What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I didn't let the number on the scale discourage me this morning. It went up half a pound from last week, and old me would have quit and gotten some Ben and Jerry's ice cream and cried. The new me is buckling down and doing a little extra workout tonight :)
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ln0x0m5rs6ws.jpg
    Not even tempted!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Worked on deadlifts today. Managed 5x1 at 235 lbs, for the first time! Max I had done at that weight was 3x1.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Today the managers in my company went to a company lunch at this amazing restaurant. Instead of going for their usual highly caloric and amazingly delicious meals I went for beef fillet and salad! And in the end I didn't order desert despite absolutely loving theirs - I knew that each of their amazing cakes is a caloric bomb of 1.5k+ calories and my first thought was 'it's not worth it, I'm not even hungry' :)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I needed some new jeans. The scale hasn't moved much in the last couple of months, but when I tried on 33s, they were hella loose. I tried on 32s & they were a perfect fit.

I haven't worn 32s since my mid-20s!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I planned for a "cheat" (no logging) meal on Friday. And Saturday, I was out of control with snacks. Rather than let myself tank my entire weekend, I turned it around on Sunday and ate within my macros. And Monday (it was a long weekend for me) I did even better.

So while my self control still needs more work, I did not let a slip up on Saturday completely derail me and turn into an entire weekend of eating too much crap.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I ignored the birthday treats that were in the morning staff meeting.
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Two items to post:

1. Should have posted this a week or so ago - Took the seat belt extender out of my car as I no longer need it. Next goal is to not have to use a seat belt extender when flying (which I do 4-5 times a year). Am about 1.5-2 inches away from that goal.

2. Had a doctor appointment this morning for a check up and my lab numbers were "impressive" according to the doctor. If these keep up when I go back again in about 4 months we plan to cut back the dosage of my medication for diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. The ultimate goal is to not need medication for any of these.

Feeling enthusiatic!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Someone not related to me commented on my weight loss last night for the first time (40 pound loss)
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Ibknute wrote: »
    Two items to post:

1. Should have posted this a week or so ago - Took the seat belt extender out of my car as I no longer need it. Next goal is to not have to use a seat belt extender when flying (which I do 4-5 times a year). Am about 1.5-2 inches away from that goal.

2. Had a doctor appointment this morning for a check up and my lab numbers were "impressive" according to the doctor. If these keep up when I go back again in about 4 months we plan to cut back the dosage of my medication for diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. The ultimate goal is to not need medication for any of these.

Feeling enthusiatic!

39871-NPH-highest-of-fives-gif-ifJb.gif
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I ignored the birthday treats that were in the morning staff meeting.

I work in an office where theres almost always treats or extra food left in the break room just waiting for someone to eat it. I used to be that person but no more. Depending on what it is I do on occasion take some things to have as a snack later or as part of a meal if it fits into my eating plan for the day.

Great job on the willpower to pass them by and thanks for the "highest of fives!"

upsaluki wrote: »
    Someone not related to me commented on my weight loss last night for the first time (40 pound loss)

Feels good when others notice what you are doing without you feeling like they might be saying it out of some obligation. Congratulations!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I discovered today that in one of my favourite shops, I'm down another size from a medium to a small in the mens section, where I prefer to get my t-shirts (the guys stuff in the shop has cooler designs.) I've never comfortably worn a small size before!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Improved Perspective - We moved our offices last week and now I'm on the second floor. A year ago I would have been upset and the thought of making the up & down trips would have made me cranky. This year, I see it as a new challenge and I'm going to track how many trips a day I can make when going to other offices. Two days into the week and I've made 27 trips already. :smiley:
  • jdhcm2006
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not letting this chemical burn on my armpit (thanks VEET!) keep me from working out. It would be really easy to say "it hurts, so I can't." I'm saying "it's going to hurt regardless, so you might as well stay fit!"
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I went back to the town I moved from this past weekend. I moved in May and have only lost 11 pounds, but the first friend I saw immediately told me I sure looked thinner than when he last saw me, which was May.
    70044776.png
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    lol. i now fit into the 'small' fitbit flex wrist band......and here i thought i was 'big boned' ahaha
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My white pants from a coulpe moths ago that were too small, are now perfect for me!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I recently became able to fit into a size smaller jeans :)
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ahoier wrote: »
    lol. i now fit into the 'small' fitbit flex wrist band......and here i thought i was 'big boned' ahaha

I can hardly wait for this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!