What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• bewarethedog
    bewarethedog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing size 8 jeans today. Haven't seen this size in over five years! Last summer I was in size 14, so this definitely is a huge victory for me!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Touring college campuses with my son did not cause me to collapse/become winded. In fact, I looked forward to the hills and the stairs and using our exploring to get my heart pumping. I'm not afraid that I'm going to find myself in a situation that will overwhelm me physically - I just push right through it with confidence and determination. Who have I become, LOL?
  • jesslynn271395
    jesslynn271395 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gave blood the other day and was a little bummed when they didn't have the size t-shirt I normally wear. I decided to go with the size down thinking I could shrink into it. When I tried it on it fit perfectly!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday I have lost 32kgs.

I hit 32kgs lost this week also. yay us! :D *high five*

My NSV is that I went shopping for some new clothes and actually enjoyed myself. Previously I would do anything to avoid walking into a clothes shop, especially 'trendy' stores (lol it makes me feel 100 years old writing that, but you know what I mean...). Nothing would fit well or make me feel good, and I felt like everyone else in the shop was wondering why a frumpy obese woman like my former self was there. This time I went into some stores I would have previously avoided and didn't feel self conscious. It was a massive psychological victory for me.

However I may have unleashed a shopping demon... :o
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Mine tonight was I have realised I now need to buy some extra elastic for my lounge pants as they no longer stay up.

Not throwing them away though, because:

a) They're Sonic the Hedgehog ones (yes, i'm a big child sometimes)
    b) They have good room for legs (which are getting significantly bigger since doing crazy deadlift routine!)
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Today my husband and I went to eat at a restaurant that we haven't gone to in years. It used to be one of our favorites, but I got too big to fit in the booths comfortably. Now after dropping loads of weight, the booths are no challenge to me any more. He kept saying, "This place is great. I wonder why we stopped coming here." I knew why, but didn't say anything.
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    I went shopping today for a dress to wear to a friend's baby shower tomorrow... and everything fit so I couldn't decide what to buy! lol. It was a good feeling.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Someone I'd never met/who has never seen me before went to my mom's house and saw a picture of me from high school and looked at me, then said "Don't take this the wrong way, but you've lost a lot of weight."
    It was nice to have someone completely unbiased notice!
  • GunbunnyFuFu
    GunbunnyFuFu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ran the mandatory fitness test at my workplace and got my PB in time, and I wasn't really trying hard...scaled the 5' wall like it wasn't there. Have lost 7" in my waist, and the fitness instructor said I looked phenomenal....I feel great!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half marathon, and did it in 1:52...8.5 min/mi pace B)
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted 340 @ 194 pounds body weight.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Gardening today I used my old (as in not worn/fitting for 6 years) dirty work trousers. Not only do I fit them, they are a bit loose. My husband saw me in it and he said, Honey you are looking very trim in them
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    When I commented to the cashier at the Hospice Thrift store on the cute dress I found, she said, "well, you're tall and slim - you can get away with a print like that." (I'm 5'4" and have gone from 240 to 147). Me...... tall and slim ......NEVER thought someone would describe me as tall and slim!!!!!
  • rglovorn
    rglovorn Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am down 9 lbs since starting MFP 2 months ago. Was feeling kind of bummed this week because no one has noticed at work (I am 5'3" started at 168 down to 159)...but I saw a co-worker yesterday that I hadn't seen since December. She e-mailed me later and asked if I had lost weight, because 'you sure look like you have.' Yay =D
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate has gone down to 65 from 89.

• boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Saw a work colleague today for the first time in a few weeks and he said "wow, you are half the man you were!"
    Fortunately he was only referring to weight loss!!
  • sinamon
    sinamon Posts: 1
    Options
    What part of the Lake District do you walk ?
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    Did my favourite walk in The Lake District (UK) at Easter. The first part normally takes about 1h40mins with at least two stops because it's so steep and I am so out of breath, I'm also usually shattered half way round the walk back. This year I did the first part in 38 mins with no stops at all and completed the rest of the walk with energy to spare. I was a very happy lady indeed that day.
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    Did my favourite walk in The Lake District (UK) at Easter. The first part normally takes about 1h40mins with at least two stops because it's so steep and I am so out of breath, I'm also usually shattered half way round the walk back. This year I did the first part in 38 mins with no stops at all and completed the rest of the walk with energy to spare. I was a very happy lady indeed that day.

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My deadlift is at bodyweight (195lb)!!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    In only my second run of the season (it was 3/4 running and 1/4 walking and slower then my normal space), I attacked my first hill and was about 3/4 of the way up it before I just couldn't push myself anymore.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I just emptied my wardrobe of my clothes that were sizes 16 and 18, it feels amazing to be wearing a 12 or 14! I filled 3 big bags with stuff that's too big for me. Now I have to save up and go shopping again as my wardrobe is a bit bare, weight loss feels great but it's expensive, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!