Replies

• jharris1378
    jharris1378 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Being able to run a 5k in 28 minutes. A year ago I could barely walk a mile
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am keeping my new year's resolution... and so far I have lost 8.4 lbs in 55 days! (didn't actually start on Jan 1... :smile: )

High five! I have lost like 20lbs since the new year. It is a struggle!
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Got out my winter coat (it's Autumn here in NZ) and it's actually loose when buttoned up! Last year it was straining at the buttons and I had to suck my tummy in! :)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Today, while I was doing my workout at the gym, one of the trainers pointed me out to his client, while they were going over hip hinges and squats, saying that I have "fabulous" form. After I thanked him for the compliment, he smiled and told me that he thinks it is even better than my trainer's form (who has incredible form as well - probably one of the best at the gym). This trainer has complimented me before in the past about the progress I have made over the last year and a half, but it is still cool to have one of the "cool kids" at the gym notice all the work I have been doing!

It's also surprising to me how many people around there know not only who I am, but know about some of my accomplishments, even if it is someone I don't know. Does that mean I am one of the cool kids now, too?
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Got out my winter coat (it's Autumn here in NZ) and it's actually loose when buttoned up! Last year it was straining at the buttons and I had to suck my tummy in! :)

Yay for you! I bought a new winter coat last week. I have been without one for years as I didn't want to buy one at my old size. I am so glad I did - the Antarctic winds in Wellington this week cut to the bone! So much for Autumn, we went straight to winter. :(

My NSV is that despite how cold it is, I still went out for my lunchtime run today, with 3 layers on to keep warm! I finally get what everyone is talking about when they say they are cold all the time now that they have lost weight!
  • AngeBee18
    Options
    Zzž
  • AngeBee18
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Zzž

Sorry, my phone got a bit overexcited and posted some nonsense - I wasn't implying that I was sleeping!
  • mt8998
    mt8998 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It might sound weird, but I was so happy when I checked my BMI and saw I was overweight instead of obese. Also I can now do 10 pushups straight, which doesn't sound like a lot, but coming from someone who could barely do half a pushup, this is a great milestone
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @epido that was fabulous ! I'm on the second half of my weight loss journey and gaining physical strength is much more of a focus on this half. If I can do at least one body pull up like you, I will feel accomplished. Congratulations.
  • JennyC123
    JennyC123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My "Too tight for public" jeans fit appropriately!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just now, accidentally slipped into size 12 stretchy jean shorts. Once on, I realized they weren't the shorts that fit, but the ones that were way too small last time I tried them. I had to take them off to look at the size, because I was sure I was reading the tag wrong! I don't even care that they are generously sized, because it means my own generously sized body is shrinking!!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I broke 30 minutes/7 miles on the stationary bike. It's not a lot, but when I first got on that sucker I could barely handle a single 7-minute mile.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    See my profile picture? That's me and two of my kids. We climbed up that sand dune! That picture was taken while I was halfway there.
    Lots of nsv's yesterday.
    - I climbed a sand dune for the first time in about 20 years
    - I wore a dress and got NO THIGH CHAFING!!!!!
    - We spent the entire day at the beach and the only food and drinks I packed were apples, chicken sandwiches and lots and lots of water

• sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ran the farthest EVER in my life (3.5 miles) and hit my step goal by 10am.
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I bought size medium workout pants. Yeah- they're stretchy, and a large still fits fine, but I'm on the outlook of "this is what I'll need next month anyway."
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have a very cute skirt that my ex's mom gave me awhile ago. It used to hurt to wear because it was so tight, but today it fits comfortably around my waist. Hopefully soon I'll have to go get it taken in :)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I meant to go for a mild walk with my friend this evening because I'd missed the gym; instead we somehow ended up doing a full 5K. Every time she asked, "Want to wrap it up or keep going?" I was not only able but willing to keep going.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    I broke 30 minutes/7 miles on the stationary bike. It's not a lot, but when I first got on that sucker I could barely handle a single 7-minute mile.

I can't wait till I can get that far! I'm only up to fifteen minutes so far, but it gets easier every time. :)
  • amylynnharp
    amylynnharp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can walk up the flight of stairs inside my house without getting winded.
  • SMoorcroft
    SMoorcroft Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am no longer 'obese' just 'overweight' - whoop whoop! Yes that's right, I'm cheering because I'm technically overweight LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!