I'm hungry shortly after. I also eat my oatmeal plain, no added stuff (but that's for consuming less calories)

Oatmeal rules as a hunger killer for me as well. This is my favorite way to have oatmeal: Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal. Super easy to make and very nutritious. I've gotten rave reviews and every person has asked for the recipe. Best topped with vanilla Greek yogurt, I think. I make it on the weekend and then cut the pan into squares for an easy breakfast during the week.

http://ohsheglows.com/2014/03/19/heavenly-carrot-cake-baked-oatmeal/
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 string cheese, a banana and a glass of milk. I wasn't hungry for at least 5 hours.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i make this almost every other week, and i have it for breakfast 6 days in a row with a slice or two of bread.
    That
    http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/03/kale-chorizo-frittata/
    Kale+Chorizo+Strata+slice.jpg

it's a kale and chorizo frittata, but you can substitute any kind of sausage and leafy green for the recipe.

That looks so nice how do u make it?

Are you kidding? I posted the link to the recipe.
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Im usually the person who can never get full. But earlier I made a sandwich that actually kept me satisfied for awhile.
    I took a light multi-grain english muffin, and filled it with 1 fried egg, 1 slice of sargentos cheese, 1 slice of hormel canadian bacon, and 1 slice of bacon and it was 352 calories.It had 24g of protein, and 8g of fiber. Of course if you can spare more calories, you can add another piece or 2 of the candian bacon or the regular bacon, but it won't cost you too much more. This might be a new go-to meal for me.
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Another one is "overnight oatmeal". I used this recipe, but instead, I use vanilla greek yogurt and whole milk. 355 calories, 18g of protein, and 15g of fiber. Next time after heating it up, I'm putting raisins in it to make it perfect. lol http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    One of my staples is plain Greek yogurt topped with berries, pecans and a drizzle of honey.
  • Karen_Clark
    Karen_Clark Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal into vanilla 80-cal Greek Yogurt, maybe a sliced banana or something too - very filling and super yummy. I will also sometimes have it for dessert!
  • eseviour1981
    Options
    Last night I made a batch of the mini whole wheat egg sandwiches that I found on the MFP blog, although I substituted the ham for bacon:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/mini-whole-wheat-egg-sandwiches/

Since one of those wouldn't be enough, I also made a small "muffin" type thing (I'm using the term pretty loosely here!) out of spinach, zucchini, corn, goat cheese, green onion and flax eggs, and squished that between some flaxseed flat bread. Total is about 350 calories.
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a weird combo but it's really good, filling & high protein (26g).
    *1c plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
    *1 small apple, diced
    *1c diced celery
    *1/4 c chopped walnuts
    *honey or Stevia to taste

Mix it all up and enjoy! You get a protein, a veggie, fruit & a healthy fat serving all in one!

• SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    dawne000 wrote: »
    *1 small apple, diced
    *1c diced celery
    *1/4 c chopped walnuts

Mix it all up and enjoy! You get a protein, a veggie, fruit & a healthy fat serving all in one!

I've seen weirder, lol.

Hey, I do a snack that's very similar to yours :). It just swaps the celery for carrot and grates it all:

1C plain Greek yogurt
    1 small apple, grated
    1 small carrot, grated
    1/4C chopped walnuts
    stevia/honey/brown sugar to taste
    maybe some cinnamon

= )

(The original recipe uses condensed milk instead of yogurt, but those are calories I simply can't afford.)
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    *1 small apple, diced
    *1c diced celery
    *1/4 c chopped walnuts

I've seen weirder, lol.

Hey, I do a snack that's very similar to yours :). It just swaps the celery for carrot and grates it all:

1C plain Greek yogurt
    1 small apple, grated
    1 small carrot, grated
    1/4C chopped walnuts
    maybe some cinnamon

= )

(The original recipe uses condensed milk instead of yogurt, but those are calories I simply can't afford.)

I'll have to try it with carrots! Sounds good!!! :)
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    try overnight oatmeal recipes, eat them right out of the fridge, room temp or heated. I prefer room temp.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i eat english muffin, turkey sausage, egg and 80 cal worth of cheese everyday. about 300 calorie sandwich.
    satisfying and lasts me until lunch.
  • missball
    missball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Low calorie to one person is not the same as another!
    My breakfast of choice works out at ~300kcal...
    Overnight oats:
    In bowl/mug/container .. 50g muesli, soak in enough fruit juice (orange works well) to cover. In the morning, add 3tbs/80g low fat Greek yogurt and a big pile of fruit (I usually use mango or strawberries), mix it all up and Ta Da!... A lovely healthy, balanced, super tasty breakfast that will not only leave you feeling full til lunchtime but also make you feel generally super.
    Give it a go. I tried it out a couple of weeks ago cynically but have stuck with it cause its fab.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Egg white oatmeal is the best and TONS of protein.
    1/2 c oatmeal
    1/2 c water
    3/4 c egg whites
    Combine the above, microwave for 75 seconds, stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, repeat until cooked thru.
    Top with almond milk, fresh fruit and cinnamon.
  • eandersonfeb23
    eandersonfeb23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to make an open face sandwich of a slice of Ezekial Sprouted Wheat bread with a 1/2 tbsp of real butter, 1 egg (fried in Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil), 2 slices of nitrate free bacon or sausage links and 1 piece of real cheese. Everything takes less than 3 minutes to do and it's a great balance of protein, fat & carbohydrates! Need more carbs? Do two slices of bread.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If any1 has suggestions on nice filling breakie slow calorie I'd be most grateful

One serving greek yogurt, one scoop protein powder, and one serving Fiber One. Stir it together. Reminds me of mortar - thick and filling. LOTS of protein.

Edit: 343 calories, 43 carbs, 7 fat, 42 protein, 14 fiber and 0 sugar
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    *1 small apple, diced
    *1c diced celery
    *1/4 c chopped walnuts

I've seen weirder, lol.

1C plain Greek yogurt
    1 small apple, grated
    1 small carrot, grated
    1/4C chopped walnuts
    maybe some cinnamon

= )

I'll have to try it with carrots! Sounds good!!! :)

And I'll try the celery!! Diced. :smiley:
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    4 eggs scrambled (tastes good either half egg white only or all whites if your tight on calories)
    1 serving smoked salmon
    1 giant handful of spinach
    1 table spoon of flax seed
    Squeeze of lemon
    Pepper

Scramble eggs then add the rest all chopped up, low calorie, super filling, super yummy, pretty big and chocca with protein and goodness! Takes about 4mins.