Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I've been known to wear concealer, mascara and eyebrow pencil on race days because I know I'll have my photo taken at the finish and I want to take the edge off my sweaty red round face a bit. I know it's vain but I don't care. I never bother removing my makeup before any workout, save swimming, and although obviously it doesn't look great at the end, I don't think I look TOO much of a mess.

I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, but I do if I'm going out beyond regular errands or working out. I never wear it when I go to karate, but I put it on for belt tests so I feel extra fierce.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was freaking out this week because I was up 4 pounds. It wasn't TOM. I used this as an excuse to derail and eat ALL the things. (See my confession from yesterday.) Last night and this morning, I woke up 3 times to pee (I never usually have to pee in the night). And, wow, the scale is back down this morning to the original weight. Fricking water retention. Now I am pissed, because if I hadn't freaked out over the gain, I would probably be lower than I am. :s
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I don't like bacon.

Neither do I! I only eat turkey bacon.

The whole "bacon craze" is just another example of how we're a nation of fat*sses.

I prefer pork roll.

Hey! The real you! Very nice pic, AOJ!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    annonm wrote: »
    The first time i tried to eat healthy was when i tried kale.........there was a bug in it so it ruined veggies for me. :
    :(

That's disgusting! It ruined all vegetables? There are pages and pages of kale related posts earlier in this thread.

When I was about 5, I was sitting on the porch with some family eating dinner, we were talking and laughing, I took a bite of potato salad not noticing that a fly had landed on it. I'm still traumatized!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    When my cat follows me around the kitchen meowing I sometimes imagine she is telling me about the burglar who comes every day and steals her poop. It is kind of like she is panicking and trying to warn me. Look, look! Don't you notice it is missing again?!

I seriously laughed at this! My cat is a talker too. He says "Mama" when he's hungry which is pretty much always even if he has a full bowl of food. Sometimes, I have to point repeatedly to his full bowl and say "Look, Owen, you already have food." He's just a moron, but I love him and will cry uncontrollably when he dies.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was freaking out this week because I was up 4 pounds. It wasn't TOM. I used this as an excuse to derail and eat ALL the things. (See my confession from yesterday.) Last night and this morning, I woke up 3 times to pee (I never usually have to pee in the night). And, wow, the scale is back down this morning to the original weight. Fricking water retention. Now I am pissed, because if I hadn't freaked out over the gain, I would probably be lower than I am. :s

I've gotten to the point where I make myself expect an extra five pounds after eating "bad" so that I don't have that very same freak out. I also down 10+ cups of water each of the two following days so I feel like I'm doing something about it other than waiting.

So, yeah. I have to play mindgames with myself.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I go after work too, so full makeup, but half of it is gone by the time I leave. Waterproof mascara is wonderful! And I'm the opposite of you...rarely leave the house without makeup because I feel more comfortable with it on.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess, I'm on cruise control until I leave early today.

Haha me too- it's Friday and I'm leaving early woo hoo!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I hope I'm not the only one who deals with this, but I've gotten more uncomfortable with my body since losing weight. I'm losing from my boobs the most, so my shape has changed and I'm disproportionate and it feels so weird. Like, I'm losing weight, isn't that meant to boost my self-image? It's tiring, to say the least.

I don't have the same exact feelings as you but I feel weird about the way I look now as well. I don't know what it is but I've lost almost 50 lbs total (25 a couple years ago and almost 25 this year so far). I feel like I look just as big if not bigger now. In my work clothes I think I look terrible. I just can't seem to figure out where I'm losing the weight from because everything fits pretty much the same and I don't think I look better at all. No one notices anything either.

Sorry you are feeling uncomfortable. I'm sure you look great though. :) We are our worst enemies as they say.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).

i peel layers of skin off of the bottoms of my feet and heels. sometimes i rip off too much, hit raw flesh then end up with a slight limp for a few days while it heals....

I did the peely foot skin thing once, ended up with way more than a slight limp for 3 days - it was weeks before it stopped hurting but then I am a big wuss :)

It sucks so much! My heeled boots mess* my feet up (I'd usually swear there but can't remember if we're allowed to here!) and they're rougher than they've ever been, I got a foot scrub from Lush but it isn't hardcore enough.

