Tried my first quest bar after reading all the hype here...

Options

Replies

• michelleamhill
    michelleamhill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lucky vitamin has Quest bars for $2.09 each and free shipping on orders of $50+. I also get Atkins bars, coconut oil and vitamins here for great prices. http://www.luckyvitamin.com/sb-quest-bars
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I bought three different flavors and only liked one. I think it was maybe the cookies and cream one. They tasted OK, but I also felt like they tasted like the wrapper? I don't know.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I find that any protein bar takes a couple times to get used to. I used to really only like one flavor of quest (but enough to say I love quest bars). Now more and more are growing on me and becoming delicious. Back in the day when I ate the Pure Protein bar it took me awhile to get used to it too, and I also ended up loving it.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    ehhhh pass. but IIFYM and you like em then they're gtg
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I find that any protein bar takes a couple times to get used to. I used to really only like one flavor of quest (but enough to say I love quest bars). Now more and more are growing on me and becoming delicious. Back in the day when I ate the Pure Protein bar it took me awhile to get used to it too, and I also ended up loving it.

Have you tried the Salted Caramel Pure Protein bar? Delicious.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    hncary wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Personally, the cinnamon roll warmed is the business... and I HATE the taste of fake sugar. But! I found that after I ate one, without fail, I would develop stomach pain and indigestion. Booo

I always get the stomach pain too. I don't hate the taste by any means, but every single time I try to eat one I feel sick for a good hour or two. Not sure why, but they just don't sit well with me.

It's the sugar alcohols. Some people have issues digesting them. Check the ingredients on the one you're eating, note which sweetener(s) it has, and try a flavor that uses different sweetener. It may be you're one of the people who can't tolerate any of the polyols, but that's not always the case.

I will check when I get home, but so far its been chocolate chip cookie dough and cinnamon roll. I can't remember the other right now.

Yep, the Cinnamon Roll is one of the highest in sugar alcohols. A whole one can upset my stomach too, but I can eat other flavours. I always check the label to make sure it's one that isn't high in sugar alcohols.
  • arditarose
    Options

Have you tried the Salted Caramel Pure Protein bar? Delicious.

Have not! Calorie count is too high in them for me. Maybe I'll pick one up if I feel like making it fit.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter, the 'natural flavor' one is a hit in our home. Stevia and Lo Han Guo are the sweeteners used. Like others mentioned, they're great for on the go and quick protein/fiber when my food day has been icky lol
  • pmg2000m
    pmg2000m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the cookies & cream. Vitaminshoppe.com has them for only $24.99 per box.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I'm the opposite. I'll like them the first time I try, and then as time goes on, I become more aware of the aspects I don't like, to the point they overpower whatever I do.
  • arditarose
    Options

I'm the opposite. I'll like them the first time I try, and then as time goes on, I become more aware of the aspects I don't like, to the point they overpower whatever I do.

Haha. Interesting. Okay, I speak for myself!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I bought some a while back. They were okay. The chocolate peanut butter one was disgusting though. I didn't mind the cookie dough and cookies and cream, but I quit eating them after I finished off the ones I bought to try. I just didn't like them enough to spend that much money on them. Plus, I didn't find them satiating. They always left me feeling hungry for some reason.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    barneygood wrote: »
    Personally, the cinnamon roll warmed is the business... and I HATE the taste of fake sugar. But! I found that after I ate one, without fail, I would develop stomach pain and indigestion. Booo

I always get the stomach pain too. I don't hate the taste by any means, but every single time I try to eat one I feel sick for a good hour or two. Not sure why, but they just don't sit well with me.

It's the sugar alcohols. Some people have issues digesting them. Check the ingredients on the one you're eating, note which sweetener(s) it has, and try a flavor that uses different sweetener. It may be you're one of the people who can't tolerate any of the polyols, but that's not always the case.

I will check when I get home, but so far its been chocolate chip cookie dough and cinnamon roll. I can't remember the other right now.

Yep, the Cinnamon Roll is one of the highest in sugar alcohols. A whole one can upset my stomach too, but I can eat other flavours. I always check the label to make sure it's one that isn't high in sugar alcohols.

I'll have to pay more attention to that. I'll give them one more shot trying one that is lower. Thanks
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    LUNA BARS FTW! Whenever i am in the US i always stock up with coconut chocolate flavour. I know it's not the same amount of protein but whatever they are fantastic
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    LUNA BARS FTW! Whenever i am in the US i always stock up with coconut chocolate flavour. I know it's not the same amount of protein but whatever they are fantastic

I love Luna Bars as well! They don't seem to get a lot of love on MFP (not a lot of protein for the calories is what I've gathered) but since I don't have a problem hitting my protein macro or calorie goal with them they work for me.

I finally tried three different flavors of Quest bars after seeing all the raving about them here, but I was not a fan of any of them. That was about as much as I was willing to spend on the experiment.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What about smores flavour. I've never had a real smores before, but they look delicious!
    Is the quest flavour comparable?
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    What about smores flavour. I've never had a real smores before, but they look delicious!
    Is the quest flavour comparable?

You should probably go have a real s'mores. Like nowish. You're missing out.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    good when you don't have time for food........PEANUT BUTTER SUPREME, yummy!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Taste/texture was fine...but sucralose (noticed after eating)? I thought this was the "chemical" free nutrition bar?

Its a sweetener but everything is considered a chemical to some degree. Even organic or all natural items will have some form of chemical. Maybe call them and request to know why the false disclaimer or how they see it as true?