What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fmpro
    fmpro Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I carried a 45lb flat of water bottles up two flights of stairs today and was amazed to think that I used to lug around nearly 2.5 times that in excess weight!
  • sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    I worked from home today and did not stray from my meal plan or calorie limits!!! In the past, I would have eaten everything in sight and snacked from boredom because it was available. This is a HUGE day for me!
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    fmpro wrote: »
    I carried a 45lb flat of water bottles up two flights of stairs today and was amazed to think that I used to lug around nearly 2.5 times that in excess weight!

I love this! Thanks for that perspective. When I get discouraged at the pace of my loss, I'll imagine not having a 30 pound sack of dog food tied to my belly anymore and look forward to losing another sack and a half.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I can comfortably wear my wedding band and engagement ring again! That hasn't happened for a long while.
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    fmpro wrote: »
    sssgilber wrote: »
    I love this! Thanks for that perspective. When I get discouraged at the pace of my loss, I'll imagine not having a 30 pound sack of dog food tied to my belly anymore and look forward to losing another sack and a half.

Goes to show how much of this in our heads. What gets "comfortable" is whatever we decide to do nothing about and after time we don't even think about it anymore. It really takes a mentality adjustment to commit to change.

@fmpro - Congratulations on your progress!
    @sssgilber‌ - Great attitude and perspective to keep looking forward at what you are trying to become!
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers pulled me aside today and told me I lost a lot of weight and said I looked great. She then asked me what my secret to losing weight was, and I just said eating less and moving more. It felt great, because I don't notice it as much as others have. Gave me the extra push to keep doing what I'm doing :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i realized today i am wearing pants today that i could not squeeze into a few years ago- and now they are loose, and not because they are dirty/stretched out- they are clean out of the dryer! lol
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Ate my planned dinner, did my planned workout.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles today - for the first time ever in my life! I may have been slow, but I still did it!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Increased my time from 40 mins to 45 mins on arc trainer.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Several people I work with have commented on how much weight I have lost (40 pounds). Today I got on the elevator with someone I haven't seen in a long time and she said, "you look different - your doing something different with your hair" (I'm not) LOL.
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Even though my knee is swollen and in pain, I did the stretches my PT wanted me to do. Now it feels a bit better.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I have realized that the seat belt doesn't lock up on me while in the car due to it being pulled out so far. I was even able to bend over (as the passenger) and grab my phone off the floor while the car was moving after I dropped it without the seat belt locking up on me. I didn't even have to undo the buckle to reach it. In the past I would have.
    Also, I can get closer to the mirror when I do my makeup for the day. This is exciting because I am near sighted and can now see better being closer. I can even kiss the mirror in the bathroom if I wanted to without any strain on my stomach from it being squished by the sink. 25 pounds ago, this was a real struggle.

It really is the little things that keep me going. I can't wait to see what the next NSV will be! From my heaviest (226) I have lost 55 pounds. I kept the first 30 off for 4 years. During the time I lost that weight I didn't notice too many NSVs. This time around I have noticed things from just the first 5 pounds and beyond. Onto the final 40!!!!

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Ignored the email about the food truck that was outside during lunch. I didn't want anything they had food wise, but the menu said something about a homemade brownie and I almost cracked. But I stayed the course.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had to have my wedding ring resized ..... Again ! :-)
    Congrats to everyone !!!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Deleted the "donuts in the breakroom" email and am vowed to not go in there until noon. Had a great healthy breakfast so I'm not hungry. "Fat Me" would have hauled herself right down there to indulge. "Healthy Me" filled up her water bottle. :)
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I legit looked at the donuts in the breakroom and was like...nope. Don't even want to taste one. Too sugary/processed. I'm sitting at my desk eating raspberries instead. :)
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Being able to put on an entire outfit yesterday for work, that I had not fit into for years. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!