My confession: just had a row with my OH cos earlier he was teasing me, holding food away from me and saying I couldn't have it - he was just playing around (immature sense of humour in general) but that's a massive trigger for my ex -ED thoughts, and he knows that. He claims he forgot that deliberately and gleefully withholding food from me, in order to tease me, is a trigger. My brain just goes 'nope, that's wise, you're a fat cow, you don't deserve to eat' and my appetite shuts down. I've been doing well recently but this has brought up old stuff.

My boyfriend thinks he's 'helping' when he tells me I shouldn't eat something because he knows I'm trying to lose weight. Thing is if he says don't I am so eating it plus more just to show him that I do what I want when I want. Then I get annoyed with myself because I really want to lose weight! I confess I am such brat sometimes.

I know how you feel. My husband will ask where I want to eat when we are out doing errands and stuff. I always tell him I don't care. One time he freaked out on me. I just sat there wondering what the h#** happened. He then proceeded to explain that he wants me to choose so I know I will eat something I need vs something just to eat. He is trying to be helpful, but I hate having to be the one to pick a place to eat on the spot.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Lol! Totally something I would do!

How appropriate that the most quoted post is once again quoted on page 400!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

I go after work too, so full makeup, but half of it is gone by the time I leave. Waterproof mascara is wonderful! And I'm the opposite of you...rarely leave the house without makeup because I feel more comfortable with it on.

Ah, you see, I kinda feel I'm not worthy of make-up. My logic is, it's not going to cover up the fact I'm fat. To me it's like putting make-up on *Insert ugly creature here* (I know some people will find one animal ugly but others find cute). I see it as a waste of time, money and effort putting it on, and then more time, money and effort taking it off. But that's my opinion, I know people who HAVE to put make-up on just to nip to the shops. Even worse, I know people who will spend the entire of a Saturday getting ready for that night. What a waste of a day?!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...
    I am constantly astonished about how rude people are. Did they really say that in front of you? Unbelieveable.

My confession. My period is 4 days late. My cycle has been a bit all over the place because of having an IUD removed, but I'm still panicking. I'm 47 and my youngest child is 14. :/
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    annonm wrote: »
    The first time i tried to eat healthy was when i tried kale.........there was a bug in it so it ruined veggies for me. :
    :(
    The first time I tried to eat oysters, one of them was still alive - I could see its little heart beating. I couldn't do it, so my friend happily scarfed it down instead.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    CONFESSION: I think it'd be funny (and ridiculous) if we tried to have page 409 consist of nothing but talk of cleaning products...! :)

(Formula 409, indeed...!) ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Ah, you see, I kinda feel I'm not worthy of make-up. My logic is, it's not going to cover up the fact I'm fat. To me it's like putting make-up on *Insert ugly creature here* (I know some people will find one animal ugly but others find cute). I see it as a waste of time, money and effort putting it on, and then more time, money and effort taking it off. But that's my opinion, I know people who HAVE to put make-up on just to nip to the shops. Even worse, I know people who will spend the entire of a Saturday getting ready for that night. What a waste of a day?!
    That's me, but it takes me less than 5 minutes. I have rosacea, so I look red and blotchy without foundation, and piggy-eyed without mascara. I don't wear much makeup, but I NEED what I wear!

I'm sorry that you think you don't have features that are worth enhancing, because I'm sure you do. But if it's just that you can't be arsed with the effort, that's cool too!
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I snack on candy... I won't buy it ever, but if it's around I'm like s mini chocolate magnet. Also I have an unhealthy obsession with Quest bars
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Gender reveal parties are also awkward for me. I went to one for cousin and his wife last year and I was so bored because a lot of their friends were there and I didn't know anyone. lol Plus, I'm 24 and they're in their 30s with kids and careers, so we had basically nothing in common.

I was so mad when my aunt posted a picture to Facebook of my cousin revealing the pink cupcake for a girl with me in the background at the party looking pissed off. It's like, "You couldn't have cropped me out??" lol I hate that picture so much.

I kind of feel like gender reveals should be more having the future grandparents over than big family party, you know? Take a cute photo, slap it on Facebook, and everybody else knows! ;)

Seeing as how I'm going to BE one of these soon, I LOVE this idea! It's a lot more intimate and meaningful in my opinion.

• powven
    powven Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ate like damn near a whole Dominos pizza last night with the kids after going all day without eating and lifting heavy. Back on it today!