Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Speaking of showers. Every time my BF stays over he uses my shampoo, soap, deodorant and my toothpaste. Frankly, I don't like it for a number of reasons. We've talked about it, but he thinks I'm petty. Yesterday, I asked him where his stuff was, he said in his gym bag at work. Today, I hid the deodorant, when he asked where it was, I said, "It's gone".

Oh, I'm judging this! Men should NOT wear women's deodorant.

I always found men's deodorant is better than women's anyway! Why would he want to smell like a girl?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.

I keep a stash in my car boot. Which if fine through the winter, then I have to think of somewhere else for the summer because it melts and makes a big chocolate mess in my car... which can be mistaken for something else. :confounded:
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    When my cat follows me around the kitchen meowing I sometimes imagine she is telling me about the burglar who comes every day and steals her poop. It is kind of like she is panicking and trying to warn me. Look, look! Don't you notice it is missing again?!
  • Pipara
    Pipara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    When my cat follows me around the kitchen meowing I sometimes imagine she is telling me about the burglar who comes every day and steals her poop. It is kind of like she is panicking and trying to warn me. Look, look! Don't you notice it is missing again?!
    Haha, poor cat! That put a smile on my face this morning, thanks :lol:
  • glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I confess I have just been honest about the small weight gain from easter indulgence and updated my correct weight into mfp. Blah. On the plus side it gave me slightly more calories. But not enough to get excited about. But just, blah. Dammit. I'm on it though, back on the horse.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I would estimate that most of my wardrobe comes from the thrift stores (GoodWill & The Salvation Army) & Wal-Mart/Target.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I would estimate that most of my wardrobe comes from the thrift stores (GoodWill & The Salvation Army) & Wal-Mart/Target.
    Me too!! *high fives*

I confess it annoys me a little more than it probably should when I read people claiming they want to "loose" weight. LOSE, people...not "loose" it's a completely different word.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    Woo! Go us with our 400 pages.

And it's kind of mindblowing to think that over 100 of those pages are from 3 of my posts...!

(jk) :smile: (lol) <--- hey, look! my smiley is wearing giant hoop earrings! ;)

lol! That did make me laugh ;) So did the story of your username, in fact! That's a very unique way to choose a username! ;)
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.

I keep a stash in my car boot. Which if fine through the winter, then I have to think of somewhere else for the summer because it melts and makes a big chocolate mess in my car... which can be mistaken for something else. :confounded:

Two words - Tootsie Rolls
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

I don't have kids but it bothers me that schools try to dictate what parents can and can't feed their children. I get the "peanut free" for allergies, but if someone wants to include a few chips in their child's lunch, they should be able to do that.

Actually the no nut bothers me more. Because it is not like my child is going to force feed her Peanut butter sandwich to someone else. Sorry just a rant. My child was picky and peanut butter was her thing. And no the child only had allergies if she ate nuts not contact. When they get to secondary school policies change and most kids leave campus for lunch.

I understand the inconvenience of peanut bans, but when my son had a reaction to peanuts, it was terrifying. Young kids with allergies are not always able to protect themselves from cross-contamination. No one is force feeding, but imagine that your kids friend has a pb&j, then plays patty cake with your child, triggering an allergic reaction.

Yeah one of my oldest best friend can't eat nuts and I guess the family had tried something new for after dinner treat and had to make a trip to the hospital because it obviously had nuts in it. I could not imagine especially if it is extreme case and your first time. On another note my husband realized he is allergic to flax seed after getting a tight chest and trouble breathing after eating a yogurt that had mixed seeds in it. He only discovered that was what caused it when he went to eat a second one. When a child has a nut allergy they post a sign on the classroom door also they send a note home t the beginning of the year.
  • tiona83
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

Honestly, I'm all for that. Why, you might ask, when all foods are healthy in the context of a well-balanced diet? Because for many kids, that kind of food is ALL that their parents give them, and this way, at least they'll get ONE non-"junk" meal in their day. At least, that's my personal take on it. :)

I don't mind it, either. The way it works these days, kids go to lunch for 20 minutes, then recess 20 minutes, but as soon as they're done eating, they get to go to recess. Give them a lunch of a sandwich, a string cheese, some carrots and a cookie, most of them are going to eat the cookie, dump the rest, and go to recess as soon as they possibly can. Take away the cookie, they have no choice but to eat something that will last longer than recess.

Our school has a green flag so they must bring home their lunch trash for "proper" disposal (recycling, compost etc). It is nice because you know what they ate and did not eat.
  • tiona83
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    If I tried to jog with my beagle I'd probably (definitely) fall down almost immediately. He likes to stop and smell every. little. thing. so the first interesting stink would bring him to a dead stop.

When we lived in our old condo, my husband suggested that i take my cat for a walk down the hallway to check the mail. 20 min later he pops his head out the door to see we've made it 10 feet. The cat had no concept of "going for a walk" and would take 2 steps. Sit and look around. Lick himself. Go 5 steps in the opposite direction and repeat.

I have never taken any cat I've had for a walk, but it was all too easy to imagine this happening. I admit I just snort laughed my head off and I am still occasionally giggling about this.

My great grandma always had a Siamese cat and would declaw it because it was an inside cat (I confess she probably declawed if for safety reasons….enter spare bedroom….and out of no where….. cat would be viciously attacking your feet) Anyway she would put it on a lead to take him out side when grandma would sit on the porch.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Hahaha I do stuff like this. If I want to stop myself eating it I will destroy it so its no longer edible. Glad I am not the only one ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Well a week of eating in the red and not exercising has resulted in a 5 lb gain. Time to get back on track. :neutral:
  • Oberon21
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Actually apparently triple post
  • Oberon21
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession - Sometimes I pretend I had a bad day so my husband will rub my feet.

But is it truly pretending if it turns out (albeit after the fact) that you *would* have a bad day if he *didn't* rub your feet...? ;)

...so... in the end, you've actually been honest... you've just told the truth 'early' is all... ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I get grumpy when I wake up when it's time for the kids to get up and I don't get my 'me' time for breakfast and coffee.

I hate people on craigslist who just answer that they want something and just give me their phone number. Nope, I'm not calling you, sorry, not happening. I didn't give me my phone number in the ad, I do not want to talk to strangers, who are probably going to pester me to lower my price and just forget it.

My cat used to follow me when I went for a walk. Now I make sure she's inside when I go (she doesn't go out much anymore anyway).

I love my cat but when the kids are finally in bed for the day and I can get a bit of quiet, I get annoyed when she jumps on my desk meowing. Heck, I get annoyed when my husband touches me too. I want my peace and quiet after several hours with my kids.

Yeah, I'm an introvert.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    It's Friday and I'm secretly hoping for some good forums started haha I'm awful >:)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession: I bought a 2+ lbs hunk of prosciutto today because some Target employee accidentally labeled it as frozen turkey breast. It was 1.89$/lb. For freaking PROSCIUTTO!!! I am not the least bit sorry for taking advantage of it, either.

This is amazing and I absolutely would have taken advantage, too.